@WhiteBronze392 Build

I am gonna need the boost for these that were delivered Friday
IMG_0993.webp
 
View attachment 33948View attachment 33949Pulled off the UG fender vent vinyl as it didn’t look right with the black flares and I did a piss poor job installing the vinyl anyway lol. I am really starting to like these in black as well as the minimalist shape so if I do swap to AL will probably coat them in black as well.

All of the RPM parts I ordered are shipping Monday so will be getting all of that installed very soon.

I am not going to remove the fender mounting tabs on the front until I am fully comitted lol.
I too ran the KBD fenders for the past 4 months after my infinite offroad fender chop bracket failed, and I lost a fender to Tampa Bay on 275 🫥 After a while I really began to hate the"Tuxedo" looks with so much black on white, not to mention the inner part of the fenders did not blend well with my RSE sliders. I ended up finding a replacement PAINTED high top fender for $750 shipped from a company called REVEMOTO in TX, had to wait a damn month but it was my easiest option.

Long story long, I returned the KBD fenders and went back with the fender chop look with a replacement set of light brackets (Lifetime warranty 😲) I also installed the AAL fender retention brackets and damn that made a difference in securing the fenders to the body! No more flop!

Also, where in Tampa do you do your Jeep work? I'm out in Clearwater.
Pics below of a side x side comparison.
Cheers!
IMG_6551.webp
IMG_6552.webp
IMG_6553.webp
 
Last edited:
I too ran the KBD fenders for the past 4 months after my infinite offroad fender chop bracket failed, and I lost a fender to Tampa Bay on 275 🫥 After a while I really began to hate the"Tuxedo" looks with so much black on white, not to fender the inner part of the fenders did not blend well with my RSE sliders. I ended up finding a replacement PAINTED high top fender for $750 shipped from a company called REVEMOTO in TX, had to wait a damn month but it was my easiest option.

Long story long, I returned the KBD fenders and went back with the fender chop look with a replacement set of light brackets (Lifetime warranty 😲) I also installed the AAL fender retention brackets and damn that made a difference in securing the fenders to the body! No more flop!

Also, where in Tampa do you do your Jeep work? I'm out in Clearwater.
Pics below of a side x side comparison.
Cheers!View attachment 46392View attachment 46393View attachment 46394
Yea I liked the KBDs but also there was something I didn’t like but couldn’t put my finger on it. They are sitting in the garage I need to try to sell them

I am up in Wesley Chapel
 
So we jumped in my Jeep this morning to take my daughter to dance class and when I backed out of the garage and tried to turn no power steering. I pulled back in the garage and looked and no fluid on the ground or anything like that I could see. All has performed great all week since I did the installation and I’ve driven many times and last time I drove it yesterday around 5:00 no issues

Did I mess something up when I installed the Apex kit? Gonna do some investigating when we get back from Dance but have no clue no lights on dash or anything. Maybe the fuse? Maybe I didn’t get the electric plugs tight? But they did lock. I still have the pressure gauge installed so I can see if there’s any pressure.

Edit : fluid is full didn’t see a PS fuse but when I tried to turn in garage the service PS light with a steering wheel popped up and no pressure reading on the gauge when I try to turn the wheel

Edit Edit : so unplugged and verified connections and it’s not that so I have to assume the pump crapped out

Looks like I will be ordering the PSC XD pump to replace it.
 
Last edited:
Yea I liked the KBDs but also there was something I didn’t like but couldn’t put my finger on it. They are sitting in the garage I need to try to sell them

I am up in Wesley Chapel
Well..... I tried to return the fenders, but it was damn $138 to fold them up and shove them into a smaller box than they were shipped in. I can't justify spending nearly half of what I paid for them to return them under a warranty claim. :cautious:

Looks like we're both going be selling them in Tampa haha. I'm thinking $300 is a fair price?
 
I spoke to a very helpful tech named Adam several times today at Apex and we went through all scenarios he could think of and and he even spoke to the owner a few times but no dice. It is down to either the canbus connector (small plug) or the pump just crapped out. The connector seems fine but guess I will know for sure when I plug in the PSC pump. I had also DMd @jeepguru as I purchased from them and he said they had installed many but I had tried all suggestions. I really don’t see how the Apex kit changes could have caused the pump to go bad and I am not saying it did.

I had decided anyway after messing with it all weekend I kinda had no choice but to change the pump as I hadn’t found a smoking gun didn’t trust it and I needed to eliminate the pump as the issue

I had also called Bob this morning with PSC to see about overnighting a PSC electric pump kit to me as that wasn’t an offering in the cart. It should be here tomorrow. He also was perplexed on the Apex problem.

I ask Bob if he recommended the electric pump kit or the the belt driven replacement as I may go to a hydro assist someday and he said electric for sure. He said they run it on their 392’s with 40s and 42’s and performs flawlessly.

So I guess I have half of the hydraulic assist out of the way for the future 🤣 now heres to hoping it works 😳
 
Last edited:
I spoke to a very helpful tech named Adam several times today at Apex and we went through all scenarios he could think of and and he even spoke to the owner a few times but no dice. It is down to either the canbus connector (small plug) or the pump just crapped out. The connector seems fine but guess I will know for sure when I plug in the PSC pump. I had also DMd @jeepguru as I purchased from them and he said they had installed many but I had tried all suggestions. I really don’t see how the Apex kit changes could have caused the pump to go bad and I am not saying it did.

I had decided anyway after messing with it all weekend I kinda had no choice but to change the pump as I hadn’t found a smoking gun didn’t trust it and I needed to eliminate the pump as the issue

I had also called Bob this morning with PSC to see about overnighting a PSC electric pump kit to me as that wasn’t an offering in the cart. It should be here tomorrow. He also was perplexed on the Apex problem.

I ask Bob if he recommended the electric pump kit or the the belt driven replacement as I may go to a hydro assist someday and he said electric for sure. He said they run it on their 392’s with 40s and 42’s and performs flawlessly.

So I guess I have half of the hydraulic assist out of the way for the future 🤣 now heres to hoping it works 😳
Man, I wish you success. Can the pump be investigated once you remove it? This is on my list of mods before my next venture.
 
Man, I wish you success. Can the pump be investigated once you remove it? This is on my list of mods before my next venture.
Thank you! It is removed now for about the 4th time and I have investigated everything I can with suggestions from Apex not sure what else to do. I checked and it definitely is getting power so down to something happening to the canbus plug or the pump itself. Plug doesn’t make sense since it worked for a week ?

Maybe the pump was about to go anyway
 
I spoke to a very helpful tech named Adam several times today at Apex and we went through all scenarios he could think of and and he even spoke to the owner a few times but no dice. It is down to either the canbus connector (small plug) or the pump just crapped out. The connector seems fine but guess I will know for sure when I plug in the PSC pump. I had also DMd @jeepguru as I purchased from them and he said they had installed many but I had tried all suggestions. I really don’t see how the Apex kit changes could have caused the pump to go bad and I am not saying it did.

I had decided anyway after messing with it all weekend I kinda had no choice but to change the pump as I hadn’t found a smoking gun didn’t trust it and I needed to eliminate the pump as the issue

I had also called Bob this morning with PSC to see about overnighting a PSC electric pump kit to me as that wasn’t an offering in the cart. It should be here tomorrow. He also was perplexed on the Apex problem.

I ask Bob if he recommended the electric pump kit or the the belt driven replacement as I may go to a hydro assist someday and he said electric for sure. He said they run it on their 392’s with 40s and 42’s and performs flawlessly.

So I guess I have half of the hydraulic assist out of the way for the future 🤣 now heres to hoping it works 😳
Interesting on the electric pump.

Everyone I know, including me, went with belt drive. PSC is down the street from the shop I use and my shop installs a lot of PSC kits so I assume they are onto something.
 
Well..... I tried to return the fenders, but it was damn $138 to fold them up and shove them into a smaller box than they were shipped in. I can't justify spending nearly half of what I paid for them to return them under a warranty claim. :cautious:

Looks like we're both going be selling them in Tampa haha. I'm thinking $300 is a fair price?
Yea probably so I typically look to get at least half of what I paid. Ill go a $10 under you lol

Had I realized you were in Tampa I would have sold you a whole set of white flares for $750 or KBDs for half price ! Ive got a bunch of "take off stuff" sitting in storage I need to get rid of
 
Yea probably so I typically look to get at least half of what I paid. Ill go a $10 under you lol

Had I realized you were in Tampa I would have sold you a whole set of white flares for $750 or KBDs for half price ! I've got a bunch of "take off stuff" sitting in storage I need to get rid of
Haha no worries, I'll keep that in mind for the future. 🍻
 
Interesting on the electric pump.

Everyone I know, including me, went with belt drive. PSC is down the street from the shop I use and my shop installs a lot of PSC kits so I assume they are onto something.
I thought that was interesting as well as I was prepared to order either or the electric or belt drive kit as they are the same price and didn’t want to do this a 3rd time 😂 I knew the belt would be more work for me but didn’t care at this point. If this one doesn’t work I may be doing the belt drive 😳

Any sensor or other issue after removing the EPS pump?
 
I spoke to a very helpful tech named Adam several times today at Apex and we went through all scenarios he could think of and and he even spoke to the owner a few times but no dice. It is down to either the canbus connector (small plug) or the pump just crapped out. The connector seems fine but guess I will know for sure when I plug in the PSC pump. I had also DMd @jeepguru as I purchased from them and he said they had installed many but I had tried all suggestions. I really don’t see how the Apex kit changes could have caused the pump to go bad and I am not saying it did.

I had decided anyway after messing with it all weekend I kinda had no choice but to change the pump as I hadn’t found a smoking gun didn’t trust it and I needed to eliminate the pump as the issue

I had also called Bob this morning with PSC to see about overnighting a PSC electric pump kit to me as that wasn’t an offering in the cart. It should be here tomorrow. He also was perplexed on the Apex problem.

I ask Bob if he recommended the electric pump kit or the the belt driven replacement as I may go to a hydro assist someday and he said electric for sure. He said they run it on their 392’s with 40s and 42’s and performs flawlessly.

So I guess I have half of the hydraulic assist out of the way for the future 🤣 now heres to hoping it works 😳
I have not heard anything positive about the PSC electric pump so far. I would replace it with an OEM one or go with the belt driven pump setup from PSC.

For what it's worth, I just completed my hydro assist install. I am running the APEX boost kit and cooler, I put in the PSC 392 specific steering box, and added the hydraulic ram mounted to a next venture motorsports brackets.

Initial impressions, it's a lot less twitchy than the hydro assist I had on my 2015 JK, which is good. But the steering effort is so ridiculously light now...it will take some time to get used to. But man it tracks straight, is super responsive, and it eliminated a lot of little wiggles I had in the steering.

Good luck my dude.
 
So PSC pump installed and same issue so wasn't the pump. Shows the steering wheel icon warning and power steering hot as soon as I start it up ? Im at a loss. Any suggestions welcome
 
So PSC pump installed and same issue so wasn't the pump. Shows the steering wheel icon warning and power steering hot as soon as I start it up ? Im at a loss. Any suggestions welcome
you might have a bad ground somewhere or frayed wiring. best guess....

check every ground point you can find.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top