๐Ÿ› ๏ธ What did you do to your Jeep 392 today?

Heading to the beach soon so I finally got around to installing the full set of Armorlite flooring. If I were to do this again I would definitely remove the front seats from the Jeep. Rear seat is much easier to work around. Hoping for a little better sound and temp insulation along with the much easier clean up. We'll see how well it works out.
When I did this install, it took me less than 10 mins to decide "yeah, those seats are coming out" haha. I can't imagine leaving them in. Good on you though and hopefully you're enjoying it. I love it. If you have the Kraken air system under the passenger seat WITH the bluetooth control module, be careful. That module is going to hit the horizontal cross bar of the passenger seat as you move the seat forward and back. You'll need seat jackers on the the passenger seat to clear it. The Armorlite is thicker than the factory carpet.
 
When I did this install, it took me less than 10 mins to decide "yeah, those seats are coming out" haha. I can't imagine leaving them in. Good on you though and hopefully you're enjoying it. I love it. If you have the Kraken air system under the passenger seat WITH the bluetooth control module, be careful. That module is going to hit the horizontal cross bar of the passenger seat. You'll need seat jackers on the the passenger seat to clear it. The Armorlite is thicker than the factory carpet.
I did unbolt them, but definitely should've of just pulled them out. Floor is definitely an improvement over the carpet for sure!
 
I did unbolt them, but definitely should've of just pulled them out. Floor is definitely an improvement over the carpet for sure!
I was paranoid about the airbags in the seat going off if I left them in and kept pushing them forward and back. I had the battery disconnected, and the seat cable disconnected but still, freaked me out.
 
I was paranoid about the airbags in the seat going off if I left them in and kept pushing them forward and back. I had the battery disconnected, and the seat cable disconnected but still, freaked me out.
๐Ÿคฏ boom๐Ÿป
 
This past few weekends' projects: Ditch the door nets on my half-doors. Now they match my full doors with the Unofficial Use Only door pockets. Fairly easy project.

Plus, swapped out the passenger key lock with a new one I keyed to match my Jeep key. (I was lazy and just did the drivers door lock when I first got the half-doors painted.)

1788281870054.webp

1788281923440.webp

1788282276055.webp
 
Project Two: Just in case a guy wants to pull a small camper/trailer with electric brakes. I installed new OEM trailer brake controller. Installation was not too hard of a job with the right tools and some patience. I went out to my camper in storage to test the controller and it works just fine. (My 25ft camper is too big, but we've looked at some under 3,500 pounds.)

I wanted to keep my 12V outlet nearby, without drilling a hole in the dash somewhere. I bent and welded up this bracket to hold the outlet. I built a pigtail extension so I could have it reach the driver's side footwell. It turned out great. Super solid and easy access while driving. You barely see it and its not in the way at all.
1788282940650.webp

1788282964847.webp

1788282990154.webp


1788283013844.webp


1788283051324.webp

1788283072347.webp
 
Project 3: Replace my Windshield Defense from Racing Optics.
We are headed to the Jeep Jamboree at the end of September, and I wanted a fresh full 3-layers. Its an 800-mile drive to Ouray, Colorado. It saved our windshield in the past, so I will always have one.

I peeled off the remaining two layers and recruited my family to help install the new one. Again, a fairly straightforward process if you get everything clean and follow the procedures. Almost ready for the Jamboree. โœŒ๏ธ
1788283593341.webp

1788283613217.webp

1788283624843.webp

1788283651291.webp
 
so arms and all are in and doing geometry/clearance checks:
Need to push the axle forward about an inch, but I donโ€™t think I could have measured that any better for shock/bump combo, I could have prob gone with a longer front shock but im using all of its travel and id prob run into more geometry issues at full drop with the springs hitting the bumps and all.

IMG_3320.webpIMG_3325.webpIMG_3321.webpIMG_3315 2.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3315.webp
    IMG_3315.webp
    268.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3324.webp
    IMG_3324.webp
    145.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3322.webp
    IMG_3322.webp
    122.8 KB · Views: 19
Finally found a oem-looking dash cam with 4K. Didn't buy the rear camera option.

Not cheap, but I needed something that didn't take up windshield real estate (invisible to the driver), wires right into the mirror, and was placed in the middle of the windshield because I use for trail rides too.

$180 w/sd card, Installed in about 5 minutes if just the front camera.

Fitcamx.com

IMG_0229(1).webpIMG_0227(1).webpIMG_0228(1).webp
 
Finally found a oem-looking dash cam with 4K. Didn't buy the rear camera option.

Not cheap, but I needed something that didn't take up windshield real estate (invisible to the driver), wires right into the mirror, and was placed in the middle of the windshield because I use for trail rides too.

$180 w/sd card, Installed in about 5 minutes if just the front camera.

Fitcamx.com

View attachment 56596View attachment 56597View attachment 56598
That is a clean install. I have been considering a dash cam. Which one is this? Link?
 
Installed a BlackVue DR770X front camera (skipped the rear setup). The install was a straightforward DIYโ€”I routed the cabling down to the spare passenger footwell wiring bundled next to the four AUX connections for continuous recording with ignition on or off. The package is very compact, unobtrusive, and delivers crisp video with intuitive software for managing clips.


IMG_0266.webp
 
Well I could have totally gone with the next size up for shocks.

I have like zero room more for up travel, kinda hard to see but the track bar is just about at its max before hitting the exhaust, and I have no more room on the sway bar on passenger side cus of the track bar reinforcement bracket and still have like 2.5" left of travel on the shocks.

so ill have to do those stupid shock ext brackets to get the full use of my shocks.

I have 3/4" sway bar drop spacers to help out but really not a full solution and I could ditch both of the axle and frame side track bar brackets but it wouldn't really gain me more than like an inch more up.

We really are cursed on up travel over all
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3346 2.webp
    IMG_3346 2.webp
    81.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3344.webp
    IMG_3344.webp
    133 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3341.webp
    IMG_3341.webp
    140.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Picked her up last Friday. I put a few more small Easter eggs on her. These are all really small, an inch and the flower is an inch and a half. The flower is for my totaled Rubicon X. The flying cow is because of the meme showing how a cow is more aerodynamic than a Wrangler. My cow flies
๐Ÿ™‚
The little girl walking the Triceratops is for Jurassic Park (and it's my favorite dinosaur). The "Rock On" Sasquatch because...well, I mean... Rock On. And then a little alien flipping off everyone behind me. If you get close enough to be able to see that--you probably deserve it
๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The driver's side mirror now reads "Objects in the mirror appear to be losing" but it's impossible to get a good shot of it.

I need to get some side steps on her, but I'm not sure if the 2026 steps will fit the 2027. Didn't they do some weird thing on the side to help them stop from rolling? Does the step still fit?

Also want to put some kind of sun protection on the plastic tire flares.



1788783903303.webp
1788783967329.webp
1788783986047.webp
1788784014215.webp
1788784035848.webp
 
Full doors back on. Hard top will go back on with the Sunrider top. Installed the MEK Magnet trail armor. First time using it. Interesting stuff. We'll see how much flies off doing 80mph on the Interstate. Trying it for the upcoming Colorado trip.

1788823140018.webp
 
I did full Armorlite, but also did sound deadening.

The comparison between Armorlite and the OE carpet is substantial - not just the thickness/toughness of the main surface, but the backing is very thick, almost like Rockwool insulation.

It definitely helps with the road noise, but now I'm just more aware of how much wind noise there is across the flat windshield and the roof.

All that said - I'd definitely do the Armorlite again. Beyond the noise deadening it provides, it's an awesome product and so easy to take care of. And this from a guy who normally prefers the plushiness of carpet.
Hi, saw your post and was wondering what specific items i need to install armor lite flooring? Do i need to remove the seats and carpet?
 
Picked her up last Friday. I put a few more small Easter eggs on her. These are all really small, an inch and the flower is an inch and a half. The flower is for my totaled Rubicon X. The flying cow is because of the meme showing how a cow is more aerodynamic than a Wrangler. My cow flies
๐Ÿ™‚
The little girl walking the Triceratops is for Jurassic Park (and it's my favorite dinosaur). The "Rock On" Sasquatch because...well, I mean... Rock On. And then a little alien flipping off everyone behind me. If you get close enough to be able to see that--you probably deserve it
๐Ÿ˜ƒ

The driver's side mirror now reads "Objects in the mirror appear to be losing" but it's impossible to get a good shot of it.

I need to get some side steps on her, but I'm not sure if the 2026 steps will fit the 2027. Didn't they do some weird thing on the side to help them stop from rolling? Does the step still fit?

Also want to put some kind of sun protection on the plastic tire flares.



View attachment 56641View attachment 56642View attachment 56643View attachment 56644View attachment 56645
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1500.webp
    IMG_1500.webp
    70.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1502.webp
    IMG_1502.webp
    69.2 KB · Views: 16

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top