So who has an order in for a MY24 392? … and what is your status?

So what you are saying is if I order the right model my dealer does not need an allocation for it to be ordered? Curious as I have ordered many GM's and always needed allocation. At anyrate mine did make it to D1 so i'm happy!
Ok so I forget if I've said this here or not, but the allocation term gets thrown around a lot and can mean different things. Here's a little summary specific to current protocol with CDJR cannot speak for other brands.

Dealer Stock - We get an allocation of how many vehicles we can order to sit on the lot. This meeting happens monthly with fresh figures to match up with what the supply chain and manufacturer want to see produced. We are told A certain total quantity of a vehicle, and a percentage of configurations like engine types to fall in line with. Sometimes there are certain features, packages, or configurations that are available for sops orders but closed for stock orders. A customer sold order does not reduce this allotment.

Allocated Items - Sometimes, there are specific vehicles in which we are only allowed to order a certain amount of, regardless of it is for dealer stock or sold orders. Example Charger/Challenger everything this year essentially, from scatpack to demon.

Limited Editions - Usually Pre-spec'd by the mfr, each dealer gets a certain #, they're coming as they come, and then the dealer can assign them to a customer

Sold orders placed specifically for a named customer do not subtract from dealer stock allocation but DO certainly eat away at to the limited editions or allocated items.

It is certainly annoying because the terminology is used in multiple places with different meanings. But most important, for 392, ignore all of the above because and order is an order as long as you have a POC with your name on it!!

Ok so I forget if I've said this here or not, but the allocation term gets thrown around a lot and can mean different things. Here's a little summary specific to current protocol with CDJR cannot speak for other brands.

Dealer Stock - We get an allocation of how many vehicles we can order to sit on the lot. This meeting happens monthly with fresh figures to match up with what the supply chain and manufacturer want to see produced. We are told A certain total quantity of a vehicle, and a percentage of configurations like engine types to fall in line with. Sometimes there are certain features, packages, or configurations that are available for sops orders but closed for stock orders. A customer sold order does not reduce this allotment.

Allocated Items - Sometimes, there are specific vehicles in which we are only allowed to order a certain amount of, regardless of it is for dealer stock or sold orders. Example Charger/Challenger everything this year essentially, from scatpack to demon.

Limited Editions - Usually Pre-spec'd by the mfr, each dealer gets a certain #, they're coming as they come, and then the dealer can assign them to a customer

Sold orders placed specifically for a named customer do not subtract from dealer stock allocation but DO certainly eat away at to the limited editions or allocated items.

It is certainly annoying because the terminology is used in multiple places with different meanings. But most important, for 392, ignore all of the above because and order is an order as long as you have a POC with your name on it!!
Thanks for taking the time and explaining that! Definetly different then what i'm used to seeing happen.

Excellent information. Thanks for posting !

Thanks for sharing!

THREE LUCKY 392s with their estimated build/ship dates!

View attachment 21919
Would you mind sharing which options they had? It looks like there may or may not be a delay on some of the options we chose. It will probably give us some ideas about which options Jeep may be prioritizing over.

Would you mind sharing which options they had? It looks like there may or may not be a delay on some of the options we chose. It will probably give us some ideas about which options Jeep may be prioritizing over.
Which option would you think would be holding things up? I am watching 6 different 392's that I have information on. Mine has 0 additional options beyond items included. Another has the SOT, winch, all weather mats, and satin black grill. mine is black the other is hydro blue. Those both are at D1 currently lets hope they stay there and move forward! 2 others that didn't go to D1 are identical to the Hydro. Another has the Black vinyl flooring and the last has the daul top group. The only way to know for sure in my eyes is if someone can tell us if there are any constraints at the moment. Otherwise I can't figure it out...

Which option would you think would be holding things up? I am watching 6 different 392's that I have information on. Mine has 0 additional options beyond items included. Another has the SOT, winch, all weather mats, and satin black grill. mine is black the other is hydro blue. Those both are at D1 currently lets hope they stay there and move forward! 2 others that didn't go to D1 are identical to the Hydro. Another has the Black vinyl flooring and the last has the daul top group. The only way to know for sure in my eyes is if someone can tell us if there are any constraints at the moment. Otherwise I can't figure it out...

Interesting, I thought that the more options we choose, the faster Jeep might build it, but I guess not.

Interesting, I thought that the more options we choose, the faster Jeep might build it, but I guess not.
Maybe the oppisite, the more you order the more that has to be there to complete it. In hindsight I wish I would have added a few things like half doors and the SOT. But i'm on the fence with the SOT and living in a changing climate state and how it seals and holds up. Not sure I would run the half doors unless I was traveling so weighing that all out I didn't add crap. I will add pleanty when it gets here and I get to drive it a little.

Good news is we’re starting to see some 24’s (non-392’s ) showing up on dealer lots.

Well at least my image uploaded today, still waiting patiently ish lol

Attachments

• IMG_1996.jpeg
    IMG_1996.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 20
Good news is we’re starting to see some 24’s (non-392’s ) showing up on dealer lots.
Did their status go to d1 on Jeep tracker? I’m still not convinced the website data is getting updated. One old canceled order still shows confirmed.

Did their status go to d1 on Jeep tracker? I’m still not convinced the website data is getting updated. One old canceled order still shows confirmed.
Cancelled doesn't always mean that it was truly cancelled, that vehicle may still be produced if not for the same customer.
Jeep tracker and all the various spinoffs are not always up to date. Hell even the dealerconnect is sometimes slow to refresh while in transit.

Cancelled doesn't always mean that it was truly cancelled, that vehicle may still be produced if not for the same customer.
Jeep tracker and all the various spinoffs are not always up to date. Hell even the dealerconnect is sometimes slow to refresh while in transit.
This one was canceled directly from the factory, I’m told, and has been in KZ or whatever it is for over a month. The new order has likewise been in C for a month on the site even though Jeep tells me it’s in D.

All of the trackers get the data from the various Jeep systems... they just scrape the data from Jeep, pretty it up, and show it to you all on one page. To my knowledge there are at least three Jeep systems. Vehicle tracking, window stickers, and build sheets.

The trackers have all been messed up lately. Knowing what I know about IT. I suspect that the data comes from Jeep's various internal inventory tracking systems, which were probably built a long time ago using a custom application... likely on some old IBM mainframe.

The data from that gets synced every night with the three customer facing systems for build tracking, window stickers, and build sheets.

If the nightly sync fails, then none of the customer facing systems get updated. there are likely several middleware implementations in-between that handle pushing the data around to the various systems... each is likely managed by a different team. If any of it fails due to changes (we're in the middle of a bunch of changes for the 20a and the 24s coming out) the trackers are thrown off.

Lastly the customer facing websites and their middleware are also subject to failing due to changes in the applications, security patches, or the data structure of the data being pulled, etc...

Then there are the trading sites, which run their own code, and make connections to the Jeep public facing data.. .any of that can break as well. I emailed one of the developers for an error that I uncovered... and he indicated that he was no longer maintaining the site, and offered to let me change the code to fix the issue myself, but I'm not much of a coder, so I passed. None of these tracking sites are making any money, so making it work 100% is not often a priority.

The bottom line is that the trackers are not the best setup.

Dealers, on the other hand, have more direct access to the relevant data for each of their customers. Their systems tie in directly with Jeeps order and tracking systems in real time (or something close to real time). This is why the dealer will see status updates before we will. But... the dealer systems are subject to some of the same woes as the customer facing ones.... it's just that Jeep has more motivation to keep the dealer network going, and less urgency to keep the customer facing stuff working. To them, the dealers are more important.

To prove my point... I've had my Jeep for 9 days now.... my tracker still only shows shipped... not delivered and the estimated delivery is in -19k days.... it also says my window sticker is not available.

I hope some of that mess above is helpful to someone. Where do I send my invoice for this infrastructure review? ;-)

1686226017745.png

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back