@WhiteBronze392 Build

I Posted elsewhere but hmmm

Just came across these posts on Facebook 392 forum. I ask what year then then saw the answer 24-25 will ask why was beefed up. Also doesn’t seem these guys know who they are talking with 🤣 would like to know more about what was beefed up and got my answer View attachment 48720View attachment 48721View attachment 48722View attachment 48723View attachment 48724View attachment 48730
I saw this for the first time yesterday. Good to hear that they beefed up the design for MY 24+ but it doesn't sound like the risk of failure is high in any event. There may have been some defective transfer cases out there that failed early but it doesn't appear to be common even with big tires.
 
I removed the Nemesis flares today to drop them off at the powder coater and while they were off marked and cut out the fenders to match the opening of the flares and inners.

After I see how the flares look white I will decide if I’m going to leave the bumpers bare aluminum, have them powder coated black or Steel it them myself.
IMG_9460.webp
 
Last edited:
I talked to Rock Jock today about what happened and they are going to warranty the link and confirmed it seems the heavy bar 1 1/8” I chose must have reached the max amount of flex as everything else seems to be fine. I didn’t read the fine print and that bar was made for RTT and overlanding style setups.
  • Body Roll - Being that this kit features our heavy torsion bar, if this kit is used in unloaded vehicles, you may find the rear sway bar to be stiffer than you would prefer. This kit is intended for use on vehicles that are loaded down with a rack, roof top tent, camping gear, etc. If this does not sound like your application, you may be more of a customer of our lighter rate bar kits (CE-9900JLR4 and CE-9900JLR4A)
Dave @jeepguru is working with RJ to get the warranty part coming and helping to make my mistake in swapping out to the correct bar as painless as possible 👍 I have learned to check with Dave first for anything I am looking for as he has beaten every other price and shipping speed I have seen! If you are looking for something online I suggest shooting him a message first you won’t regret it.

I will have a basically brand new Antirock rear heavy setup available for a deal very soon 🤣
How is the Antirock with the thinner bar holding up? How's the body roll?

I have the same worry about too much body roll on road and was going to order the heavy JL kit front and rear. We don't have rocks here and I'll only be using the Jeep in the desert so I won't be needing the extreme flex you guys do but definitely don't want something that could break
 
How is the Antirock with the thinner bar holding up? How's the body roll?

I have the same worry about too much body roll on road and was going to order the heavy JL kit front and rear. We don't have rocks here and I'll only be using the Jeep in the desert so I won't be needing the extreme flex you guys do but definitely don't want something that could break
It has been good. Can definitely tell a difference but overall I have no complaints. I think you should be fine with heavy front and rear as far as flex is concerned but honestly the heavy rear is heavier than stock so not sure it’s needed.
 
We had great time at Windrock! First time off-roading since the makeover and first time on real trails not manufactured Florida obstacles 😂
If the weather cooperates going to hit them again before we leave.
IMG_9552.webp
IMG_9551.webp
IMG_9562.webp
IMG_9571.webp
IMG_9573.webp
IMG_9574.webp
IMG_9579.webp
IMG_9579.webp
IMG_9580.webp
IMG_9582.webp
 
Looks phenomenal, definitely lots of goodies on this one. The lugs.... been searching around with some old car vendors I used to use back in the day but couldn't find anything. Saw yours...... I am assuming each set if 5 qty meaning, need 4 sets if not running a spare?
 
Looks phenomenal, definitely lots of goodies on this one. The lugs.... been searching around with some old car vendors I used to use back in the day but couldn't find anything. Saw yours...... I am assuming each set if 5 qty meaning, need 4 sets if not running a spare?
Thank you very much! I went through several sets of aftermarket lugs gorilla, splined etc that would just scratch and rust.

I believe this is them for a set of 20

 
We had great time at Windrock! First time off-roading since the makeover and first time on real trails not manufactured Florida obstacles 😂
If the weather cooperates going to hit them again before we leave.
View attachment 49316View attachment 49317View attachment 49318View attachment 49319View attachment 49320View attachment 49321View attachment 49322View attachment 49323View attachment 49324View attachment 49325
Been following your build as well as a few others. Your rig looks amazing ! Congrats , looks like you're enjoying it.
 
We had great time at Windrock! First time off-roading since the makeover and first time on real trails not manufactured Florida obstacles 😂
If the weather cooperates going to hit them again before we leave.
View attachment 49316View attachment 49317View attachment 49318View attachment 49319View attachment 49320View attachment 49321View attachment 49322View attachment 49323View attachment 49324View attachment 49325
Awesome set up. What seats are they? Do you have any other interior photos?
 
Thank you very much! I went through several sets of aftermarket lugs gorilla, splined etc that would just scratch and rust.

I believe this is them for a set of 20

Ah it is for qty 20, nice. Was going to say they were a bit out of my reach if the price were 2xx per 5 lol.
 
Awesome set up. What seats are they? Do you have any other interior photos?
Thank you ! They are KATZKIN Tuscany amaretto. Yes I will post some more. They look very different in iPhone pictures for some reason they are darker in person. I’ll see if I can capture some realistic ones
IMG_9624.webp
IMG_9625.webp
IMG_9626.webp
 
That's one heck of a rig!! Thanks for sharing all the work you've done!! I truly hope to own a 392 soon! I live in AZ and there is so much to explore!
 
My timing on axles is similar and I'm just starting to do more serious evaluation of the various options.

You're right, the Platinums are optimized for the factory 392 t-case and carry a Currie price premium. They also give up some strength to gain clearance with their rear end because of the high pinion design but you do have that larger 10.5" ring gear of the Dana 70 to compensate.

I haven't made a decision on the t-case yet but have seen some reports of early failures/replacements. Avoiding the uplift for RCVs would cover much of the cost of a t-case upgrade.

I've read that a Dana 60 rear end may not be optimal with 40's and a 392 so I'd likely want something bigger (14B or better) for peace of mind since there isn't much of a price premium. I'm probably leaning towards Fusion all things considered. Their Super60/14B option comes with kingpins, HD steering and big calipers with rotors (Currie uses factory calipers). You can opt for RCVs or standard joints and custom suspension brackets as needed. Pricing is fair (compared to leading alternatives at least) and the 14B offers better ground clearance and significantly lighter weight than the Dana 80 option with massive strength. No e-lockers with the 14B. If that's a consideration, you'd have to go with a Dana 80 instead.
I have since moved toward either Dynatrac 60/80 or Fusion 60/80/14B. Still researching AIR vs Elocker. Looking for some install info on Air lockers. I have the ARB twin under my passenger seat so that’s taken care of but it keeps blowing fuses some reason 😳

There were trails I wanted to do at Windrock but was scared I would break something (axle related) I’m sure probably completely for no reason 🤣

A super cool guy I wheeled with there with a diesel on 37s (black one in picture) with I think every badge of honor and just got back from the rubicon had stock axles 🤣 they had been all over MOAB, Colorado and whatever you can imagine.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top