Xtreme Recon package discontinued for 2022?

I ordered my 392 to January 6, 2022 In stingray fully loaded with XR pack. I’m getting excited for my vehicle to arrive so for fun went back to jeep.com and built my car. Discovered that you can’t add XR pack anymore…. So I did some digging fell down a rabbit hole and discovered it looks to be discontinued from orders here on out. Well that sucks! Glad I jumped on it when I did!

Dral97

Reaction score
Current Rides
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE, 2019 BMW 440, 1995 YJ Sahara
This is getting me stressed. I have an build signed with a local dealer, it includes the XR package. So they were able to get a build sheet. But they said they can't place the order with jeep until the 16th. That seemed odd, but I told myself to be patient. Now I'm curious if the 16th thing is true as I'd really like to know of the build is accepted by jeep or not. They said that was a jeep thing, that jeep doesn't accept orders from the 7th to the 16th of the month.
My order went in August 10th. Do you have a VON? If not, I’m not sure you’ll get in on an XR (at least on a customer order) unless they bring XR back.

Last edited:

john_wants_a_jeep

Reaction score
I now have a VON, and it confirms that I will not be getting XR. The dealer also re-confirmed that it was not orderable when he submitted the build. Bummer. But on the bright side, more gas money!

I've been tracking it via the VON on the Track Your Order page. It went from "Order Confirmed" to "Scheduled" pretty fast. But it didn't say when it's scheduled for. I know I'm in for a long wait, but what's the point of having that stage on the tracker if it doesn't give the date?

I'm just going to keep hitting refresh on my browser until it's time to pick it up at the dealer ;-)

john

leakgator

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
2013 F150
I now have a VON, and it confirms that I will not be getting XR. The dealer also re-confirmed that it was not orderable when he submitted the build. Bummer. But on the bright side, more gas money!

I've been tracking it via the VON on the Track Your Order page. It went from "Order Confirmed" to "Scheduled" pretty fast. But it didn't say when it's scheduled for. I know I'm in for a long wait, but what's the point of having that stage on the tracker if it doesn't give the date?

I'm just going to keep hitting refresh on my browser until it's time to pick it up at the dealer ;-)

john
Congrats!

Yours says scheduled??

When did you order?

I ordered 07/20 and I am still at order confirmed!

I wouldn't expect any less from mine, the 2022 Sarge I got took 230 days :)

john_wants_a_jeep

Reaction score
I signed the build sheet on 9/7. Dealer said the couldn't place orders until after the 16th, but couldn't explain why. That was a Friday, so the order went in on the 19th. That's the date in the tracking tool under "Order Processed". This morning I noticed the status changed to "Scheduled". That must have happened yesterday as it has the date of Sep-20-2022 under it.

Did you order the XR package? Maybe it's stuck waiting for parts for that, or something else? Or maybe they know you already have one ;-)

But I suspect individual stage changes don't mean much. I doubt I'll see it before the new year.

leakgator

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
2013 F150
I signed the build sheet on 9/7. Dealer said the couldn't place orders until after the 16th, but couldn't explain why. That was a Friday, so the order went in on the 19th. That's the date in the tracking tool under "Order Processed". This morning I noticed the status changed to "Scheduled". That must have happened yesterday as it has the date of Sep-20-2022 under it.

Did you order the XR package? Maybe it's stuck waiting for parts for that, or something else? Or maybe they know you already have one ;-)

But I suspect individual stage changes don't mean much. I doubt I'll see it before the new year.
That is blazing fast.
Yes I do have the XR, but still, you placed the order the 16th and are scheduled. I placed mine July 20th and still not scheduled. I am so done!

Congrats to you though!

Reaction score
Current Rides
That is blazing fast.
Yes I do have the XR, but still, you placed the order the 16th and are scheduled. I placed mine July 20th and still not scheduled. I am so done!

Congrats to you though!
Think there’s a material hold on some xr 392s now .That’s why non xr 392 are getting scheduled quick now.We had are first 23 xr 392 delivered about two weeks ago .We have another xr ordered end of June .That hasn’t moved at all.Even dealer said who’s knows if it will have xr package Like I told them it comes without.They can keep it

Jachi

Reaction score
Current Rides
2001 Mazda Miata, 2018 Jeep JKU Rubicon Recon AEV, 2020 Toyota Prius, 2022 Jeep 392 Xtream Recon..

john
John I have a 392 Sarge XR on order, meanwhile I picked up a 392 XR back in August...
Will I ever see the 2023 XR time will tell, it now has a Vin yet I’ve been unable to verify where it’s at or what’s really on it..

john_wants_a_jeep

Reaction score
for those waiting, especially if it's for a parts availability issue, if your dealer gets an XR in while you wait, do you think they'll let you have it if you let them replace it with your order? Maybe some consideration for the time they'll have to wait +/- any difference in options.

I'm going to be keeping my eye on what shows up at the dealer I've ordered with to see if that might still be a way to get an XR. I just don't want to pay MSRP+markup. Hoping having an existing order placed with them might help.

Reaction score
Current Rides
for those waiting, especially if it's for a parts availability issue, if your dealer gets an XR in while you wait, do you think they'll let you have it if you let them replace it with your order? Maybe some consideration for the time they'll have to wait +/- any difference in options.

I'm going to be keeping my eye on what shows up at the dealer I've ordered with to see if that might still be a way to get an XR. I just don't want to pay MSRP+markup. Hoping having an existing order placed with them might help.
I doult it.Cause orders is probably a sold customer order.I doult dealers got many allocations for lot

Demodog

Reaction score
Current Rides
RAM 3500
I ordered a 2023 XR on 9/7. Shows order confirmed on Jeep Chat but no VIN. Called the dealer yesterday and they have the VIN just has not shown up on the tracker.

Noway

Reaction score
I ordered a 2023 XR on 9/7. Shows order confirmed on Jeep Chat but no VIN. Called the dealer yesterday and they have the VIN just has not shown up on the tracker.
Nothing is sure tbh. I have 2 x 2023 XR orders placed withing a week. Identical options. One was picked up 2 days ago and one was in C all this time with a VIN. If anything in 2022 not everyone with a VIN got an XR . Some were asked to either downgrade to non-XR or wait for 2023. If this is the last year for 392 obviously there wont be another option besides downgrading to non-XR if FCA doesnt have the parts anymore. I'd rather not pick up the 2nd one than getting the non-XR. I drove both trims and the XR is driving better after you reach..100 mph

jd392

Reaction score
Current Rides
Jeep rubicon 392
John-wants-a-Jeep: Is your order for a 392 or is it a Rubicon with the XR package? I was amazed to see how quickly they changed your order to scheduled versus C status.

Dral97

Reaction score
Current Rides
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE, 2019 BMW 440, 1995 YJ Sahara
We could even see the XR come back for 23s though as well.

Didn't it leave for awhile then come back on the 21s or am I making that up?

john_wants_a_jeep

Reaction score
John-wants-a-Jeep: Is your order for a 392 or is it a Rubicon with the XR package? I was amazed to see how quickly they changed your order to scheduled versus C status.
It's a 392.

When I did the build with the dealer it included XR. When we realized XR was no longer available it was removed from the build. So the order that was submitted was for a 392 w/o XR.

I think this is what helped it advance.

jgp

jd392

Reaction score
Current Rides
Jeep rubicon 392
JGP: Thanks I agree that makes perfect sense. I like others were able to get in the XR within the build but I have a feeling the wait is going to be much longer than anticipated. It seems across the board parts are still a huge problem and perhaps the XR portion of the 392 is delaying the builds.

Damnright

Reaction score
Current Rides
Sahara jlu heavily modified. Explorer ST. Tacoma TRD Pro
Last week I went to order a 392 XR and found out it was no longer an option. Obviously, I am pissed as all who wanted that option should be. IMO it is not the same vehicle and not worth the purchase without it. Many including myself have made the XR type modifications (lift, gearing, beedlock wheels, tires, knuckles ect) in the aftermarket and I do not want to have to spend all that time, hassle and money again.

Last edited:

Damnright

Reaction score
Current Rides
Side Note: I happen to be in Toledo, OH this week. Today, I drove by the factory and saw 3.... 392s with the XR package on the lot, getting loaded up & heading out to Dealers soon. These were obviously ordered before the recent discontinuation. 2 black and 1 blue. So nice to see them!

john_wants_a_jeep

Reaction score
Last week I went to order a 392 XR and found out it was no longer an option. Obviously, I am pissed as all who wanted that option should be. IMO it is not the same vehicle and not worth the purchase without it. Many including myself have made the XR modifications (lift, gearing, beedlock wheels, tires, knuckles ect) in the aftermarket and I do not want to have to spend all that time, hassle and money again.
That can be part of the fun. Years ago I wanted a Monster Miata (V8). By the time I had the money, the company had gone under (very interesting story about that for another day). One of the guys that worked there started a company selling a DIY kit. So I went that route. I had a V8 Miata, but also the bragging rights to say I built it myself. I enjoyed the time as I built it with my dad. Some of it was hard work, but I didn't think of it as a hassle. If I worried about the money, I'd find a cheaper hobby.

Soon I'll get my non-XR. If I ever think it's not enough of a Monster I'm pretty sure I could fix that. This time I'll get to do it with my son. The time will be precious, and given I've enjoyed some good fortune since my V8 Miata days, I'm sure I could make it more extreme than the XR package.

@JC

Reaction score
Current Rides
2020 Ram Power Wagon - Granite Crystal Metallic
Last week I went to order a 392 XR and found out it was no longer an option. Obviously, I am pissed as all who wanted that option should be. IMO it is not the same vehicle and not worth the purchase without it. Many including myself have made the XR type modifications (lift, gearing, beedlock wheels, tires, knuckles ect) in the aftermarket and I do not want to have to spend all that time, hassle and money again.
To each their own but if you're not going to buy the best Jeep (and one of the best vehicles) available IMO just because it doesn't have XR, you're missing out. Every single thing other than the gears that's in the XR package can easily be done better and cheaper by the owner and it won't affect warranty. If you absolutely need the gearing you could do that too but obviously not covered by the factory warranty and don't forget the non-XR actually comes with better shocks and more travel (thanks to the extra large XR bump stop).

Damnright

Reaction score
Current Rides
To each their own but if you're not going to buy the best Jeep (and one of the best vehicles) available IMO just because it doesn't have XR, you're missing out. Every single thing other than the gears that's in the XR package can easily be done better and cheaper by the owner and it won't affect warranty. If you absolutely need the gearing you could do that too but obviously not covered by the factory warranty and don't forget the non-XR actually comes with better shocks and more travel (thanks to the extra large XR bump stop).
I hear ya. Its a sweet ride and not to be underestimated.
However, After screwing around in the aftermarket in terms of time and money....I came to realize how much value there is in straight from the factory. No warranty issues. No associated worries. No researching 4wd shops. Fix one thing....screw up another. No thanks.

2023 Wrangler 392 - $6,000 OFF MSRP! Granger Motors

StopwatchUSA.com Koons Jeep

Latest Discussions