🛠️ What did you do to your Jeep 392 today?

I installed some cheap hood locks to slow down the car thieves. I guess we need a multi-layer security system to thwart them. I never thought I'd ever think about using a "Club" again.
 
Looks so much better!!! keep us updated on how it handles the summer heat.
The temps were in the 90's recently and this static tint is holding up just fine on my half-door front windows. I'm calling this hack a success. HA!
1783362471065.webp

1783362500944.webp
 
Will be trying this one soon. What did you use to make the pattern for cutting the tint?
I was just winging it. I roughly measured the window size and cut out a piece. I applied it and carefully trimmed around it with a pair of scissors. You can easily peel it off, trim and reapply as much as you need. I brought the windows in the house and laid it on a table. Easier to work with it that way.

I did use a spray bottle of just water to help apply it and a squeegee.There is plenty in the role for a few mistakes like I made. Plus, its only like $14 for a roll and I still have some left over. It may not look great day one, but it gets better as it dries. I have opened the window (to the inside) while driving and the tint stays on just fine.
 
I spoke with RSE and they recommended satin black rustoleum touch up paint……it matched mine perfectly
Satin black spray paint didn’t match for me but textured black can did. Also, RSE have sent me a can that they use.
 
Finally got around to updating my first gen NoLimitz module today.
 
They look really nice with your color! I might pick up a set too. Looks like they also sell a piece for the tailgate.
Thanks! I'm debating the tailgate piece... Let me know if you decide on it and what you think.
 
Wanted to put a Terraflex tire carrier on my 20th A 392 Rubicon, but they all left the factory with the Mopar swing gate air compressor installed. That compressor is mounted inside the oem tire carrier, and I don't feel like relocating it so no Terraflex.

I went looking for 3rd brake light mounting options similar to Terraflex and found a 3d print file here. I don't own a 3d printer, so i bought a printed mount from it's designer for $20 usd. Ordered it here, received it in 4 days.

Took 30 minutes to install, didn't have to remove the spare. Looks oem, and it's printed in weather resistant ASA plastic with chopped carbon fibers. (acrylonitrile styrene acrylate)

20260725_180216.webp
 
how do u like the kicker subwoofer ,i just installed mine ,im just having a hard time setting the gain,as tha amp is built in, i cant use a scope
I love the single 12” squared subwoofer. Definitely check the polarity check on all the speakers including the subwoofer…..even though I had the sub hooked up correctly it was out of phase with all of the other speakers. I just did a search on AI regarding setting up my exact amp set up and I also installed a bass knob in the drivers knee panel. Here is the polarity device that I bought.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0844.webp
    IMG_0844.webp
    115.8 KB · Views: 11
I love the single 12” squared subwoofer. Definitely check the polarity check on all the speakers including the subwoofer…..even though I had the sub hooked up correctly it was out of phase with all of the other speakers. I just did a search on AI regarding setting up my exact amp set up and I also installed a bass knob in the drivers knee panel. Here is the polarity device that I bought.
i also had to flip the phase button ,it was out of phase i bough a 14 cheap polartity tester on amazon, yea i put the bass knob in the driver knee panel ,i took the bass knob apart and only the knob shows, im more interested where u set the gain knob ,mine is just under halfway ,i set it at volume 28 ,with a negative 10 db 40 hz test trak ,but im not 100 percent sure if its clipping or not ,the best way to set gain is with a scope ,but u cant because the amp is built in. i have the same exact sub the kicker 12 inch square .
 
Last edited:
i also had to flip the phase button ,it was out of phase i bough a 14 cheap polartity tester on amazon, yea i put the bass knob in the driver knee panel ,i took the bass knob apart and only the knob shows, im more interested where u set the gain knob ,mine is just under halfway ,i set it at volume 28 ,with a negative 10 db 40 hz test trak ,but im not 100 percent sure if its clipping or not ,the best way to set gain is with a scope ,but u cant because the amp is built in. i have the same exact sub the kicker 12 inch square .

This is what I set my Kicker CXA 800.1 mono amp to for the sub
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8953.webp
    IMG_8953.webp
    115.8 KB · Views: 11
First oil change, filter location is dumb….

Also put top & doors back on so I could drive it a bit more. Wifey doesn’t like the wind.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top