@WhiteBronze392 Build

Keep up the good work. Suspension wise, I am thinking of following in your footsteps, just not quite sure if the Fox 2.5's with DSC's are needed in my case. Looking forward to your feedback on the different settings and the need for them. I have not heard any complaints about the DSC's but have heard reviews where people find the "right" setting and never change them again.
Thank you very much. I just put some miles on it and fiddled with the dials some. I started full stiff on low speed and full soft on high speed. (I like a firm ride) it was firm but not harsh at all. I ended up 3 clicks from firm on low speed and 4 clicks from soft on high speed. Body roll now is non existent. The combo of the shocks and springs make it feel very confidence inspiring let’s say planted is the best way to describe it. Almost like a 500hp go cart lol.
C12B0696-44DD-41F5-9C4C-1FB36B0894DE.jpeg
A6DBDD0E-51A7-4B7D-B65D-A05FF8D85853.jpeg
47BDE4C1-D992-4195-9C57-EAEDC75A44F3.jpeg
90703BF4-D91A-4BF6-9082-761373BF565F.webp
 
Last edited:
Agreed but so far I believe it achieves what I was looking for. I am happy with the overall height and especially now that IT IS LEVEL! I will let you know for sure about adding the shocks after some driving this weekend but I suspect it will be (y)

What I found interesting in this link https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-392-25-premium-lift-kit-2018-jl (good video BTW) is the Clayton 2.5" lift gives very close if not the same amount of lift (1") I am at now with just their performance coils. I am going to do some more measurements at each if his locations. He is also running Nitto 37's but on 7.5" wheels vs my 8.5" and RG vs TG but should be very a similar comparison.

Right now I am in just right at $3500 with shocks, bump stops, LCAs and Springs vs the Clayton 2.5" lift $3200 no shocks, no bump stops but with control arms, track bars, and sway bar links. I may reach out to Clayton just to see about $ to buy the control arms, track bars and sway bar links separately if I ever decide they are needed.

Obviously this equation doesn't work if you want to go 3.5" lift or more. I had to keep reminding myself that any advertised lift height a portion (approximately 1.5" it seems) of it gets swallowed up by the already higher stock height of the 392. Of all the company's I spoke with the only difference between a 392 specific lift was stiffer springs for the weight but lift was the same.
I agree with what you are doing here. Issue is, with the 392 being full-time 4 wheel drive... front drive shaft angle quickly becomes an issue with lift. Last thing I'd want is vibration from driveshaft and/or to worry about having to replace a driveshaft every 10,000 miles.
 
I agree with what you are doing here. Issue is, with the 392 being full-time 4 wheel drive... front drive shaft angle quickly becomes an issue with lift. Last thing I'd want is vibration from driveshaft and/or to worry about having to replace a driveshaft every 10,000 miles.
Thank you and yes the last thing I want also is to go over the edge and have any kind of self created issues.
 
Dang you @WhiteBronze392
The coils are creeping up my next mod list. I'm going off roading next weekend and that will problably cement my decision. Thanks,,,,I guess! Lol

Nice mods!
🤣🤣🤣 I told by friend to do the coils and shocks before tires and wheels because it made that much difference.

You are welcome I guess lol
Thank you!!! You too!
 
Dang you @WhiteBronze392
The coils are creeping up my next mod list. I'm going off roading next weekend and that will problably cement my decision. Thanks,,,,I guess! Lol

Nice mods!

Ted, how do you like those 2.5 shocks?
 
So far I really like them. This next weekend when I go off-roading, will confirm it. I got them from JKS, non reservoir. Longer stroke than factory. I think any good shocks and then new coils are the way to go.
 
Fox ATS arrived a few days earlier than expected so installed it today as well as the underground graphics hood and side vent vinyl. I went with matte black no outline. The hood went on pretty easy but screwed both sides up trying to get the perfect alignment. I ordered another set and plan on removing the vents to install. Also installed the door key covers from UG. May install the tailgate vinyl later today. After I change the oil and cut off the front brake line brackets 😬
1C3B4FC6-A7B6-4882-AD31-25B6ED33598C.jpeg
02190592-E4F6-4A18-A3B7-66F62D31C805.jpeg
6741003C-AEBA-4F7A-B10D-13E6FFA9EEDD.jpeg
39771881-EB73-4F1E-BBC8-9639B7FB6656.jpeg
 
Fox ATS arrived a few days earlier than expected so installed it today as well as the underground graphics hood and side vent vinyl. I went with matte black no outline. The hood went on pretty easy but screwed both sides up trying to get the perfect alignment. I ordered another set and plan on removing the vents to install. Also installed the door key covers from UG. May install the tailgate vinyl later today. After I change the oil and cut off the front brake line brackets 😬
View attachment 19973View attachment 19974View attachment 19975View attachment 19976
Headed to Underground Graphics in the next week or so for installation of some custom graphics. Greg and Michelle are great people.
 
Headed to Underground Graphics in the next week or so for installation of some custom graphics. Greg and Michelle are great people.
I wish I was close enough to do that! I have no problem turning wrenches but detail stuff like that I’m not fond of. I called a few places around to get some install prices and one only wanted me to let them do it with their vinyl and the other wanted $250 😳 figured I could mess up a few times for $250 🤣
 
I wish I was close enough to do that! I have no problem turning wrenches but detail stuff like that I’m not fond of. I called a few places around to get some install prices and one only wanted me to let them do it with their vinyl and the other wanted $250 😳 figured I could mess up a few times for $250 🤣
They are charging me about that for the install but I am HORRIBLE with that kind of work so it was an easy decision for me. Like you, I will turn wrenches but no way I’m screwing up the vinyl work.
 
I did my two layer hood graphic using the wet method where you use a very mild soapy solution when applying the material. You actually get a bit of time to slide the vinyl around to get it perfect. It was pretty easy.
 
I did my two layer hood graphic using the wet method where you use a very mild soapy solution when applying the material. You actually get a bit of time to slide the vinyl around to get it perfect. It was pretty easy.
Easy for some, hell for others!😂
 
I did my two layer hood graphic using the wet method where you use a very mild soapy solution when applying the material. You actually get a bit of time to slide the vinyl around to get it perfect. It was pretty easy.
I was thinking that was the method before I started as I have done that before but their install video said not to do that so I was afraid I would mess up the vinyl and it would never stick lol

I never got to the tailgate vinyl, removing brake line clamps or oil change for that matter as my daughter decided to come down to “help” me when I got back from my test drive so got sidetracked with her lol
 

Attachments

  • 4A52DEA2-3927-4C21-8FD7-84C14C4DDD8E.webp
    4A52DEA2-3927-4C21-8FD7-84C14C4DDD8E.webp
    154.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 7256921F-2652-409E-A0E5-69731AA64E20.webp
    7256921F-2652-409E-A0E5-69731AA64E20.webp
    145.8 KB · Views: 53
I was thinking that was the method before I started as I have done that before but their install video said not to do that so I was afraid I would mess up the vinyl and it would never stick lol

I never got to the tailgate vinyl, removing brake line clamps or oil change for that matter as my daughter decided to come down to “help” me when I got back from my test drive so got sidetracked with her lol
Kid and in my case, grandkids, have a way altering plans. Time with them is always more important than our hobbies. :)
 
Kid and in my case, grandkids, have a way altering plans. Time with them is always more important than our hobbies. :)
Absolutely 💯 she used a whole roll of painters tape, that I had used for holding the vinyl in place, to make whatever she was making around the garage but she was having so much fun I just let her go lol
 
I've heard great things about Underground Graphics but the prices have gone up a bit since I was looking. Right now they are showing $232 for the 392 graphic with gold outline. I bought mine from Pixeldecals and they show $89 for the same thing.
 
I've heard great things about Underground Graphics but the prices have gone up a bit since I was looking. Right now they are showing $232 for the 392 graphic with gold outline. I bought mine from Pixeldecals and they show $89 for the same thing.
Wow I had not heard of them is the quality the same? That’s almost 1/3 the cost
 
FWIW, my underground multi-part graphics came already assembled. I did not have to go through stacking multiple layers and getting them to line up perfect. Not sure that justifies the extra expense, but it's an advantage for sure.
 
FWIW, my underground multi-part graphics came already assembled. I did not have to go through stacking multiple layers and getting them to line up perfect. Not sure that justifies the extra expense, but it's an advantage for sure.
This is true. I had to apply the gold layer, wait for it to dry then apply the black layer.

IMG_8555.webp
IMG_8808.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back
Top