Long LCA install

Before I bought my ‘26 Moab I test drove a ‘23 Rubicon 392 that appeared to have a slight lift, 37”, and Core4x4 LCAs. I don’t know if they were Cruise, Camp, or Crawl versions. That Jeep drove exceptionally well. I was not sure why it drove so well at the time, but it was in a whole different league than the ‘23 Sahara 4xe I had at the time. Looking back, I’ll bet most of it was due to the LCAs. Fast forward to my current Moab, and it does drive better than my old 4xe, but not like that Rubicon.

Do you think the Core4x4 LCAs are that much better than the Mopar LCAs? The Core4x4 have an adjustment at one end.

I am leaning towards the Camp version, at $350 for the front set. Cruise is $100 less and Crawl is $100 more. Camp have a Johnny Joint at one end and a Poly Bushing at the other.

I get that the Mopar are $50, but buy once cry once.

Thoughts?
Bottom line is what do you expect to do with it, are you lifting? On road, off road, rocks, desert, mall crawler or what.
For me my 25FE is considered a road warrior, it will never see Moab or the Rubicon trail, it will visit lowes or Home depot and might hit the sands of White Sands in NM but that's it. And if Jeep ever releases a a real desert rated Mojave Wrangler with a 392 I will be first in line, this is just what I enjoy.

My priorities are good tracking, higher speed interstate driving and road trip and the best handling and longevity I can achieve.
So for me the Mopar Performance LCA's are the best bang for the buck and did a great job for me. Anything else for me would be a waste of money. I would have gone with another LCA option if I was planning on going to larger tires and a lift.

I have had a 15 Sahara, a 18 JLUR and now the 25FE with performance LCA's and so far it easily outperforms the others. I am sure Jeep engineers took all of this into consideration when creating the performance LCA's and as I have been told by my local Jeep dealer listed as the part # for 2026 Rubicon Wrangler/Gladiator so it appears Jeep has seen the advantages of these arms.
 
Before I bought my ‘26 Moab I test drove a ‘23 Rubicon 392 that appeared to have a slight lift, 37”, and Core4x4 LCAs. I don’t know if they were Cruise, Camp, or Crawl versions. That Jeep drove exceptionally well. I was not sure why it drove so well at the time, but it was in a whole different league than the ‘23 Sahara 4xe I had at the time. Looking back, I’ll bet most of it was due to the LCAs. Fast forward to my current Moab, and it does drive better than my old 4xe, but not like that Rubicon.

Do you think the Core4x4 LCAs are that much better than the Mopar LCAs? The Core4x4 have an adjustment at one end.

I am leaning towards the Camp version, at $350 for the front set. Cruise is $100 less and Crawl is $100 more. Camp have a Johnny Joint at one end and a Poly Bushing at the other.

I get that the Mopar are $50, but buy once cry once.

Thoughts?

Here are photos of the test drive ride. The dealer did not want to negotiate and it ended up wholesaled off to Atlanta from Austin. It started life in central Louisiana.


View attachment 57125


View attachment 57126


View attachment 57124
I've run these on my last two JLs: https://teraflex.com/jl-jt-alpine-short-control-arm-kit-front-lower-0-4-5-lift.html
 
My plans are a medium trail capable rig. 37s are probably the largest I would run. It still needs to be daily driver capable (one to two days a week). I doubt this will ever be a true hard core rock crawler, I can build one of those from a scrambler project. In the end it won’t be a mall crawler but it won’t be a dedicated trail rig. Something in the middle.
 
Bottom line is what do you expect to do with it, are you lifting? On road, off road, rocks, desert, mall crawler or what.
For me my 25FE is considered a road warrior, it will never see Moab or the Rubicon trail, it will visit lowes or Home depot and might hit the sands of White Sands in NM but that's it. And if Jeep ever releases a a real desert rated Mojave Wrangler with a 392 I will be first in line, this is just what I enjoy.

My priorities are good tracking, higher speed interstate driving and road trip and the best handling and longevity I can achieve.
So for me the Mopar Performance LCA's are the best bang for the buck and did a great job for me. Anything else for me would be a waste of money. I would have gone with another LCA option if I was planning on going to larger tires and a lift.

I have had a 15 Sahara, a 18 JLUR and now the 25FE with performance LCA's and so far it easily outperforms the others. I am sure Jeep engineers took all of this into consideration when creating the performance LCA's and as I have been told by my local Jeep dealer listed as the part # for 2026 Rubicon Wrangler/Gladiator so it appears Jeep has seen the advantages of these arms.
So the the 2026 Moabs came with the shorter control arms or longer?
 
So the the 2026 Moabs came with the shorter control arms or longer?
As I understand it from the parts consultant at my dealership the Rubicon series of the Wrangler and Gladiator have the longer arms in 2026 depending on the build date. You can easily check this on your Wrangler: look on the inside of the arms near the rear if you see part no: 68322798AA anything else and you have the standard length LCA.
 
New you could do it!!! And you got to 6* lucky man! No vibrations? If not Beautiful! Do you have of pics of your jeep showing your actual stock height? I couldn’t get more than 5.5 but my 392 always sat high from the factory, just curious.
Here you go, after installation, I had measured both front and rear wheel wells were exactly 41" from the ground and they still are.

Here's some pics:
 

Attachments

  • front.webp
    front.webp
    158.7 KB · Views: 0
  • profile.webp
    profile.webp
    253.3 KB · Views: 0
  • rear.webp
    rear.webp
    146.9 KB · Views: 0

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top