Ted392 Mods

Making me want to make a trip!
Nah Brent, you wouldn't like it! Lol

Actually book a trip when you can. Awesome adventure with friends and family.
20230803_133748.jpg

Today was trails east of Ridgway CO. We went about 10 miles on a Cow Creek Road to dead-end trail head. 2 river crossings and a lot of fun.

Then we went to Black Canyon National Park, very cool place and a highly recomened stop.

Zippy turned 9,000 miles today. Pack up tomorrow.

BTW, Never needed the rotopax and we did some long days. Better to have than not.

20230804_103639.jpg

20230804_112409.jpg

20230804_105805.jpg

20230804_110528.jpg

20230804_162142.jpg

20230804_083809.jpg

I've been super busy at work and have not driven the 392XR for several weeks. I did change the oil/filter after my CO trip though.

It's been one year, 10600 miles, with several off road adventures on dusty trails. So I changed out my engine air cleaner and cabin filter. Both noticeable dirty. The cabin filter is really "bad". Anyway thought I'd shared as a reminder about checking/changing them.
20230831_173955.jpg

I've been super busy at work and have not driven the 392XR for several weeks. I did change the oil/filter after my CO trip though.

It's been one year, 10600 miles, with several off road adventures on dusty trails. So I changed out my engine air cleaner and cabin filter. Both noticeable dirty. The cabin filter is really "bad". Anyway thought I'd shared as a reminder about checking/changing them.
View attachment 25475
Good info I swapped my cabin filter with only 6,000 miles but a decent amount of dusty trail rides

Attachments

• IMG_9356.jpeg
    IMG_9356.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 10
16.1 MPG...very impressive. I'm getting 12.7 :(
That was from interstate driving at 75 mph. It seems the avg mpg is a rolling average that is time based. On trails, I was well below 10. Around town with my lead foot I get 9-12 mpg.

I've been slacking on this. Since the week after Turkey day, I've been flat out traveling nonstop, 5 states in 4 weeks, plus I tweaked my back. Soon I'll start back at these mods.
Finish radio install.
Kill switch.
Tazer.
Replace front trackbar with adjustable one.
Front door windows tinted.
Rear shelf.

d

I've been slacking on this. Since the week after Turkey day, I've been flat out traveling nonstop, 5 states in 4 weeks, plus I tweaked my back. Soon I'll start back at these mods.
Finish radio install.
Kill switch.
Tazer.
Replace front trackbar with adjustable one.
Front door windows tinted.
Rear shelf.

Also multiple road trips starting to be planned for '23: MI, CO, UT, ID, OR.
Did your front end shift? Which trackbar did you go with?

Yes, both my front and rear shifted. I bought JKS track bars for both locations centered the axles with ease.

Can I ask if you got much caster change with the lower control arms?
I did not check the caster because the Mopar longer lca's should have been standard. And every post I read with people checking caster, these put them in the green.

I did notice a bit better control in steering after changing them.

I'm very happy with how this 392 goes down the roads with and without loads.

So I thought I would start a mod thread for my 2022 392XR Sting Gray, aka Zippy.
View attachment 6941

I have done a few small and simple mods to date since it arrive in mid Aug.

Installed the Redline hood strut lift kit. Nice setup. The cutting is unfortunate but required. That hood is heavy and the prop rod gets hot so this kit helped me a lot.
View attachment 6942

Dead pedal, a knock of one, just to try. Easy install and adjustable.
View attachment 6946

Mopar/Jeep tailgate table. Very useful for all sorts of reasons, mostly food!
View attachment 6949

Mopar longer lower front LCA's.

Fox adjustable ATS steering stabilizer. Another easy install. Mind the carriage bolt change (6510774AA)
View attachment 6947View attachment 6948
Weather Tech mud flaps, all 4. Mostly for protection against self inflicted rock wounds.

Bullet-point mounts, both, for phone and Go-pro. I reused the tray liner by drilling a hole at each to slip over the mount. Added some extra 3m tape to secure ends down.
View attachment 6965
View attachment 6969

Hotheads headliner and panels pads for the SOT. Pretty easy install.
View attachment 6970

Next up is:
Warn VR EVO 10s winch with Warn plate and Factor55 flat link.
Full ppf wrap and ceramic coating
Ceramic tint for front door glass
Rock Slide Step sliders/LOD Destroyers
Engine/Transmission skid plate, maybe MORE?
Paint muffler black
So Zippy, great idea on the cable guards for winch. I am about to put the same winch on mine And will do that too. But have a question-what is the “winch solenoid‘? I’ve been watching videos of installs to get ready to do mine and haven’t seen anything about that on the Evo 10 s. I understood you just wired direct to pos/neg post. Thx and very helpful post. Gonna get the mudflaps too.

So Zippy, great idea on the cable guards for winch. I am about to put the same winch on mine And will do that too. But have a question-what is the “winch solenoid‘? I’ve been watching videos of installs to get ready to do mine and haven’t seen anything about that on the Evo 10 s. I understood you just wired direct to pos/neg post. Thx and very helpful post. Gonna get the mudflaps too.
Warn makes a solenoid kit that places a power relay between battery positive and winch motor. It allows the winch to be isolated from battery power until you are ready to use it. I used an Aux switch to power relay coil.

Screenshot_20231123_181921_Chrome.jpg

20220920_194236.jpg

Zippy what is solenoid for? Not seen that on online installs?

Back