Xtreme Recon package discontinued for 2022?

I ordered my 392 to January 6, 2022 In stingray fully loaded with XR pack. I’m getting excited for my vehicle to arrive so for fun went back to jeep.com and built my car. Discovered that you can’t add XR pack anymore…. So I did some digging fell down a rabbit hole and discovered it looks to be discontinued from orders here on out. Well that sucks! Glad I jumped on it when I did!

I orginally order the 392 with XR in February. I recieved the call in May that they couldn't fulfill the XR package and as with others, I could keep my '22 without the XR or get a '23 with the XR. Original ship date according to dealer was 8/24, then it got pushed to 9/14, now it's pushed to ship date of 10/1. I'm heading to Moab first week of Oct and really wanted to be able to take it. Starting to take away from the excitement.

I ordered my 22' XR on Feb. 10th and they cut off the XR ordering on Feb. 12th. I think once it went away for 22', there was a lot of pent up anxiety/demand for the XR and when the 23' ordering opened up a lot of people pounced on the XR package quickly. Now 23' XR is history.

I orginally order the 392 with XR in February. I recieved the call in May that they couldn't fulfill the XR package and as with others, I could keep my '22 without the XR or get a '23 with the XR. Original ship date according to dealer was 8/24, then it got pushed to 9/14, now it's pushed to ship date of 10/1. I'm heading to Moab first week of Oct and really wanted to be able to take it. Starting to take away from the excitement.
Heck my 23 xr ordered with all options ordered June 6th was a Mydealer last.
weekend..Its ashame they didn’t put priority on those 22 orders

Should have just taken the 22 w/o XR if you already had a trip planned.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: Obviously I accidentally clicked reply to your post where I intended to quote the poster above you... I fixed it 🍻
Oops, didn't catch that you weren't referring to me. lol

Should have just taken the 22 w/o XR if you already had a trip planned.
Hindsite is 20/20. I'm lucky I have a built up 10th Anniversary Rubicon, so the trip will still go on, but nothing like getting to go to the mecca of off road with the new toy.

This is getting me stressed. I have an build signed with a local dealer, it includes the XR package. So they were able to get a build sheet. But they said they can't place the order with jeep until the 16th. That seemed odd, but I told myself to be patient. Now I'm curious if the 16th thing is true as I'd really like to know of the build is accepted by jeep or not. They said that was a jeep thing, that jeep doesn't accept orders from the 7th to the 16th of the month.

This is getting me stressed. I have an build signed with a local dealer, it includes the XR package. So they were able to get a build sheet. But they said they can't place the order with jeep until the 16th. That seemed odd, but I told myself to be patient. Now I'm curious if the 16th thing is true as I'd really like to know of the build is accepted by jeep or not. They said that was a jeep thing, that jeep doesn't accept orders from the 7th to the 16th of the month.
That sounds fishy as hell. I inked my order on Feb 9th and it was placed on Feb. 10th.

That sounds like the difference between using the dealership's stock allocation and placing a customer order which does not require allocation to me. IMO, your dealership didn't know how or want to do a customer order.

How do you know when your order is placed with jeep? Do you get some kind of order acknowledgment form or order number?
You get a POC (Priced Order Confirmation) with your name on it listing, the VON, all of your options, Scheduling Priority should show 1-Sold Order and Build Priority should show 01. It should also list MSRP, Invoice, Holdback, FFP and EP pricing. After the order is accepted by the plant, you get issued a VIN which will show up on an updated POC. Like this...

poc.jpg

Last edited:
☝️What he said. ☝️

Yeah, that’s some shady going’s on there. I placed my order on the 10th of march and had a POV the same day and a vin # two days later. I wouldn’t walk away from that dealer I would run as fast as humanly possible.

I too have a Priced Order Confirmation sheet which puts me in C-Status, Tentative schedule. The MSRP is in place but no VIN# yet. The VIN won't show up until I go to D-status..

Sounds like that happened last October and your dealer thinks its every month. I hope not but if so they are BONEHEADS!

I ordered mine Oct 6 and the 7th was the last day to order as they were getting ready to accept MY 2022 orders and I think until Oct 16 so that definitely does not happen every month.

My order went in August 10th. Do you have a VON? If not, I’m not sure you’ll get in on an XR (at least on a customer order) unless they bring XR back.

Last edited:
I now have a VON, and it confirms that I will not be getting XR. The dealer also re-confirmed that it was not orderable when he submitted the build. Bummer. But on the bright side, more gas money!

I've been tracking it via the VON on the Track Your Order page. It went from "Order Confirmed" to "Scheduled" pretty fast. But it didn't say when it's scheduled for. I know I'm in for a long wait, but what's the point of having that stage on the tracker if it doesn't give the date?

I'm just going to keep hitting refresh on my browser until it's time to pick it up at the dealer ;-)

john

I now have a VON, and it confirms that I will not be getting XR. The dealer also re-confirmed that it was not orderable when he submitted the build. Bummer. But on the bright side, more gas money!

I've been tracking it via the VON on the Track Your Order page. It went from "Order Confirmed" to "Scheduled" pretty fast. But it didn't say when it's scheduled for. I know I'm in for a long wait, but what's the point of having that stage on the tracker if it doesn't give the date?

I'm just going to keep hitting refresh on my browser until it's time to pick it up at the dealer ;-)

john
Congrats!

Yours says scheduled??

When did you order?

I ordered 07/20 and I am still at order confirmed!

I wouldn't expect any less from mine, the 2022 Sarge I got took 230 days :)

I signed the build sheet on 9/7. Dealer said the couldn't place orders until after the 16th, but couldn't explain why. That was a Friday, so the order went in on the 19th. That's the date in the tracking tool under "Order Processed". This morning I noticed the status changed to "Scheduled". That must have happened yesterday as it has the date of Sep-20-2022 under it.

Did you order the XR package? Maybe it's stuck waiting for parts for that, or something else? Or maybe they know you already have one ;-)

But I suspect individual stage changes don't mean much. I doubt I'll see it before the new year.

Back