How do they get stolen?

Not sure about the “over the gas peddle” location, re leg interference. My TRX plug is mounted a bit like that, but over on the left side, so not an issue. Having both (on my 392 and TRX) I personally prefer the 392 flush mounting, just for esthetic reasons. I asked my installer on the Jeep and he said he could do it either way, but all over on the left side. I opt’ed for the flush mount and it’s been flawless in every respect.
Good to know, thanks for the insight! Funny that I was actually reading through the Ravelco thread on the TRX forum: https://www.ram-trx.com/threads/ravelco-thread.7170/page-28

Yes Chuck did my install he is an A+ installer and guy. His insight is amazing to all situations we have discussed in this thread. He did the install in 4 hours and it is amazing. You cannot even tell he was inside the Jeep no matter how hard you look. I can't say enough good things about him and his work. You won't go wrong if you have him do your work. He came from VA to Ct to do mine and a buddys TRX on the same day.
So I contacted Chuck again to schedule an appointment after deciding to get Ravelco installed on my rig. Apparently they've increase the cost since March and require cash only now. He sent me a picture of the Tucked Mount too. @Noway for your reference:
1663502376432.png

@Ct_Formula did you get two plugs? And any usage issue for far? One possible concern I have is if by any chance the mounted end gets damaged, I may not be able to insert the plug and end up with not being able to start the rig...

So I contacted Chuck again to schedule an appointment after deciding to get Ravelco installed on my rig. Apparently they've increase the cost since March and require cash only now. He sent me a picture of the Tucked Mount too. @Noway for your reference:
View attachment 7037
@Ct_Formula did you get two plugs? And any usage issue for far? One possible concern I have is if by any chance the mounted end gets damaged, I may not be able to insert the plug and end up with not being able to start the rig...

Chuck did my install as well. Can't say enough good things about him and my experience, he's awesome. He did both my 392 and my Ram 1500 Limited. He installed the plug on mine on the right side exactly as shown in your pic and recommended against the flush mount on the left side. On my Ram it's mounted tucked under dash on left side. I actually like the way its mounted on the 392 better. Can't really see it unless your hunched down looking for it and it's a much easier grab when you're sitting in the seat. Where it is on my Ram I find it a little more challenging to reach so I do it before/after I get in the seat.

Chuck did my install as well. Can't say enough good things about him and my experience, he's awesome. He did both my 392 and my Ram 1500 Limited. He installed the plug on mine on the right side exactly as shown in your pic and recommended against the flush mount on the left side. On my Ram it's mounted tucked under dash on left side. I actually like the way its mounted on the 392 better. Can't really see it unless your hunched down looking for it and it's a much easier grab when you're sitting in the seat. Where it is on my Ram I find it a little more challenging to reach so I do it before/after I get in the seat.
Thanks for sharing your experience! It’s amazing they install so many a year for so many car owners across the east coast. At one point I started thinking that when I go to the PA annual inspection, I’ll have to hand over the plug with my key fob to the dealership or I’ll have to leave the plug inserted and if by any chance they lost the plug I’ll be screwed.

Ours is located just below the steering wheel.

Attachments

• B9ADE8FB-E06C-4A49-A0A8-6825A5DDDC5B.jpeg
    B9ADE8FB-E06C-4A49-A0A8-6825A5DDDC5B.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 57
  • E6A6D4A5-448F-447C-A864-E25FE947B889.jpeg
    E6A6D4A5-448F-447C-A864-E25FE947B889.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 59
Have a system like this on the TRX but they don't list any Jeeps. Anyone know if this would work? Seems like a great option, especially with a locked hood to prevent access to the relay:

Were you able to install Mobillistics on the 392? what relay have you replaced ..wish Tom from Ram-trx would have a 392 so he'd tell us which relay doesnt draw any power when the jeep is parked like he did with the TRX

Were you able to install Mobillistics on the 392? what relay have you replaced ..wish Tom from Ram-trx would have a 392 so he'd tell us which relay doesnt draw any power when the jeep is parked like he did with the TRX
Yes, but had to send it back for a replacement after it stopped working. Mobilistics sent me a new one with a slight resistance increase. It's in the K03 position and has been working fine so far.

Yes, but had to send it back for a replacement after it stopped working. Mobilistics sent me a new one with a slight resistance increase. It's in the K03 position and has been working fine so far.
Do you think a TRX one would work ? Somehow I ended up with 2 TRX mobilistics relays . I don't have the Jeep home to physically check and I'm hoping you 'd know

Do you think a TRX one would work ? Somehow I ended up with 2 TRX mobilistics relays . I don't have the Jeep home to physically check and I'm hoping you 'd know
I would think so. I offered this up as a troubleshooting option (moving my TRX Mobilistics relay to try on the 392) and they said that might be an option. Haven't tried it, but they thought it would work.

I would think so. I offered this up as a troubleshooting option (moving my TRX Mobilistics relay to try on the 392) and they said that might be an option. Haven't tried it, but they thought it would work.
I guess I'll let you know in about 2 days when I get the Jeep back. So the location you mentioned is not drawing ANY current when the Jeep is parked. Correct ?

2:45pm weekday afternoon car pulls into my driveway next to my 392. They try to open all 5 doors. By the time I see them on security cameras and activate house alarm they speed out
WTF!

i had an interesting conversation with a guy at the gas pumps yesterday. We got talking about my 392 and his Rubicon JLU and the conversation shifted to stolen Jeeps, he was from Boston and had seen where many Jeeps were stolen out of peoples yards. So i asked if he has taken any steps to prevent the theft of his Jeep.
He added a usb charging port under the dash and bought a cheap low memory iPhone and secured the phone in a tight hidden spot, deactivated the ring and vibrate feature and it stays on all the time. He said his wife had taken the jeep on a road trip and he was able to track that phone with the find my phone app the entire time. He has had it in his Jeep for over a year and it has never shut off or died and as long as the phone has cell service it can be tracked. He said that the extra phone on his existing phone plan was cheaper than adding a security system and tracking subscription for an aftermarket system. He said that he had tried things like air tags and tiles but they just didn’t have the range or service that a cell phone has.

it makes sense, even if the car thief disconnected the Jeeps battery the phone will still stay on for quite a while on its own battery and even if the thief uses a signal jammer they will most likely take it with them after the vehicle is left and disabled, who is going to look for a phone stuffed up under the dash. It’s not a perfect idea but it has its merits.

i had an interesting conversation with a guy at the gas pumps yesterday. We got talking about my 392 and his Rubicon JLU and the conversation shifted to stolen Jeeps, he was from Boston and had seen where many Jeeps were stolen out of peoples yards. So i asked if he has taken any steps to prevent the theft of his Jeep.
He added a usb charging port under the dash and bought a cheap low memory iPhone and secured the phone in a tight hidden spot, deactivated the ring and vibrate feature and it stays on all the time. He said his wife had taken the jeep on a road trip and he was able to track that phone with the find my phone app the entire time. He has had it in his Jeep for over a year and it has never shut off or died and as long as the phone has cell service it can be tracked. He said that the extra phone on his existing phone plan was cheaper than adding a security system and tracking subscription for an aftermarket system. He said that he had tried things like air tags and tiles but they just didn’t have the range or service that a cell phone has.

it makes sense, even if the car thief disconnected the Jeeps battery the phone will still stay on for quite a while on its own battery and even if the thief uses a signal jammer they will most likely take it with them after the vehicle is left and disabled, who is going to look for a phone stuffed up under the dash. It’s not a perfect idea but it has its merits.
Not a bad idea. Better than an air tag since it won’t alert the thief that it’s there if they have an iPhone.

On a related note, I actually have Chuck and Megan from mid-Atlantic Ravelco here at my house now installing the Ravelco system. Will report back with some pictures when they are done.

Not a bad idea. Better than an air tag since it won’t alert the thief that it’s there if they have an iPhone.

On a related note, I actually have Chuck and Megan from mid-Atlantic Ravelco here at my house now installing the Ravelco system. Will report back with some pictures when they are done.

Chuck and Megan are awesome! They did my Wrangler 392 and my Ram 1500 Limited a couple months back. Incredible customer service, nothing but respect for them. You'll like the Ravelco. You get used to dealing with the puck pretty quickly and provides great peace of mind!

They come to my house tomorrow. Chuck told me he’s installing one to the Jeep 392 today. That must be you. Hope everything goes well.

Chuck and Megan just completed my Ravelco install. Took them about 3 hours. What everyone else has been saying on this forum is 100% true, was a great experience and they are clearly very knowledgeable of their product, our 392s, and auto theft in general. Chuck even gave me some interesting tips on what to do in a car jacking scenario, some things I wouldn’t ever have thought of.

Everything looks factory, and Chuck even cleaned up some of the wiring for my winch while they had the battery out. I got the tucked plug. Unless you’re looking for it there’s no way you would know it’s even there.

Also I read somewhere not to start it without the plug or it’ll throw codes. That’s not true. Chuck even pulled the plug while the 392 was running, turned right off. When we put the plug back in she started right up without issue. In all I’m very impressed with the whole set up, highly recommended.

28F67CEE-3459-4A73-A75F-15FF60E8FDA0.jpeg

6CCDD754-37A0-4ACD-96AB-A877B321CEE9.jpeg

64D6F3DC-57D0-482A-A24C-658AD7E3BC0F.jpeg

Chuck and Megan just completed my Ravelco install. Took them about 3 hours. What everyone else has been saying on this forum is 100% true, was a great experience and they are clearly very knowledgeable of their product, our 392s, and auto theft in general. Chuck even gave me some interesting tips on what to do in a car jacking scenario, some things I wouldn’t ever have thought of.

Everything looks factory, and Chuck even cleaned up some of the wiring for my winch while they had the battery out. I got the tucked plug. Unless you’re looking for it there’s no way you would know it’s even there.

Also I read somewhere not to start it without the plug or it’ll throw codes. That’s not true. Chuck even pulled the plug while the 392 was running, turned right off. When we put the plug back in she started right up without issue. In all I’m very impressed with the whole set up, highly recommended.

View attachment 7593
View attachment 7594
View attachment 7595
So you can leave that there for some occasions then remove it and take it with you in a more risky situation?

Chuck even gave me some interesting tips on what to do in a car jacking scenario, some things I wouldn’t ever have thought of.
I have some of my own thoughts for that situation but I would like to hear what they said.

So I had Ravelco installed by Chuck and Megan today. Didn’t get to talk them too much since they had to go for another TRX install in the same day.

For anyone who’s interested, read this first: https://ravelco.fun/?en and know the limitations of this system.

In general I think it gives me peace of mind when I need to use it. There are too many aspects and too many scenarios when it comes to security/anti-theft/usability.

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back