@WhiteBronze392 Build

These steel skid sets are heavy for sure. I ordered a complete Metalcloak Undercloak skid set including resonator and muffler skid, should come in at 224lbs.:eek:
But hey, I took the end caps odd the front bumper and the factory transfer case skidplate (if you can even call it that) so figure 35-40lbs saving there so will be in the 185-190lb range all in.

I'm around 280lbs myself so no matter what it's a heavy pig with me lol.
 
I figured I’d end up screwing something up trying to get it myself lol
Oh don't get me wrong, it will take me going to 10 stores and getting the wrong stuff several times and telling myself that I will return the wrongs ones and get my money back. Then I will throw them in a drawer and forget that I have them until I need the same exact ones and I'll forget that I have them and I go buy them again. I will be in at $100 before it's all said and done but I will still tell myself that I only paid $8 to do the conversion.
 
I hoard things thinking I'll need them later. After so many years, I pitch them, then as luck would have it, I need them the next week. Frustrating.
 
I hoard things thinking I'll need them later. After so many years, I pitch them, then as luck would have it, I need them the next week. Frustrating.
I have about everything...I just can't ever remember where I put it....
 
This one too

That’s pretty cool but I don’t think it will work with a warn winch plate as I remember it was very close tolerance. That said if you don’t have a winch it’s a no brainer. If someone has done this who has a winch please correct me. Thanks for the info that’s news you can use.
 
That’s pretty cool but I don’t think it will work with a warn winch plate as I remember it was very close tolerance. That said if you don’t have a winch it’s a no brainer. If someone has done this who has a winch please correct me. Thanks for the info that’s news you can use.
I have a winch and I have mine rotated. I had to notch the winch plate slightly on the Genright bumper. I had a warn plate with OEM bumper and you would probably need to do the same.
I would not see the benefit however unless you were planning on removing the OEM skid under the bumper that covers the motor and cutting off the frame “tusks” .This is required for the GR bumper and others hence the rotation.
 
Oh don't get me wrong, it will take me going to 10 stores and getting the wrong stuff several times and telling myself that I will return the wrongs ones and get my money back. Then I will throw them in a drawer and forget that I have them until I need the same exact ones and I'll forget that I have them and I go buy them again. I will be in at $100 before it's all said and done but I will still tell myself that I only paid $8 to do the conversion.
Exactly what I would have done 😂😂
 
Dropped her off last Thursday at the same shop that installed all of the RPM stuff to have the Artec skids installed but had just filled it up with gas and somehow I missed that you remove the OEM fuel tank skid with the Artec skids.

He ask me to bring it back to him with less than a 1/4 of a tank so dropping her off again tomorrow morning 🤣

I imagine I will either break even or lose weight with the Artec after removing the steel OEM skids. 🤔
 
Dropped her off last Thursday at the same shop that installed all of the RPM stuff to have the Artec skids installed but had just filled it up with gas and somehow I missed that you remove the OEM fuel tank skid with the Artec skids.

He ask me to bring it back to him with less than a 1/4 of a tank so dropping her off again tomorrow morning 🤣

I imagine I will either break even or lose weight with the Artec after removing the steel OEM skids. 🤔
That's kind of funny but more sad. I mean, what's the use in paying for aluminum to put it on top of metal?

I love Metalcloak but I went with Rusty's skids because metalcloak put there skid over the OEM fuel tank skid.

BTW, my MC rear bumper was just delivered. It is beefy and I like the looks. I decided to go with their front too since not a lot of people have them.
 
That's kind of funny but more sad. I mean, what's the use in paying for aluminum to put it on top of metal?

I love Metalcloak but I went with Rusty's skids because metalcloak put there skid over the OEM fuel tank skid.

BTW, my MC rear bumper was just delivered. It is beefy and I like the looks. I decided to go with their front too since not a lot of people have them.
Yeah I am glad that the Artec does not just go over the metal skids. In my initial research a saw several that did and some that didn’t and fuel level didn’t cross my mind lol.

Awesome! Can’t wait to see them installed!

Which front did you go with?
 
Last edited:
Yeah I am glad that the Artec does not just go over the metal skids. In my initial research a saw several that did and some that didn’t and fuel level didn’t cross my mind lol.

Awesome! Can’t wait to see them installed!

Which front did you go with?
I went with the MC with the Crawler Caps since I like the stubby look.
 
Eager to see the rear bumper. This is on my list but haven't ordered it yet.
The rear is what came in. Hopefully the front will be here next week.

I guess it's irrelevant until my Jeep gets out of the shop.
20240716_111253.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back
Top