@WhiteBronze392 Build

When you’ve had som mikes on the new springs, would love to get you impression of the ride quality. Does it feel stiffer, more responsive, more stable, ?
I’ve considered having both the Clayton performance coils and Hellwig sway bar (anti-roll bar). The on-road performance and handling should be much better.

Nope no spring clamp or anything like that required. I used a 3 ton 28” floor jack, 2 6 ton jack stands and a small 1.5 ton floor jack for lifting the axles (left the 3 ton on the frame on the side I was working for safety) . But you could definitely get by with the one.

The rear was more of a pain than the front and I thought it would be the opposite

The LCA were actually not bad at all. My Dewalt 1/2” battery impact pulled the bolts right out and I used it to tighten them. I already had a 250lb torque wrench so the 190 wasn’t too bad. The hardes part for me was getting them lined up. I ended up using a ratchet strap in the empty sway bar hole and a hole on the frame to pull the axle forward. I didn’t want to lift it any and make the caster any worse so that’s why I did it. I considered adjustable but right now unless you know or examine closely it looks OEM. Figured while I was there doing the work $70 bucks May as well. It does steer better or so it seemed on my shirt test drive to make sure nothing fell off lol
Thanks a lot for the answers!

I’ve considered having both the Clayton performance coils and Hellwig sway bar (anti-roll bar). The on-road performance and handling should be much better.
I have read a little about the sway bar but not enough any links or info you have?

I have read a little about the sway bar but not enough any links or info you have?

Thanks! if you are considering the Clayton Perf coils I would do that first as this may be redundant. It’s very tight with minim body roll with the coils. I was very shocked at the difference

Last edited:
Thanks! if you are considering the Clayton Perf coils I would do that first as this may be redundant. It’s very right with minim body roll with the coils. I was very shocked at the difference
Agreed. The Clayton performance coils removes the front sag for sure. Honestly my 392 XR drives so well so far and I’m getting used to it already.

I can imagine how amazing yours with this kit and the AWE exhaust! I normally do a lot of research and wanted to hear about others real life experience before I settle down with a mod. Enjoy yours and let us know if the new shocks will bring it to another level!

Nope no spring clamp or anything like that required. I used a 3 ton 28” floor jack, 2 6 ton jack stands and a small 1.5 ton floor jack for lifting the axles (left the 3 ton on the frame on the side I was working for safety) . But you could definitely get by with the one.

The rear was more of a pain than the front and I thought it would be the opposite

The LCA were actually not bad at all. My Dewalt 1/2” battery impact pulled the bolts right out and I used it to tighten them. I already had a 250lb torque wrench so the 190 wasn’t too bad. The hardes part for me was getting them lined up. I ended up using a ratchet strap in the empty sway bar hole and a hole on the frame to pull the axle forward. I didn’t want to lift it any and make the caster any worse so that’s why I did it. I considered adjustable but right now unless you know or examine closely it looks OEM. Figured while I was there doing the work $70 bucks May as well. It does steer better or so it seemed on my shirt test drive to make sure nothing fell off lol
Forgot to ask, did you need to disconnect the shocks or sway bar links? Since they may be the limiting factors.

Installed Clayton Performance Coils, Mopar LCA and MetalCloak bumps. Wow what a difference it’s handles much better. Stance is perfect for me now I hope it doesn’t settle much and it’s dead level now. Raised the front very close to 1 1/2” and the back about 1/2”. I forgot to measure and didn’t think about it until I had the front on jack stands so I am going by memory from the last time I measured.

Pro Eagle jack and warn winch weigh almost exactly the same (I hadn’t put the jack back in when I measured ) so if the inch drops it any the jack should offset it 🤞. Took me 5.5 hours start to finish with a few breaks sprinkled in. Very happy I did this thanks to all of you on the forum for helping me find them. I just ordered Fox DSC and ATS which should be it for me suspension wise for a while.

Most of the Baja Designs lights came in today I may start on them tomorrow if I can move lol.

Crappy pics but I was worn out and my little ones were getting restless for me to come play. I will get some better ones tomorrow.

Edit my wife just went downstairs and said what did you do to your jeep it looks taller. And if she noticed it definitely is lol
View attachment 19633View attachment 19634

Congrats on getting this done, looks great! I’m still waiting on shipping/delivery of my new shocks before getting mine done. The Clayton boxes are sitting on the garage floor and taunting me - Ha Ha. Curious, what made you decide to swap out the LCAs? Wouldn’t think it necessary without further lift and wondering what effect it has. What are part numbers for the new LCAs?

Forgot to ask, did you need to disconnect the shocks or sway bar links? Since they may be the limiting factors.
Yes shocks and sway bar links on front same on rear plus remove the e brake cable bracket and unbolt the brake line brackets near the calipers

Congrats on getting this done, looks great! I’m still waiting on shipping/delivery of my new shocks before getting mine done. The Clayton boxes are sitting on the garage floor and taunting me - Ha Ha. Curious, what made you decide to swap out the LCAs? Wouldn’t think it necessary without further lift and wondering what effect it has. What are part numbers for the new LCAs?
Thank you! I am definitely feeling it today lol. I almost waited on the shocks to do it all at once but I’m too impatient I had read about the LCA on here and the JL forums that they help steering as OEM caster is very low. They are apparently the LCA from the official Mopar 2” lift. I didn’t want to raise it any further and reduce caster so I figure these if anything would keep it about the same or better. Part # is 68322798AA and you need two.

You are going to love it! And with it raised a bit with the springs not only will the Fox perform but you will definitely be able to see them for some bling lol

Last edited:
Thank you! I am definitely feeling it today lol. I almost waited on the shocks to do it all at once but I’m too impatient I had read about the LCA on here and the JL forums that they help steering as OEM caster is very low. They are apparently the LCA from the official Mopar 2” lift. I didn’t want to raise it any and further and reduce caster so I figure these if anything would keep it the same. Part # is 68322798AA and you need two.

You are going to love it! And with it raised a bit with the springs not only will the Fox perform but you will definitely be able to see them for some bling lol

Cool, good to know. Yet another ”must have” mod purchase. . . Gotta love owing a Jeep!! 😁

Quite a bit of difference. The V6 without metal bumpers sits very low in the front. From what I read it’s even a different spring without the steel bumper. There is about 3” difference in the front The V6 is sold just waiting on my friend to pick it up
FB3A4391-C839-41B7-89BE-C7F423A0E2B1.jpeg
B9A8AE9D-A283-4D91-83F8-B6DDD7788E4F.jpeg
21A89907-44B9-4163-BB87-CEDA8378D972.jpeg

Last edited:
Installed the BD LP6 today I was going to do the squadron pillars as well but for the record the included bolts aren’t long enough so ordered a few different lengths of longer SS bolts. Also just have the amber back lights tied to aux 3 until I research where to tap. I’d rather leave them on a switch but I will eventually need all 4. I may also add some amber XL 80s to the inside of the LP6 like I saw on BD site.
B8B76DB8-5206-4411-8B56-4C004DCFFBB5.png
Still waiting on the amber fogs as apparently they just updated these so my guy ordered the update instead of the other model that was in stock.
D48390CA-ECE4-45A7-B80C-205458320708.jpeg
3421F195-8D4B-4DC0-922B-8632976D68B5.jpeg

I also pushed the off-road plus button for the first time while we were out running errands today and all I can say is holy smoke! Not sure what it sounded like with the OEM exhaust but with the AWE 🤤

Last edited:
Installed the BD LP6 today I was going to do the squadron pillars as well but for the record the included bolts aren’t long enough so ordered a few different lengths of longer SS bolts. Also just have the amber back lights tied to aux 3 until I research where to tap naciste I will eventually need all 4. I may also add some amber XL 80s to the inside of the LP6 like I saw on BD site.View attachment 19660 Still waiting on the amber fogs as apparently they just updated these so my guy ordered the update instead of the other model that was in stock.
View attachment 19661View attachment 19662

I also pushed the off-road plus button for the first time while we were out running errands today and all I can say is holy smoke! Not sure what it sounded like with the OEM exhaust but with the AWE 🤤
Your's and @Ted392's builds have given me so much inspiration. I like my 392 but would like to tweak a few things without going full blown rock crawler and both of you have had some great ideas.

Your's and @Ted392's builds have given me so much inspiration. I like my 392 but would like to tweak a few things without going full blown rock crawler and both of you have had some gre
Your's and @Ted392's builds have given me so much inspiration. I like my 392 but would like to tweak a few things without going full blown rock crawler and both of you have had some great ideas.
haha yes we seem to have similar thinking. This forum has definitely cost me some $$

Last edited:
Service bulletin or PSA: not sure the validity but it make sense to keep the rubber bushings in the LCA from always being in a bind I read that you should torque them when on the ground not on jack stands. So I loosened them then re torqued them. Just trying to save anyone doing this from having to torque to 190ftlbs twice lol

Last edited:
Mounted the BD S2 reverse lights this morning in an alternate location. The suggested location was right in line with the exhaust tips and hung down a little far for my liking. There were some existing bumper bolts where I mounted them but had to drill out the hole in the mount to enlarge them. I am going to to fab a pívot of some sorts to swing the trailer plugs down for use or relocate them. I rarely tow and when I do it’s borrowing a utility trailer to go short distances. I have not wired them yet trying to decide if I want them on an auxiliary switch or tied to the reverse lights.
EC35E615-63B6-46DC-AD17-FF91AE2EB5D5.jpeg

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back