Winch plate recommendations

Where has everyone mounted their Power Interrupt kit? It's a lot tighter than my 3.6L

I have the Warn Evo 10 with the Warn plate. Fit perfectly, no issues
I have the Warn Evo 10 with the Warn plate. Fit perfectly, no issues.
Hi
I tried to mount my warn winch plate it’s giving me hard time the skid plate not aligning with the screws under there is 4 screws and it’s almost 1/2-3/4 inch forward it feels the winch plate pushing my pumper out any fead back please ?

I have the Warn Evo 10 with the Warn plate. Fit perfectly, no issues.
Hi
I tried to mount my warn winch plate it’s giving me hard time the skid plate not aligning with the screws under there is 4 screws and it’s almost 1/2-3/4 inch forward it feels the winch plate pushing my pumper out any fead back please ?

Hi
Yes the warn winch plate does push the bumper forward. Put the four front skid plate bolts in first then you will have to drill out new holes for the two rear bolts. Some people have gotten away with just slotting the rear holes.

Attachments

• E52123F1-9A7D-4D1E-9F26-B6F44ED4E315.jpeg
    E52123F1-9A7D-4D1E-9F26-B6F44ED4E315.jpeg
    200.3 KB · Views: 85
Hi
Do the Grimm and Maximus 3 plates also require this modification?

You would think a guy could mount a Warn winch using the Warn winch plate without modifications on a factory Jeep bumper, but for whatever reason it seems like some can and some can’t.

Not that any of these modifications are that difficult to perform, but you would think that one of these plates would be a direct bolt-on if using a Warn winch (which most seem to be).

Last edited:
I was able to get my skid plate back on without modification with the Warn winch plate. I put back bolts on first, loosely, then front also loosely, then tightened everything down. Weird that it varies for different folks with the same configuration, but clearly it does.

I wasn’t able to mount Mopar skid plate because of holes not lining up but Warn plate was fine.

I was able to get my skid plate back on without modification with the Warn winch plate. I put back bolts on first, loosely, then front also loosely, then tightened everything down. Weird that it varies for different folks with the same configuration, but clearly it does.
I have seen were most people were able to use a round file and slot the holes out by just an 1/8 - 1/4 inch for a better fit. Nothing major.

You would think a guy could mount a Warn winch using the Warn winch plate without modifications on a factory Jeep bumper, but for whatever reason it seems like some can and some can’t.

Not that any of these modifications are that difficult to perform, but you would think that one of these plates would be a direct bolt-on if using a Warn winch (which most seem to be).

No alterations to the skid were needed for the Grimm plate.

Yes the warn winch plate does push the bumper forward. Put the four front skid plate bolts in first then you will have to drill out new holes for the two rear bolts. Some people have gotten away with just slotting the rear holes.
Thanks man

Wondering why I don't see many remote mount the winch's power control module into the engine bay for a more low profile look?
I'm considering the Warn Zeon 12s (along with Warn Long Control Pack Relocation Kit -92193).
Any unknown issues doing this?

My installation is the Grimm winch mount with a Smittybilt XRC Gen3 9.5k winch. The winch plate is a strong one piece design and fit perfectly with the frame, bumper and skid plate. It weighs about 20.3 lbs and I am very happy with it.

For some winch/plate installations it can be difficult to get the bumper bolts back in place. No problem with this combo as the access is good and the winch is not too wide.

The XRC winch is a little deep front-to-back which meant drilling holes further forward in the winch plate to stay clear of the grill and enlarging the OEM steel bumper opening about 1/4". I might have moved it more than needed but wanted easy grill access.

Comparing Warn EVO 10k winch body dimensions with the Smittybilt XRC Gen3 9.5, the EVO should fit a little easier, maybe with little or no modification.

Warn Evo 10k 21.0" W x 6.3" D x 6.8" H
Smittybilt XRC 21.7" W x 6.7" D x 7.0" H

Attachments

• IMG_3368.JPG
    IMG_3368.JPG
    325.9 KB · Views: 52
  • CEOK6637.JPG
    CEOK6637.JPG
    382.6 KB · Views: 52
Wondering why I don't see many remote mount the winch's power control module into the engine bay for a more low profile look?
I'm considering the Warn Zeon 12s (along with Warn Long Control Pack Relocation Kit -92193).

That idea was a consideration during my installation, but upon looking at the available space under the hood I gave up rather quickly. Someone else might be more clever however...
I have seen an control box mounted along the frame rail behind the bumper which gave a nice clean look.

I guess no one else is going to say it so I will, 95% of Jeeps that get winches will never use it. They want everyone to see it, they dont want to go low profile or then no one can see it.

I am with you, I could care less what others see etc but moving it in to the engine bay is not where people normally put it, they put it in the cab of the vehicle.

I guess no one else is going to say it so I will, 95% of Jeeps that get winches will never use it. They want everyone to see it, they dont want to go low profile or then no one can see it.

I am with you, I could care less what others see etc but moving it in to the engine bay is not where people normally put it, they put it in the cab of the vehicle.
Ok, that ever crossed my mind. I come from the harder core rock crawling world, where winching is a show of defeat, but sometimes has to be done.😂
With this Jeep, I don't see myself going out and bashing it up any time soon. May hold on to my built 03' LJ (6.1 Hemi, dana 60's, 42" sticky Treps) for that?
However in FL we have sand and mud that can sometimes be deceiving. Windrock in TN, is also a favorite wheeling spot of mine and again with this Jeep I will probably winch up instead of my normal try it until you make it.

Ok, that ever crossed my mind. I come from the harder core rock crawling world, where winching is a show of defeat, but sometimes has to be done.😂
With this Jeep, I don't see myself going out and bashing it up any time soon. May hold on to my built 03' LJ (6.1 Hemi, dana 60's, 42" sticky Treps) for that?
However in FL we have sand and mud that can sometimes be deceiving. Windrock in TN, is also a favorite wheeling spot of mine and again with this Jeep I will probably winch up instead of my normal try it until you make it.
definetly keep the 03, not sure what the scenario is when you are using winch but there is a blluetooth controller that is run by an app on your phone and some wireless controllers. that way you can leave all as it is normally and add one of those options and you avoid having to go to the winch and be next to it as you can control it from the cab.

definetly keep the 03, not sure what the scenario is when you are using winch but there is a blluetooth controller that is run by an app on your phone and some wireless controllers. that way you can leave all as it is normally and add one of those options and you avoid having to go to the winch and be next to it as you can control it from the cab.
Yes, and thank you for the reply.
My goal is to have as low of profile 12s as possible. I guess Platinum comes with wireless remote.
Should be able to find a spot to mount controller and use wireless and/or add dash remote controls.
That's what I did with my LJ, but did not remove controller from 16.5ti winch. But that Jeep is a different animal.

Trying to see if anyone has found a good controller mounting spot for the 392?

Back