@WhiteBronze392 Build

There are a bunch of options on Amazon though without a power button. Mine comes on every time I start the Jeep though. But if you didn't want one with a switch/button, you could just run a search for '12v usb outlet' and scroll for days!
 
This is the one I used for just power/charging.


I put it in unfused, since the main circuit is fused at 20a. My wife almost never uses it though, but it's there if needed. It could also power a GoPro with continuous power too.
Thank youVery much. I will probably just hide it behind the panel under the steering wheel and plug in the USB C from the magsafe. I thought about routing it up to the top tray but then I’ve still got cable to hide.
 
Done! Thanks @redbeard719
IMG_9153.jpeg
IMG_9154.webp
 
Last edited:
Parts:





Wireless CarPlay - Wired CarPlay Convert Cars Wireless CarPlay,Wireless CarPlay Adapter,Apple CarPlay Wireless Adapter,Wireless Fast and Easy Use Fit for Cars from 2016 & iPhone iOS 10+(Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BR3JBNQB?tag=jeep392-20

Install :

I didn’t take pics but will try to explain best I can

67 designs and Tackform is simple. Cut the mat on top of the dash remove a screw stick the mount with included 3M tape reinstall screw then assemble the kit using the Tackform holder. The have good instructions

  1. For the wiring I used a nylon trim tool to tuck the wire behind the rubber Uconnect screen surround.
  2. Using the same trim tool remove (starting on passenger side) hvac controls panel. It just pops off.
  3. Then you will see one phillips screw in the center of the window control panel. Remove it the pull on the panel and it will pop off.
  4. Unplug the plug from the cigarette lighter and plug in the male plug from the adapter.
  5. Plug the lighter male plug you removed into the female plug on the adapte.r this plug kit actually included some pretty good instructions.
  6. I used the spade connector pigtails that came with the USB power outlet and butt splices to connect them to the power adapter.
  7. Pull the panel under the steering wheel tuck in wiring and run the wiring from the mag safe and new power outlet over under the steering wheel and zip tie.
 
Last edited:
Same. For those of us that are less DIY-experienced, would either of you be able to provide a more detailed breakdown of how to do this mod?
Hope that helps was actually pretty simple
 
I like this setup a bunch. Thank you both for the links and pics. Great look!
Thanks and same here. I like popping my phone on the magnet and it just starts charging and playing through CarPlay
 
Installed the Rugged Ridge locking hood latches today. Seem to be very good quality and install was simple. Reinstalled the Mobilistics relay a few days ago and it has worked without issue using my right hand instead of left. Maybe something was blocking the signal?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9328.webp
    IMG_9328.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 61

Attachments

  • IMG_4974.webp
    IMG_4974.webp
    104.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4975.webp
    IMG_4975.webp
    126.4 KB · Views: 64
Finished wiring up the BD squadron pro a pillar and s2 reverse lights tonight. Tied the S2 to aux 4 as I decided I would rather be able to turn them on and off when I want instead of only with reverse.

View attachment 19800
Question, when you purchased the S2 kit, what wiring type did you choose? I'm planning to wire it to the Aux too, but not sure about the wiring type. Doesn't seem the Toggle is good because we have the Aux switches. I'm not sure what the Upfitter means.

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 10.52.57 AM.webp
 
Question, when you purchased the S2 kit, what wiring type did you choose? I'm planning to wire it to the Aux too, but not sure about the wiring type. Doesn't seem the Toggle is good because we have the Aux switches. I'm not sure what the Upfitter means.

View attachment 28509
If you are using the Aux circuits you dont need any more switches, relays or fuses. Just run the ground to ground or the negative post on the battery and connect the hot to the wire that goes with your desired switch. Upfitter is what Ford calls the same thing as our aux switches.
 
If you are using the Aux circuits you dont need any more switches, relays or fuses. Just run the ground to ground or the negative post on the battery and connect the hot to the wire that goes with your desired switch. Upfitter is what Ford calls the same thing as our aux switches.
Thanks. So basically I can choose the Toggle wording type when purchase but won’t be using it. I was thinking about routing the wire from rear bumper into the frame rail then fish into the engine bay to Aux 4. Assuming the kit comes with long enough wire.
 
Thanks. So basically I can choose the Toggle wording type when purchase but won’t be using it. I was thinking about routing the wire from rear bumper into the frame rail then fish into the engine bay to Aux 4. Assuming the kit comes with long enough wire.
Thats what I did except I zip tied it outside the frame rail. Stay away from driveshafts and exhaust. I did have to add more length to the wire. Not sure which kit I got but it did come with relay and switch. Didn't use them. Aux 3 and 4 have a lower amperage rating so they are ideal for the low consumption of these lights, saving 1 and 2 for something that needs more power.
 
Thats what I did except I zip tied it outside the frame rail. Stay away from driveshafts and exhaust. I did have to add more length to the wire. Not sure which kit I got but it did come with relay and switch. Didn't use them. Aux 3 and 4 have a lower amperage rating so they are ideal for the low consumption of these lights, saving 1 and 2 for something that needs more power.
According to answer here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-with-their-harness.26015/page-7#post-1279504 It seems I should choose the Upfitter option, even thought the link is not the S2 kit.

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 12.49.48 PM.webp
 
Question, when you purchased the S2 kit, what wiring type did you choose? I'm planning to wire it to the Aux too, but not sure about the wiring type. Doesn't seem the Toggle is good because we have the Aux switches. I'm not sure what the Upfitter means.

View attachment 28509
The upfitter is the one you need it BD terms that’s existing aux switch
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back
Top