@WhiteBronze392 Build

I’m a few bourbons away from ordering full Artec skids with the 15% off sale 🤣
IMG_3262.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I’ve been debating between MetalCloak skids vs the Artec ones. Weight difference is one big factor, MC design is solid and they also have the newly added resonator skid. What’s your thoughts and why chose Artec over others?
In my opinion it's all about weight vs height. On the Rubicon X, I may keep it stock on 35s so I used Artec so it wouldn't drop much. On the 392, I have plenty of height so I went with Rusty’s. The 392 also gets abused alot more so I think metal is better for it.
 
In my opinion it's all about weight vs height. On the Rubicon X, I may keep it stock on 35s so I used Artec so it wouldn't drop much. On the 392, I have plenty of height so I went with Rusty’s. The 392 also gets abused alot more so I think metal is better for it.
Agree Metal is better aluminum gouges and looks terrible afterwards . The weight is low . I do like MC s res skid
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1411.webp
    IMG_1411.webp
    97.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1413.webp
    IMG_1413.webp
    54.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1415.webp
    IMG_1415.webp
    43.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1416.webp
    IMG_1416.webp
    46.5 KB · Views: 56
I’ve been debating between MetalCloak skids vs the Artec ones. Weight difference is one big factor, MC design is solid and they also have the newly added resonator skid. What’s your thoughts and why chose Artec over others?

I went through this whole debate about a year ago and page 15 of this build thread with a whole spreadsheet comparison lol.
Ultimately for price and strength steel wins for sure. I ended up choosing aluminum for the weight and corrosion resistance as well as to match everything else I’ve done in aluminum. I also added the artec resonator skid to have a full belly pan.

I ordered the MORE steel oil/trans skid back then but never installed it and have still been debating since !
 
Last edited:
I went through this whole debate about a year ago months ago and page 15 of this build thread with a whole spreadsheet comparison lol.
Ultimately for price and strength steel wins for sure. I ended up choosing aluminum for the weight and corrosion resistance as well as to match everything else I’ve done in aluminum. I also added the artec resonator skid to have a full belly pan.

I ordered the MORE steel oil/trans skid back then but never installed it and have still been debating since !
Thanks and it definitely comes to personal preference and priorities.

Does Artec have resonator skid?
 
Do you mind posting a link? I don’t seem to be able to find it.

Do you mind posting a link? I don’t seem to be able to find it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back
Top