How do they get stolen?

Fast&Furious

Reaction score
Not sure about the “over the gas peddle” location, re leg interference. My TRX plug is mounted a bit like that, but over on the left side, so not an issue. Having both (on my 392 and TRX) I personally prefer the 392 flush mounting, just for esthetic reasons. I asked my installer on the Jeep and he said he could do it either way, but all over on the left side. I opt’ed for the flush mount and it’s been flawless in every respect.
Good to know, thanks for the insight! Funny that I was actually reading through the Ravelco thread on the TRX forum: https://www.ram-trx.com/threads/ravelco-thread.7170/page-28

Fast&Furious

Reaction score
Yes Chuck did my install he is an A+ installer and guy. His insight is amazing to all situations we have discussed in this thread. He did the install in 4 hours and it is amazing. You cannot even tell he was inside the Jeep no matter how hard you look. I can't say enough good things about him and his work. You won't go wrong if you have him do your work. He came from VA to Ct to do mine and a buddys TRX on the same day.
So I contacted Chuck again to schedule an appointment after deciding to get Ravelco installed on my rig. Apparently they've increase the cost since March and require cash only now. He sent me a picture of the Tucked Mount too. @Noway for your reference:
1663502376432.png

@Ct_Formula did you get two plugs? And any usage issue for far? One possible concern I have is if by any chance the mounted end gets damaged, I may not be able to insert the plug and end up with not being able to start the rig...

Jgc650i

Reaction score
Current Rides
2022 Jeep 392 XR, 2022 Ram 1500 Limited
So I contacted Chuck again to schedule an appointment after deciding to get Ravelco installed on my rig. Apparently they've increase the cost since March and require cash only now. He sent me a picture of the Tucked Mount too. @Noway for your reference:
View attachment 7037
@Ct_Formula did you get two plugs? And any usage issue for far? One possible concern I have is if by any chance the mounted end gets damaged, I may not be able to insert the plug and end up with not being able to start the rig...

Chuck did my install as well. Can't say enough good things about him and my experience, he's awesome. He did both my 392 and my Ram 1500 Limited. He installed the plug on mine on the right side exactly as shown in your pic and recommended against the flush mount on the left side. On my Ram it's mounted tucked under dash on left side. I actually like the way its mounted on the 392 better. Can't really see it unless your hunched down looking for it and it's a much easier grab when you're sitting in the seat. Where it is on my Ram I find it a little more challenging to reach so I do it before/after I get in the seat.

Fast&Furious

Reaction score
Chuck did my install as well. Can't say enough good things about him and my experience, he's awesome. He did both my 392 and my Ram 1500 Limited. He installed the plug on mine on the right side exactly as shown in your pic and recommended against the flush mount on the left side. On my Ram it's mounted tucked under dash on left side. I actually like the way its mounted on the 392 better. Can't really see it unless your hunched down looking for it and it's a much easier grab when you're sitting in the seat. Where it is on my Ram I find it a little more challenging to reach so I do it before/after I get in the seat.
Thanks for sharing your experience! It’s amazing they install so many a year for so many car owners across the east coast. At one point I started thinking that when I go to the PA annual inspection, I’ll have to hand over the plug with my key fob to the dealership or I’ll have to leave the plug inserted and if by any chance they lost the plug I’ll be screwed.

Electrified

Reaction score
Current Rides
2022 392 XR, 2015 Ford F250 4-Door, 4-Wheel Drive, 6.7l Powerstroke
Ours is located just below the steering wheel.

Attachments

• B9ADE8FB-E06C-4A49-A0A8-6825A5DDDC5B.jpeg
    B9ADE8FB-E06C-4A49-A0A8-6825A5DDDC5B.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 29
  • E6A6D4A5-448F-447C-A864-E25FE947B889.jpeg
    E6A6D4A5-448F-447C-A864-E25FE947B889.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
N

Noway

Reaction score
Have a system like this on the TRX but they don't list any Jeeps. Anyone know if this would work? Seems like a great option, especially with a locked hood to prevent access to the relay:

Were you able to install Mobillistics on the 392? what relay have you replaced ..wish Tom from Ram-trx would have a 392 so he'd tell us which relay doesnt draw any power when the jeep is parked like he did with the TRX

SCARd4Life

Reaction score
Current Rides
Stormtroopers: 2022 TRX & 2022 392
Were you able to install Mobillistics on the 392? what relay have you replaced ..wish Tom from Ram-trx would have a 392 so he'd tell us which relay doesnt draw any power when the jeep is parked like he did with the TRX
Yes, but had to send it back for a replacement after it stopped working. Mobilistics sent me a new one with a slight resistance increase. It's in the K03 position and has been working fine so far.

OP
OP
N

Noway

Reaction score
Yes, but had to send it back for a replacement after it stopped working. Mobilistics sent me a new one with a slight resistance increase. It's in the K03 position and has been working fine so far.
Do you think a TRX one would work ? Somehow I ended up with 2 TRX mobilistics relays . I don't have the Jeep home to physically check and I'm hoping you 'd know

SCARd4Life

Reaction score
Current Rides
Stormtroopers: 2022 TRX & 2022 392
Do you think a TRX one would work ? Somehow I ended up with 2 TRX mobilistics relays . I don't have the Jeep home to physically check and I'm hoping you 'd know
I would think so. I offered this up as a troubleshooting option (moving my TRX Mobilistics relay to try on the 392) and they said that might be an option. Haven't tried it, but they thought it would work.

OP
OP
N

Noway

Reaction score
I would think so. I offered this up as a troubleshooting option (moving my TRX Mobilistics relay to try on the 392) and they said that might be an option. Haven't tried it, but they thought it would work.
I guess I'll let you know in about 2 days when I get the Jeep back. So the location you mentioned is not drawing ANY current when the Jeep is parked. Correct ?

Damnright

Reaction score
Current Rides
Sahara jlu heavily modified. Explorer ST. Tacoma TRD Pro
2:45pm weekday afternoon car pulls into my driveway next to my 392. They try to open all 5 doors. By the time I see them on security cameras and activate house alarm they speed out
WTF!

2023 Wrangler 392 - $6,000 OFF MSRP! Granger Motors

StopwatchUSA.com Koons Jeep

Latest Discussions