How do they get stolen?

Taser emailed me back. They just bought a 2024 392 and most of the 2023 Taser works with a 2024 and some of the 2023 Taser does not work being mostly with UConnect 5 not working. Turn Cam, Nav in Motion and the camera features are still in development too for 2024 Tazer. They do not have a time frame of when a fully compatible Taser for 2024 Jeeps will be out. They said they will announce on Social Media when it's available.

Taser emailed me back. They just bought a 2024 392 and most of the 2023 Taser works with a 2024 and some of the 2023 Taser does not work being mostly with UConnect 5 not working. Turn Cam, Nav in Motion and the camera features are still in development too for 2024 Tazer. They do not have a time frame of when a fully compatible Taser for 2024 Jeeps will be out. They said they will announce on Social Media when it's available.
Probably by 2026.

Probably by 2026.
Will it be a separate taser or just an update to the JL mini?

Will it be a separate taser or just an update to the JL mini?
Good question ...they did not say. I am going to try nd call them next week and clarify what exactly works and does not work on the 2023 Tazer for my 2024. Also if I buy a 2023 Trazer will the 2024 JL Trazer download...if they even have an answer to that question.

In my email I said I wanted to purchase a Tazer so I would think that if the current version even mostly worked and was just a download at later date for 2024 software they would have tried to sell me one and they did not do that.

I am really interested in having the start up sequence keypad on the cruise steering wheel buttons, and a few other feature like controlling daytime lights, fog's and light show plus adjusting the TPMS and engine rpm for my winch.

Just a reminder for all, the tazer is not a security device. It’s a feature adder with some extra abilities. The pin system is a nice feature but even the developer himself talks about how it can be easily defeated. Do not reply on this to protect you. They bash the rear glass (not safety glass, also less conspicuous), and go to program a key. If you don’t have a RF Module lockout (only available on charger and challenger scat/hellcats and 23 TRXs) in 2 minutes they are gone with your truck.

Had my original TRX stolen before I knew any better about the amount of target in a safe area while I was in a gated apt for short while, before I got a replacement, now here I am. Prior LE so I was quite pissed, did everything right and still. so here’s my recommendations.

Basically two options.

- Ravelco, embedded into factory harness and never been defeated. Hardwired plug, Remove it, cars dead. Put it in and off you go, take it when you leave. Cons, no remote start since the plug is with you. $700, installer comes to your house, if your on the east coast it’s chuck and Megan. Great couple, have done a few cars for me.

- IGLA, car dead without pin, interrupts the CAN Bus, pin based (what my Jeep has), very secure, has a nifty service mode for dealer work. Hidden in the car, prevents key programming if the pin hasn’t been entered. $1200

Then the alarm.

Compustar with T13 remote kit, and DASII sensors (shock and window break). Comes with the drone mobile app and module for tracking and alerts. Price varies but generally $1000-1200 installed.

You can add the compustar to either of the above no problem or just get it alone

Just a reminder for all, the tazer is not a security device. It’s a feature adder with some extra abilities. The pin system is a nice feature but even the developer himself talks about how it can be easily defeated. Do not reply on this to protect you. They bash the rear glass (not safety glass, also less conspicuous), and go to program a key. If you don’t have a RF Module lockout (only available on charger and challenger scat/hellcats and 23 TRXs) in 2 minutes they are gone with your truck.

Had my original TRX stolen before I knew any better about the amount of target in a safe area while I was in a gated apt for short while, before I got a replacement, now here I am. Prior LE so I was quite pissed, did everything right and still. so here’s my recommendations.
Cheap and effective with Hood Locks...

Cheap and effective with Hood Locks...
Cheap and effective yes absolutely- Hood locks are my first jeep mod, useful with the relay absolutely, but the relay can easily be removed and replaced in reality, lotta folks use shit hood locks, if the thieves have time, Times about their only enemy. The rugged ridge are the best ones, a few guys have posted them. That’s what I use.

My buddy used to secure his track hawk with the relay and a lotta guys talk about it in the hellcat forums. Saved it for him the first time. Second time they came and the relay was on the ground with the broken glass. If I was going to do the mobilistics, I’d grab a mopar relay and swap cases, so it blends in.

Would still want the compustar so you get alerts and it goes off and kills the ignition. Jeep like other mopars have no shock/window/tilt break sensors in their alarms.

Last edited:
Cheap and effective yes absolutely- Hood locks are my first jeep mod, useful with the relay absolutely, but the relay can easily be removed and replaced in reality, lotta folks use shit hood locks, if the thieves have time, Times about their only enemy. The rugged ridge are the best ones, a few guys have posted them. That’s what I use.

My buddy used to secure his track hawk with the relay and a lotta guys talk about it in the hellcat forums. Saved it for him the first time. Second time they came and the relay was on the ground with the broken glass. If I was going to do the mobilistics, I’d grab a mopar relay and swap cases, so it blends in.

Would still want the compustar so you get alerts and it goes off and kills the ignition. Jeep like other mopars have no shock/window/tilt break sensors in their alarms.
Use these: Rampage Products Hood Lock Latches are made from die cast e-coated 304 stainless steel featuring a black powder coat finish.
IMG_3725.jpg

Please could you kindly post the link to this thread, would love to read the details of how they got under the hood....:cool:

Please could you kindly post the link to this thread, would love to read the details of how they got under the hood....:cool:
It’s not a thread, or I’d have posted it. Real life event.

How they got into the hood? They cut the latch cable, it was a track hawk like I said above. Hood locks on the JL can be easily picked or blown out with a quick bust of highly compressed air. It’s just steel with a lock tumbler, from a file cabinet. It’s a deterrent not an absolute.

Like I said, it’s about time. On the street they aren’t going to go to the trouble, just flat bed it or move on to another with no security, less hardened target. In an airport, driveway or parking deck, that’s where you see the longer attempts.

Use these: Rampage Products Hood Lock Latches are made from die cast e-coated 304 stainless steel featuring a black powder coat finish.
View attachment 29263
I used those before I moved onto the rugged ridge. The rugged ridge are better made imo, I had a problem on two jeeps with the bottom half eventually the pin that connects the two halves together got worn enough to dislodge itself causing it to fail.

It’s not a thread, or I’d have posted it. Real life event.

How they got into the hood? They cut the latch cable, it was a track hawk like I said above. Hood locks on the JL can be easily picked or blown out with a quick bust of highly compressed air. It’s just steel with a lock tumbler, from a file cabinet. It’s a deterrent not an absolute.

Like I said, it’s about time. On the street they aren’t going to go to the trouble, just flat bed it or move on to another with no security, less hardened target. In an airport, driveway or parking deck, that’s where you see the longer attempts.
So they broke the glass and could have pulled the Hood Latch Cable from inside, but instead cut it?...strange...:cool:

So they broke the glass and could have pulled the Hood Latch Cable from inside, but instead cut it?...strange...:cool:
just saying what happened. I didn’t come here to debate with you. Just put proper methods on for people to make their own decisions.

There’s enough folks arguing on all the other forums.

No alarm, it was just towed, I’m on this forum. Exactly like I said, to be effective you need both the alarm and deterrent. This guy just got a Ravelco and thought he was good. Poor decision
"They found the cut section were revelco was installed."

Wasn't towed...brother...at least know what you are talking about if you are going to guide others... ;)

SS TH.jpg

"They found the cut section were revelco was installed."

Wasn't towed...brother...at least know what you are talking about if you are going to guide others... ;)

View attachment 29266
That guy was posting an assumption. The op in the first comment said it was towed which was also an assumption no glass or nothing. I guess magic to break into the car to defeat the Ravelco that is wired into the harness at different points through the car that takes 4 hours to install properly with dash and engine firewall pulled apart, tho bro? Half the hellcat forum sit and argue about this nonsense all day, must be nice to have that much time. Just came to supply some useful info.

enjoy being a keyboard warrior. Luckily for me doesn’t matter to me if you want to scour the internet looking for excuses or other peoples nonsense, did you know everyone’s an expert until their car gets stolen. if you want to hang your hat on locks and a relay. What do I know, only 10 years of law enforcement and low voltage security systems. 😎

Last edited:
That guy was posting an assumption. The op in the first comment said it was towed which was also an assumption no glass or nothing. I guess magic to break into the car to defeat the Ravelco that is wired into the harness at different points through the car that takes 4 hours to install properly with dash and engine firewall pulled apart, tho bro? Half the hellcat forum sit and argue about this nonsense all day, must be nice to have that much time. Just came to supply some useful info.

enjoy being a keyboard warrior. Luckily for me doesn’t matter to me if you want to scour the internet looking for excuses or other peoples nonsense, did you know everyone’s an expert until their car gets stolen. if you want to hang your hat on locks and a relay. What do I know, only 10 years of law enforcement and low voltage security systems. 😎
So what is it specifically that you recommend to secure our BEASTS from being stolen?

#1) The TrackHawk wasn't towed like you said it was:
SS TH copy.jpg

#2) Why would someone that had just broken a glass out to access a vehicle then go through all the he!! of cutting the Hood Latch Cable which wouldn't even unlatch the hood?...when they could just pull the hood latch from inside the vehicle?

#3) Your stories don't add up...we are all trying to learn more here...earnestly...

While discussing these theft deterrents, one request:
61JYAmVyApL copy.jpg

Attachments

• 61JYAmVyApL copy.jpg
    61JYAmVyApL copy.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back