@WhiteBronze392 Build

So this will be wiring weekend 🙄 Im going to wire the S2 on the Motobilt tails into the reverse lights using the dirt road cred harness and a BD S2 harness I ordered.

Edit : ordered 4 BD rock lights to go in the fender wells and will move the current S2s to mid frame and put all on same AUX switch for rock lights

I also ordered some multifunction 3/4 LEDs for the front fenders so I will swap to have combo marker and blinker instead of either or
It's Saturday morning, done yet? :cool: :ROFLMAO:
 
Since I got lucky and the TC held up and I was able to back out of the garage I ended up just removing the lower S2s and using the same wiring I had previously for them and it was easy enough to route in into the tail light. I am not sure if I want to have them come on all the time with reverse. I am going to test them in that location and decide but will need to figure out something different with rock light switching if so.

I was not very impressed with the Artec plate lights so I modified the Quadratec one I had that is made to bolt on where the plate does to work and not block the camera. The Dirt Road Cred adapter worked as advertised

With the lower S2 removed I drilled the bumper and put the bolts back in for the 7 Pin connector. I don’t tow but if I ever need to now it’s just two bolts and plug in. I left it of so it doesn’t get damaged and it looks better IMHO

I am also pretty certain I can install the sensors and get back BSM if I want to fairly easily




IMG_4906.jpeg
IMG_4907.jpeg
IMG_4908.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Nice work. Curious on the bsm sensors functionality when you get them going.
Thank you. I have to work out some bracket attachments to fab up but will give it a try and report back
 
Don't forget to add the cost of an Atlas tcase!

I wonder if they keep your 392 engine and cats. I'd want those back to offset the price.

I like options for when the extended warranty lapses.
Atlas is a must either way apparently 🤣

I’m assuming they build your motor or then would be a #s issue?

I may trust their warranty more lol
 
Last edited:
Atlas is a must either way apparently 🤣

I’m assuming they build you motor or then would be a #s issue?

I may trust their warranty more lol
I'm half tempted to install Atlas once I get my 392 back. Then sell the new oem tcase to offset the swap cost.

A built 426 with a real tcase would lead to new axles. Ugh.
 
I'm half tempted to install Atlas once I get my 392 back. Then sell the new oem tcase to offset the swap cost.

A built 426 with a real tcase would lead to new axles. Ugh.
Yeah it just keeps going and going 🤣

Another $100k or so should do it 👍

Anybody need a kidney?
 
Last edited:
I installed the Poison Spyder 3/4 amber marker blinker combo lights today and was gearing up to install the BD rock lights and S2 underneath and discovered when I pre tested (thank god) they were red. I thought they had shipped the wrong thing but sure enough some how I ordered red. 🤦

I boxed them up to return but decided to hold off on reordering until I figure out how I am going to switch them as I am out of AUX switches. I was going to tie them into AUX 4 with the winch solenoid but I am not crazy about that idea.

I can either hook the rear S2 to the reverse lights and free up AUX 3 like originally planned, tie the rock lights and S2 into the running lights but don’t think I want them to always be on, use the supplied switch for them, or go with an SPod bantam x touch screen just need to figure out where to mount it 🧐
 
Bummer. Red, you need to to go the city skid row area to use them.

What about placing switch(es) just aft of the transmission shiter on the center console ?
 
I installed the Poison Spyder 3/4 amber marker blinker combo lights today and was gearing up to install the BD rock lights and S2 underneath and discovered when I pre tested (thank god) they were red. I thought they had shipped the wrong thing but sure enough some how I ordered red. 🤦

I boxed them up to return but decided to hold off on reordering until I figure out how I am going to switch them as I am out of AUX switches. I was going to tie them into AUX 4 with the winch solenoid but I am not crazy about that idea.

I can either hook the rear S2 to the reverse lights and free up AUX 3 like originally planned, tie the rock lights and S2 into the running lights but don’t think I want them to always be on, use the supplied switch for them, or go with an SPod bantam x touch screen just need to figure out where to mount it 🧐
I went with the VOSWITCH for a clean install with a lot of room. It's much easier to reach on the fly than the factory switches behind the shifter.
 
I installed the Poison Spyder 3/4 amber marker blinker combo lights today and was gearing up to install the BD rock lights and S2 underneath and discovered when I pre tested (thank god) they were red. I thought they had shipped the wrong thing but sure enough some how I ordered red. 🤦

I boxed them up to return but decided to hold off on reordering until I figure out how I am going to switch them as I am out of AUX switches. I was going to tie them into AUX 4 with the winch solenoid but I am not crazy about that idea.

I can either hook the rear S2 to the reverse lights and free up AUX 3 like originally planned, tie the rock lights and S2 into the running lights but don’t think I want them to always be on, use the supplied switch for them, or go with an SPod bantam x touch screen just need to figure out where to mount it 🧐
My rally car switches I redid. Plenty of room near shifter! Lol
20190208_201039.webp
20190211_203731.webp
 
Bummer. Red, you need to to go the city skid row area to use them.

What about placing switch(es) just aft of the transmission shiter on the center console ?
Did you mean to type shiter? 🤣
 
I went with the VOSWITCH for a clean install with a lot of room. It's much easier to reach on the fly than the factory switches behind the shifter.
Thank you that looks slick. The Spod mounts on the drivers side so if I desired to route all of the lights to it instead of the AUX switches I’d have to reroute everything 😮
 
Thank you that looks slick. The Spod mounts on the drivers side so if I desired to route all of the lights to it instead of the AUX switches I’d have to reroute everything 😮
SDHQ has a Switch-pros mount that goes under the headlight controls.
1724593563963.webp


Or Motobilt has one that goes where the cigarette lighter is

1724593617843.webp
 
SDHQ has a Switch-pros mount that goes under the headlight controls.
View attachment 39016

Or Motobilt has one that goes where the cigarette lighter is

View attachment 39017
Thank you those are both pretty slick

Edit I think Switch-Pros would be an easier install for me as it mounts on the passenger side where all of my current connections are.



 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back
Top