Xtreme Recon package discontinued for 2022?

I ordered my 392 to January 6, 2022 In stingray fully loaded with XR pack. I’m getting excited for my vehicle to arrive so for fun went back to jeep.com and built my car. Discovered that you can’t add XR pack anymore…. So I did some digging fell down a rabbit hole and discovered it looks to be discontinued from orders here on out. Well that sucks! Glad I jumped on it when I did!

Damnright

Reaction score
Current Rides
Sahara jlu heavily modified. Explorer ST. Tacoma TRD Pro
That can be part of the fun. Years ago I wanted a Monster Miata (V8). By the time I had the money, the company had gone under (very interesting story about that for another day). One of the guys that worked there started a company selling a DIY kit. So I went that route. I had a V8 Miata, but also the bragging rights to say I built it myself. I enjoyed the time as I built it with my dad. Some of it was hard work, but I didn't think of it as a hassle. If I worried about the money, I'd find a cheaper hobby.

Soon I'll get my non-XR. If I ever think it's not enough of a Monster I'm pretty sure I could fix that. This time I'll get to do it with my son. The time will be precious, and given I've enjoyed some good fortune since my V8 Miata days, I'm sure I could make it more extreme than the XR package.
Yep. There is definitely something to be said for wrench time. Especially with family.

Without a doubt you could take it beyond the XR to the next level.

I've just learned the hard way. Having it buttoned up the way you like from the get go is underrated.

Dral97

Reaction score
Current Rides
2014 FJ Cruiser TTUE, 2019 BMW 440, 1995 YJ Sahara
I hear ya. Its a sweet ride and not to be underestimated.
However, After screwing around in the aftermarket in terms of time and money....I came to realize how much value there is in straight from the factory. No warranty issues. No associated worries. No researching 4wd shops. Fix one thing....screw up another. No thanks.
Don't lose hope. Pay attention to the sources that keep up with these things (like this forum). If they open up XR for 23 again (who knows, they might since there is a long time left in the 23 MY) then either ask your dealer to switch your order or sell your current non-XR if you got it already to buy the XR. If this market holds, you could probably sell the non for about the same as the XR if you get a good deal on the XR new.

Damnright

Reaction score
Current Rides
Don't lose hope. Pay attention to the sources that keep up with these things (like this forum). If they open up XR for 23 again (who knows, they might since there is a long time left in the 23 MY) then either ask your dealer to switch your order or sell your current non-XR if you got it already to buy the XR. If this market holds, you could probably sell the non for about the same as the XR if you get a good deal on the XR new.
Yep. All those in the same situation should keep their hand on the pulse. It is way too sweet of a combination to miss out on.

Mouse

Reaction score
Current Rides
2010 JK, 2020 F350, 2022 JL 392
Last week I went to order a 392 XR and found out it was no longer an option. Obviously, I am pissed as all who wanted that option should be. IMO it is not the same vehicle and not worth the purchase without it. Many including myself have made the XR type modifications (lift, gearing, beedlock wheels, tires, knuckles ect) in the aftermarket and I do not want to have to spend all that time, hassle and money again.
That’s kinda like passing up a date with Kate Upton because you found out she doesn’t live in a bikini 24/7 and taking her to the beach would be to much work.

Damnright

Reaction score
Current Rides
That’s kinda like passing up a date with Kate Upton because you found out she doesn’t live in a bikini 24/7 and taking her to the beach would be to much work.
Nah. It' not like that at all.
No one would claim she is not the same as the original after going to the beach. Also after putting in the work taking her to the beach she's not likely to break her hip or elllicit some other problem that needs to be fixed.

Last edited:

Dral97

Reaction score
Current Rides
Also keep in mind it benefits dealers to say that XR isn’t coming back on the 392:

A. First of all, they never seem to know anything else FCA/Stella is doing. So why would they suddenly know this?
B. Saying XR is done convinces someone to order a non now instead of trying to wait. This is probably the major reason.
C. If someone wants XR bad enough and it comes back, a person may order it even if they already got a non. That’s two sales for the dealer, plus more if the person trades back in the non.

The only time it hurts them is when the person is XR or bust and decides to not even buy a jeep if they can’t get XR. Even then, the person will probably come back if XR comes back. Still a sale.

Reaction score
Current Rides
Also keep in mind it benefits dealers to say that XR isn’t coming back on the 392:

A. First of all, they never seem to know anything else FCA/Stella is doing. So why would they suddenly know this?
B. Saying XR is done convinces someone to order a non now instead of trying to wait. This is probably the major reason.
C. If someone wants XR bad enough and it comes back, a person may order it even if they already got a non. That’s two sales for the dealer, plus more if the person trades back in the non.

The only time it hurts them is when the person is XR or bust and decides to not even buy a jeep if they can’t get XR. Even then, the person will probably come back if XR comes back. Still a sale.
Heck mydealers said they can’t sell a 392 now.Cause of no xr being available.Said they have over 20 in sold customer orders

Dral97

Reaction score
Current Rides
Heck mydealers said they can’t sell a 392 now.Cause of no xr being available.Said they have over 20 in sold customer orders
You would think Stella would realize this. I understand we have some major obnoxious supply chain issues currently, but the start of the 23 MY seems to prove that we want XR 392s and if they can make them, we'll buy them.

If I wouldn't have gotten my order in for XR I would have been just about as happy to get a non and send it to AEV (in fact parts of me still think about going the latter route).

Not gonna lie. I lust after this jeep AEV370 (as a 392, minus the snorkel, and change the tan to black top).

1663939200626.png

Last edited:

2023 Wrangler 392 - $6,000 OFF MSRP! Granger Motors

StopwatchUSA.com Koons Jeep

Latest Discussions