@WhiteBronze392 Build

Thanks. I’ll do what you did, probably the best solution. Do you like the lighting so far and think the two s2 are sufficient?
Yes absolutely and more than sufficient. One would probably do fine. I may actually remove one to reinstall the trailer connection if I can’t find a good place for it.
 
I have been really busy with starting the new job and getting situated in Tampa so haven’t posted or been on here much lately much less work on any mods.
I was finally able to drive my Jeep down the Saturday after Thanksgiving after it hadn’t been moved in about 2 months. This was my first road trip with it and TBH first time on the interstate. I was pleasantly surprised once I remembered how to drive it after making that trip in my truck so often lol. She cruised at 80-85 beautifully and averaged 14.3 mpg over the roughly 450 mile trip in lots of holiday traffic.
I did schedule to have a very important thing installed today since there are actually installers here which were nonexistent in SC. Ravelco!
I don’t really wanna have to do 3 different things to get her to start each time (Tazer PIN, Mobilistics Relay, Ravelco) so trying to figure out out what I want to do. The Jeep is not my DD but I will probably disable the Tazer PIN since it’s easily turned on and off and leave the relay installed since I’m used to pressing the button as long as it keeps working without issue. But do I really need either of the others with Ravelco installed? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Next major Mod in a few months is RPM steering, control arms and track bars but want to find a reputable place here to do the install alignment etc. as im not in a place to take on that much right now. So any suggestions in the Tampa or even Florida area appreciated!
 
Last edited:
I have been really busy with starting the new job and getting situated in Tampa so haven’t posted or been on here much lately much less work on any mods.
I was finally able to drive my Jeep down the Saturday after Thanksgiving after it hadn’t been moved in about 2 months. This was my first road trip with it and TBH first time on the interstate. I was pleasantly surprised once I remembered how to drive it after making that trip in my truck so often lol. She cruised at 80-85 beautifully and averaged 14.3 mpg over the roughly 450 mile trip in lots of holiday traffic.
I did have a very important thing installed today since there are actually installers here which were nonexistent in SC. Ravelco!
I don’t really wanna have to do 3 different things to get her to start each time (Tazer PIN, Mobilistics Relay, Ravelco) so trying to figure out out what I want to do. The Jeep is not my DD but I will probably disable the Tazer PIN since it’s easily turned on and off and leave the relay installed since I’m used to pressing the button as long as it keeps working without issue. But do I really need either of the others with Ravelco installed? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Next major Mod in a few months is RPM steering, control arms and track bars but want to find a reputable place here to do the install alignment etc. as im not in a place to take on that much right now. So any suggestions in the Tampa or even Florida area appreciated!
Good call on the Ravelco! Honestly now that you have the Ravelco installed the mobilistics and tazer pin are not needed. I’d just pull the Ravelco plug when parking somewhere publicly and call it a day. Only way anyone is taking it with that pulled is by towing it, and the tazer nor mobilistics will prevent that either.
 
Congrats on new job and successful move.
Revalco and a disconnect works for me.
Thank you! Loving the job and the Tampa area so far. This will most likely be the last relocation 🤞the Ravelco will give me some peace of mind finally. I’ve been paranoid anytime I park it somewhere since my friends was stolen. What disconnect do you speak of?
 
Last edited:
Good call on the Ravelco! Honestly now that you have the Ravelco installed the mobilistics and tazer pin are not needed. I’d just pull the Ravelco plug when parking somewhere publicly and call it a day. Only way anyone is taking it with that pulled is by towing it, and the tazer nor mobilistics will prevent that either.
Yea that’s what I’m thinking as well. I will probably leave the relay (since it’s automatic) until I get used to pulling the plug on exit. I’m minimalist on pocket fill and don’t want to always have both the mobilistics fob and Ravelco plug in my pocket along with the key fob. Would feel like I need a purse 🤣
 
Thank you! Loving the job and the Tampa area so far. This will most likely be the last relocation 🤞the Ravelco does give me some peace of mind finally. I’ve been paranoid anytime I park it somewhere since my friends was stolen. What disconnect do you speak of?

This thread and down towards the end of the thread is a company that now builds them.

Glad you are doing well. Now go drive your 392!
 
Yes shocks and sway bar links on front same on rear plus remove the e brake cable bracket and unbolt the brake line brackets near the calipers
Need some insights now. I’m installing the Clayton coils today, got the rear right spring out, but can’t get the new one in. The axle can’t stoop enough. I had disconnected the shock lower end and sway bar end link too. Also removed the e brake bracket and the brake line bracket as you suggested.

Did you need to remove the rear track bar to the axle? Or loosen up the control arms? I’m stuck here.
 
Need some insights now. I’m installing the Clayton coils today, got the rear right spring out, but can’t get the new one in. The axle can’t stoop enough. I had disconnected the shock lower end and sway bar end link too. Also removed the e brake bracket and the brake line bracket as you suggested.

Did you need to remove the rear track bar to the axle? Or loosen up the control arms? I’m stuck here.

When I did my Clayton 2.5" Overland lift, I was able to get plenty of droop out of the rear axle. Are you trying to do one side at a time?

I suggest putting the Jeep on jackstands on the frame. Then, you can use your jack under the rear differential to raise/lower the rear axle as needed.

Disconnect both shocks, and the parking brake cables (as you've already done) and the diff breather tube and e-locker harness. You want that axle to be free from anything that would prevent it from lowering enough, and you certainly don't want to damage the wiring harness or breather tube. Doing both sides together, you should be able to get plenty of droop.

But just know that you'll need to have the Jeep itself pretty high up to accommodate the amount of lowering you'll need to do with the rear axle.

The front will be the same way, just without the parking brake cables (ie locker harness, breather tube, etc).
 
When I did my Clayton 2.5" Overland lift, I was able to get plenty of droop out of the rear axle. Are you trying to do one side at a time?

I suggest putting the Jeep on jackstands on the frame. Then, you can use your jack under the rear differential to raise/lower the rear axle as needed.

Disconnect both shocks, and the parking brake cables (as you've already done) and the diff breather tube and e-locker harness. You want that axle to be free from anything that would prevent it from lowering enough, and you certainly don't want to damage the wiring harness or breather tube. Doing both sides together, you should be able to get plenty of droop.

But just know that you'll need to have the Jeep itself pretty high up to accommodate the amount of lowering you'll need to do with the rear axle.

The front will be the same way, just without the parking brake cables (ie locker harness, breather tube, etc).
Thanks a lot! I started with only the right rear side. And only put one Jack stand on that side, I did use the floor Jack to lower the axle. No Jack stand on the left side. I was rotating the tires at the same time, thinking one corner at a time. But I only finished the tire rotation.
 
Last edited:
Thanks a lot! I started with only the right rear side. And only put one Jack stand on that side, I did use the floor Jack to lower the axle. No Jack stand on the left side. I was rotating the tires at the same time, thinking one corner at a time. But I only finished the tire rotation.
Sorry I missed this but what @redbeard719 said lol. I remember one side being harder and needing more droop. Did you get it sorted out?
 
Sorry I missed this but what @redbeard719 said lol. I remember one side being harder and needing more droop. Did you get it sorted out?
Thanks man, I think it was because I had the other rear tire touching the ground. Should have jacked up both.

It’s getting cold here in PA, I’ll wait until it’s warmer, no rush. Good luck to your moving!
 
Thanks man, I think it was because I had the other rear tire touching the ground. Should have jacked up both.

It’s getting cold here in PA, I’ll wait until it’s warmer, no rush. Good luck to your moving!
Yeah I removed both wheels and had two jackstands holding it up using my floor jack for the axle.

I bet! am glad to be in a warmer place at times but miss seasons and snow!

Thanks the hard part is coming up in a few weeks then it’s over!
 
I have been really busy with starting the new job and getting situated in Tampa so haven’t posted or been on here much lately much less work on any mods.
I was finally able to drive my Jeep down the Saturday after Thanksgiving after it hadn’t been moved in about 2 months. This was my first road trip with it and TBH first time on the interstate. I was pleasantly surprised once I remembered how to drive it after making that trip in my truck so often lol. She cruised at 80-85 beautifully and averaged 14.3 mpg over the roughly 450 mile trip in lots of holiday traffic.
I did have a very important thing installed today since there are actually installers here which were nonexistent in SC. Ravelco!
I don’t really wanna have to do 3 different things to get her to start each time (Tazer PIN, Mobilistics Relay, Ravelco) so trying to figure out out what I want to do. The Jeep is not my DD but I will probably disable the Tazer PIN since it’s easily turned on and off and leave the relay installed since I’m used to pressing the button as long as it keeps working without issue. But do I really need either of the others with Ravelco installed? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Next major Mod in a few months is RPM steering, control arms and track bars but want to find a reputable place here to do the install alignment etc. as im not in a place to take on that much right now. So any suggestions in the Tampa or even Florida area appreciated!
Welcome to Tampa! I live in the Odessa/ south New Port Richey area. Hopefully we meet someday!
 
Ahh yeah not far at all …I’m just west on Hwy54 . My wife and I moved here in 97…love it here.
Yep 1.5 miles from 54 of BBD! We need to get together for sure! We are loving it too.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back
Top