No more XR Package for order…

So I got the call this afternoon as well. Exactly as others said above, they said I can either have my 392 built as a 2022 without the XR package or wait until "projected" timing of 3rd quarter to have it built as a 2023 with the XR package.
 
So I got the call this afternoon as well. Exactly as others said above, they said I can either have my 392 built as a 2022 without the XR package or wait until "projected" timing of 3rd quarter to have it built as a 2023 with the XR package.
Did they mention what it would cost?
 
Did they mention what it would cost?


My deal with the dealer is fully negotiated and price protected. They said the price protection would stay intact if I opted to wait for the 2023. They were very vague/sketchy on the other details. I asked about what other changes that might cause with any other options, and what about changes tied to the overall change in model year. They danced around that and just kept coming back to the core question of whether I would be willing to give up the XR package and have it built as a 2022. I asked why they weren't communicating with and through my dealer and they simply said, "we're all one team." I dont think my dealer knows anything about this. My dealer contact is off today, but I have a message into him to call me tomorrow.
 
My deal with the dealer is fully negotiated and price protected. They said the price protection would stay intact if I opted to wait for the 2023. They were very vague/sketchy on the other details. I asked about what other changes that might cause with any other options, and what about changes tied to the overall change in model year. They danced around that and just kept coming back to the core question of whether I would be willing to give up the XR package and have it built as a 2022. I asked why they weren't communicating with and through my dealer and they simply said, "we're all one team." I dont think my dealer knows anything about this. My dealer contact is off today, but I have a message into him to call me tomorrow.
When did you order?
 
I read on Facebook that customers are getting calls to drop the XR or wait till 23. Also that all 392 orders are shut down.
 
I read on Facebook that customers are getting calls to drop the XR or wait till 23. Also that all 392 orders are shut down.
yeah they not even listing 392 engine type on jeep searches anymore and I saw the same comment on facebook post as well that you cant order 392 any more … truth or glitch ?
 
I would take the 22! What if they decide to pull the plug on the 23? I mean stop making them altogether.
 
I would take the 22! What if they decide to pull the plug on the 23? I mean stop making them altogether.
I probably would too. As someone else said, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

You could always sell it and order a 23 XR or just make your own XR. Nothing really magic about the factory package, except the 4.56 gears are wicked fast.

I will likely order a 23 if they do something extra special with it.
 
yeah they not even listing 392 engine type on jeep searches anymore and I saw the same comment on facebook post as well that you cant order 392 any more … truth or glitch ?
checking again and now i can see at least the 6.4 listed in engine type on the jeep search … which would not have made sense to stop the search for existing inventory… so not sure how true the rumor is on “you can no longer order “
 
So essentially, supply shortage was greater than projected when they stopped taking XR orders before mid-February…. So they’re rolling back and notifying customers that the order can’t be completed as spec’d. That’s nothing new nor unique to Jeep. All that it is, is just that - notifying customers the order needs to be changed, or, they are essentially opting out of their order and “when” ‘23 banks open, it will be resubmitted. Remember, that was fourth quarter for MY’22 and production didn’t start until the end of December. Supply chain issues aren’t improving at any sort of quick rate and you‘re probably looking at Feb/March delivery - so it begs the question: is the Xtreme Recon package worth the wait? Especially with no guarantee it will even normalize in production by the end of the year.

I’d say to anyone in that February window: keep the order. It’s simple enough to re-gear, and simpler yet to add 35’s or even 37’s

Believe me… the long wait sucks. Why make it longer?
 
So essentially, supply shortage was greater than projected when they stopped taking XR orders before mid-February…. So they’re rolling back and notifying customers that the order can’t be completed as spec’d. That’s nothing new nor unique to Jeep. All that it is, is just that - notifying customers the order needs to be changed, or, they are essentially opting out of their order and “when” ‘23 banks open, it will be resubmitted. Remember, that was fourth quarter for MY’22 and production didn’t start until the end of December. Supply chain issues aren’t improving at any sort of quick rate and you‘re probably looking at Feb/March delivery - so it begs the question: is the Xtreme Recon package worth the wait? Especially with no guarantee it will even normalize in production by the end of the year.

I’d say to anyone in that February window: keep the order. It’s simple enough to re-gear, and simpler yet to add 35’s or even 37’s

Believe me… the long wait sucks. Why make it longer?I’m sure glad I ordered when i did.
 
So essentially, supply shortage was greater than projected when they stopped taking XR orders before mid-February…. So they’re rolling back and notifying customers that the order can’t be completed as spec’d. That’s nothing new nor unique to Jeep. All that it is, is just that - notifying customers the order needs to be changed, or, they are essentially opting out of their order and “when” ‘23 banks open, it will be resubmitted. Remember, that was fourth quarter for MY’22 and production didn’t start until the end of December. Supply chain issues aren’t improving at any sort of quick rate and you‘re probably looking at Feb/March delivery - so it begs the question: is the Xtreme Recon package worth the wait? Especially with no guarantee it will even normalize in production by the end of the year.

I’d say to anyone in that February window: keep the order. It’s simple enough to re-gear, and simpler yet to add 35’s or even 37’s

Believe me… the long wait sucks. Why make it longer?


I hear you. The one thing that has me on the fence on possibly waiting for the 23MY beyond that I want the XR package is whatever other changes they MIGHT make in the base 23 options. I'm particularly thinking if they upgrade to Uconnect 5 it might be worth it to me. I had Uconnect 4 in my 2019 Ram 1500 and just got a 22 1500 with Uconnect 5. I like it a lot better. No way to answer that of course until they announce 23MY changes (if any).
 
I hope they didn’t shut down all. I just got my VON 2 days ago. I’m ok with the nonXR for now. I just want something. @hardhat I plan on doing what you said when they roll out the ‘23s, but like others alluded to, who knows what 23 will bring. I just want a 22 392 for now so I have it.

I don’t think there’s a right answer here. It depends. I’m getting a good chunk off MSRP with my dealer so I’m ok with getting now and selling/trading next year if it comes to that. If I wasn’t getting much off (and hypothetically had my order in for XR), I‘d seriously consider just waiting and having it just be a once and done purchase on a 23XR. There’s just that little unknown about what they‘ll do with the 23. Argh.

I mean, even if it’s not a 20th anniversary edition, I think it’s cool to even just have any Rubi in 23 since it’s 20 years out.

I just looked on Jeep’s site. Up until today, there was a slider to go between 2021 MY and 2022 MY. That’s gone now and only 2022 is up as an option. Not that that matters to what we’re talking about as far as I can tell, but it is a change as of today (I’ve been on the site a lot lately since my order just went in on Wednesday).

I just went through a steaming pile and a half of BS with Bronco orders for the last year or two. I don’t need it with this. 😆
 
Last edited:
That would be a tough call for sure. My Fire Cracker Red XR was ordered on 2/10/22. I haven’t received a call from any Jeep rep. I would probably wait for the 23’ XR if given the option. I really like the idea of a factory warranty on the whole enchilada.
 
Yes, I heard today the order banks have closed for the 2022 392.

With the pending 20th anniversary of the Rubicon package next year I am confident the 392 will return.

Jeep most likely hit its 392 build target for 2022 and does not want to upset customers like Ford has done with the Raptor. Ford is still building 2021 models in the 2022 model year. Ford simply took more 2021 orders than they could fulfill and pissed off a lot of Raptor buyers.
 
Heh, they pissed off more than just Raptor buyers (Maybe you just meant Bronco buyers).

Damn, if that’s true, I seriously got my order in JUST in the nick of time.…hopefully. I have a VON, but would feel much better with a VIN under my belt. Heh.

That’s nustso if they’re done with 22 orders at the end of April. I mean, I get it due to how messed things are with supply issues and what not, but damn.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top