Received the Motobilt AL fenders today. I stripped my fenders off while waiting on UPS with intentions of installing tonight. After opening and test fitting not sure I am going to install at all. IMHO quality for $$$ is lower than I expected (welds, stress marks in AL from bending, holes not lining up exact) and as for keeping them bare AL that's probably out due to welds and just the finish on the AL itself so would need to Steel-it them black or have paint matched. Also would need to modify the front fenders (cut off a flange) in order to work with the AAL liners. The hardware and rivnuts that comes with them are huge! either need to do a lot of drilling out of the AAL rivnuts, liners and OEM mount holes or just use the AAL hardware. I had almost talked myself into keeping them but then tried the rears and instead of having them line up with the OEM holes you basically drill new ones and install rivnuts.
I do like the clearances and “look" of them but will probably return them as the are more work than I'm willing to do for flares and put the OEM back on. I am going to sleep on it and revisit in the morning lol.
That's what I get for bourbon shopping and not doing my research.
View attachment 33319View attachment 33320View attachment 33321