@WhiteBronze392 Build

Off topic it appears you have a Steersmart track bar brace can I ask does it rub coil spring or coil isolation pad or even steel mount on the axel at full stuff? Mine just touches 1st and second coil and metal cloaks isolation pad as well as spring perch. Axel moves forward just enough as control arms straighten within their radius. I only had 1 bump stop so I added a second and have not tried it out yet but a friend has same 3 1/2 lift with steersmart bracket and 3 MC bump stops and also rubs. His is a diesel with hydraulic bumpers .Thanks hi
My SteerSmarts kit is in and installing on Thursday. I actually cancelled the order for the Sector Shaft brace. My shop said its just not necessary on the 392. I only spoke to the Build Specialist so I will confirm with one of the mechanics. They are really good at letting me know if things are a "must have" or an "add it if you want"
 
Sooo (I think I’m gonna change the name of the thread to built by bourbon) I ordered the Genright AL flares after getting to see many up close at jeep beach I was sold. The quality is light years above the Motobilts I returned and very worthy of installing bare with no finish work on my part.

I have decided to forego installing the MORE skid I ordered long ago and opt for a full AL belly pan with Artec seeming to be my first choice (today anyway lol) over NVM for a couple of reasons.
Hopefully will be some good MEMORIAL day sales so that may be the deciding factor
 
Last edited:
Sooo (I think I’m gonna change the name of the thread to built by bourbon) I ordered the Genright AL flares after getting to see many up close at jeep beach I was sold. The finish quality is light years above the Motobilts I returned and very worthy of installing bare with no finish work on my part.

I have decided to forgo installing the MORE skid I ordered and go full AL belly pan with Artec seeming to be my first choice (today anyway lol) over NVM for a couple of reasons.
Hopefully will be some good MEMO day sales so that may be the selling factor
It feels good when you see something and you know without a doubt that it is what you want.

I was bourbon influenced on all my AMG builds. Dangerous game but oh so fun.
 
It feels good when you see something and you know without a doubt that it is what you want.

I was bourbon influenced on all my AMG builds. Dangerous game but oh so fun.
Yes very dangerous…..I need to block some websites 🤣
 
Finished installing GR fenders today. Fit and finish of the flares is top notch. I removed all of the AAL fender retention hardware, drilled out all rivnuts and replaced with the GR hardware and rivnuts. Time consuming but needed to be done. The AAL hardware is pretty good for OEM fenders but not so much anything else
IMG_3245.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Finished installing GR fenders today. Fit and finish of the flares is top notch. I removed all of the AAL fender retention hardware, drilled out all rivnuts and replaced with the GR hardware and rivnuts. Time consuming but needed to be done. The AAL hardware is pretty good for OEM fenders but not so much anything elseView attachment 35491

Dammit! I’ve really been kicking around adding the AAL inner fenders and doing a delete…

But those Genright fenders look badass!

Could you please post a pic looking down the side when you get a chance? I’m trying to avoid buying stuff twice! 😂
 
Dammit! I’ve really been kicking around adding the AAL inner fenders and doing a delete…

But those Genright fenders look badass!

Could you please post a pic looking down the side when you get a chance? I’m trying to avoid buying stuff twice! 😂
Thank you and lol will do. I am very happy with them for sure. I would suggest NOT doing what I did and making the decision and doing all at once if you want to replace fenders. It will be a much easier install and cheaper obviously.

If you do AAL (with OEM or aftermarket fenders) here is my suggestion. Go ahead and drill out and Rivnut all of the brackets that attach to the body to hold the inners to the body instead of using the screws.
 
Dammit! I’ve really been kicking around adding the AAL inner fenders and doing a delete…

But those Genright fenders look badass!

Could you please post a pic looking down the side when you get a chance? I’m trying to avoid buying stuff twice! 😂
Hope this helps let me know if you want something different. I am going to try to find a light to replace the blinker light. I have it wired to be only blinker right now but want one that’s marker and blinker.
IMG_3246.webp
IMG_3247.webp
IMG_3248.webp
IMG_3249.webp
IMG_3250.webp
IMG_3251.webp
 
Thanks so much! Your 392 is looking amazing, and those fenders look so clean on there.

I need to start doing some research and planning, but these pictures were a huge help!
 
Nice!
What size rivnuts did you use?

Jaws reference: We're gonna need a bigger garage.
🤣 They are 1/4-20 with stainless button head bolts and worked much better than the M6 AAL ones that seem prone to cross threading
 
I haven't installed my aal ones so maybe I should switch to 1/4-20 for the fenders.
During all of my fender exploits I really started to dislike the AAL hardware as it was very difficult to get started and threaded unless everything was arrow straight.
 
During all of my fender exploits I really started to dislike the AAL hardware as it was very difficult to get started and threaded unless everything was arrow straight.
No doubt you've done a lot of fender work to get what you want. Press on!

Quick question: do the 1/4-20s fit in fender body holes or did you have to drill them bigger?
 
No doubt you've done a lot of fender work to get what you want. Press on!

Quick question: do the 1/4-20s fit in fender body holes or did you have to drill them bigger?
I had to drill them larger for both the 1/4-20 GR and M6 AAL
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back
Top