Xtreme Recon package discontinued for 2022?

I ordered my 392 to January 6, 2022 In stingray fully loaded with XR pack. I’m getting excited for my vehicle to arrive so for fun went back to jeep.com and built my car. Discovered that you can’t add XR pack anymore…. So I did some digging fell down a rabbit hole and discovered it looks to be discontinued from orders here on out. Well that sucks! Glad I jumped on it when I did!

7.62x392

Reaction score
Current Rides
2022 JLUR 392 XR
XR Package is sold out.
Totally just speculation, but given how early they cut the XR off for MY23, I wonder if they are gearing up for a late limited edition 20th anniversary edition, resembling the ‘last call’ dodges, as a farewell to the 392 in the Jeep. And then switch over to the I6 HO engine next year for 2024. That would be pretty cool, and highly sought after. I’m sure would be a very limited production run.

Dral97

Reaction score
Current Rides
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE, 2019 BMW 440, 1995 YJ Sahara
That would be cool, but I would also not be surprised if they have some sort of quota for 392's set for the year and they've gotten there already.

Someone somewhere noted that their dealer ordered predominantly XR 392s this MY compared to 21 and 22. Maybe that was a trend across the board.

Last edited:

dblplay1212

Reaction score
Totally just speculation, but given how early they cut the XR off for MY23, I wonder if they are gearing up for a late limited edition 20th anniversary edition, resembling the ‘last call’ dodges, as a farewell to the 392 in the Jeep. And then switch over to the I6 HO engine next year for 2024. That would be pretty cool, and highly sought after. I’m sure would be a very limited production run.
1663011133535.png

mikeC

Reaction score
Current Rides
2022 Jeep Rubicon 392 - Gobi
That would be cool, but I would also not be surprised if they have some sort of quota for 392's set for the year and they've gotten there already.

Someone somewhere noted that their dealer ordered predominantly XR 392s this MY compared to 21 and 22. Maybe that was a trend across the board.
The only trend I see is more people want XR's than not (2021 numbers are skewed because the XR package came out so late). The dealer(s) probably ordered more XRs knowing Jeep stopped ordering of the package 2-1/2 months early on the 2022 models and didn't want to take any chances on it happening again on 2023's, which it did.

mrenkil

Reaction score
Current Rides
‘13 Rubicon
I orginally order the 392 with XR in February. I recieved the call in May that they couldn't fulfill the XR package and as with others, I could keep my '22 without the XR or get a '23 with the XR. Original ship date according to dealer was 8/24, then it got pushed to 9/14, now it's pushed to ship date of 10/1. I'm heading to Moab first week of Oct and really wanted to be able to take it. Starting to take away from the excitement.

Electrified

Reaction score
Current Rides
2022 392 XR, 2015 Ford F250 4-Door, 4-Wheel Drive, 6.7l Powerstroke
I ordered my 22' XR on Feb. 10th and they cut off the XR ordering on Feb. 12th. I think once it went away for 22', there was a lot of pent up anxiety/demand for the XR and when the 23' ordering opened up a lot of people pounced on the XR package quickly. Now 23' XR is history.

Reaction score
Current Rides
I orginally order the 392 with XR in February. I recieved the call in May that they couldn't fulfill the XR package and as with others, I could keep my '22 without the XR or get a '23 with the XR. Original ship date according to dealer was 8/24, then it got pushed to 9/14, now it's pushed to ship date of 10/1. I'm heading to Moab first week of Oct and really wanted to be able to take it. Starting to take away from the excitement.
Heck my 23 xr ordered with all options ordered June 6th was a Mydealer last.
weekend..Its ashame they didn’t put priority on those 22 orders

@JC

Reaction score
Current Rides
2020 Ram Power Wagon - Granite Crystal Metallic
Should have just taken the 22 w/o XR if you already had a trip planned.

Last edited:

@JC

Reaction score
Current Rides

Electrified

Reaction score
Current Rides
:ROFLMAO: Obviously I accidentally clicked reply to your post where I intended to quote the poster above you... I fixed it 🍻
Oops, didn't catch that you weren't referring to me. lol

mrenkil

Reaction score
Current Rides
‘13 Rubicon
Should have just taken the 22 w/o XR if you already had a trip planned.
Hindsite is 20/20. I'm lucky I have a built up 10th Anniversary Rubicon, so the trip will still go on, but nothing like getting to go to the mecca of off road with the new toy.

john_wants_a_jeep

Reaction score
This is getting me stressed. I have an build signed with a local dealer, it includes the XR package. So they were able to get a build sheet. But they said they can't place the order with jeep until the 16th. That seemed odd, but I told myself to be patient. Now I'm curious if the 16th thing is true as I'd really like to know of the build is accepted by jeep or not. They said that was a jeep thing, that jeep doesn't accept orders from the 7th to the 16th of the month.

Electrified

Reaction score
Current Rides
This is getting me stressed. I have an build signed with a local dealer, it includes the XR package. So they were able to get a build sheet. But they said they can't place the order with jeep until the 16th. That seemed odd, but I told myself to be patient. Now I'm curious if the 16th thing is true as I'd really like to know of the build is accepted by jeep or not. They said that was a jeep thing, that jeep doesn't accept orders from the 7th to the 16th of the month.
That sounds fishy as hell. I inked my order on Feb 9th and it was placed on Feb. 10th.

@JC

Reaction score
Current Rides
That sounds like the difference between using the dealership's stock allocation and placing a customer order which does not require allocation to me. IMO, your dealership didn't know how or want to do a customer order.

How do you know when your order is placed with jeep? Do you get some kind of order acknowledgment form or order number?
You get a POC (Priced Order Confirmation) with your name on it listing, the VON, all of your options, Scheduling Priority should show 1-Sold Order and Build Priority should show 01. It should also list MSRP, Invoice, Holdback, FFP and EP pricing. After the order is accepted by the plant, you get issued a VIN which will show up on an updated POC. Like this...

poc.jpg

Last edited:

Mouse

Reaction score
Current Rides
2010 JK, 2020 F350, 2022 JL 392
Yeah, that’s some shady going’s on there. I placed my order on the 10th of march and had a POV the same day and a vin # two days later. I wouldn’t walk away from that dealer I would run as fast as humanly possible.

jd392

Reaction score
Current Rides
Jeep rubicon 392
I too have a Priced Order Confirmation sheet which puts me in C-Status, Tentative schedule. The MSRP is in place but no VIN# yet. The VIN won't show up until I go to D-status..

Viking Jeeper

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Rubicon 392 2006 LJR
Sounds like that happened last October and your dealer thinks its every month. I hope not but if so they are BONEHEADS!

I ordered mine Oct 6 and the 7th was the last day to order as they were getting ready to accept MY 2022 orders and I think until Oct 16 so that definitely does not happen every month.

2023 Wrangler 392 - $6,000 OFF MSRP! Granger Motors

StopwatchUSA.com Koons Jeep

Latest Discussions