Metal cloak full skids for 392

Are any of you folks with the Metal Cloak skids using a ValvoMax or Fumoto? I am wondering about access.
There may be room for an extension but not a valve in my opinion

The access hole as I recall from adding check valves would be a tight fit

Attachments

• 20240426_084539.jpg
    20240426_084539.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 13
I thought the front diff skid didn't fit the 392? Have complete skid system except diff skids. Will order depending on what you have to say.

Mine gave the shop some trouble but they were able to get it done with use of spacers

Will take a picture tomorrow

Shop called MC and was told there were some variances in the diff casting on early 392 models like my 21 (covid parts) that made it tough to just mount up like the instructions state

Does the Magnaflow Rockcrawler exhaust have a quiet and loud mode, or is it just one mode?
Just one mode. I think quieter than open stock muffler but louder than closed stock muffler.
There may be room for an extension but not a valve in my opinion

The access hole as I recall from adding check valves would be a tight fit

The Fumoto valve fits easily with my metal cloak engine skid system.

1714203105796.png

I can't seem to hit my front diff hard enough to need a skid there and I am trying pretty hard...lol...

MC told me that their front diff skid would fit my 392. I wonder what is causing it not to fit?
The metal cloak differential skids fit perfectly on my 2022.
IMG_1976.jpeg
IMG_1968.jpeg

@Cali392JL can you show the driver side rear view of the front diff cover where the bolts are vertical on the side of the diff?

trying to compare to what my shop was forced to do to get it on.

@Cali392JL can you show the driver side rear view of the front diff cover where the bolts are vertical on the side of the diff?

trying to compare to what my shop was forced to do to get it on.
Here are a few pictures. On the driver side, you need to drill a hole through the differential cast iron gusset and bolt the skid through the whole you drilled. On the passenger side, it uses a clamp system that clamps onto one of the differential cast-iron gussets.
IMG_2167.jpeg
IMG_2168.jpeg
IMG_2170.jpeg

thanks, will share a shot of mine later tomorrow, however the plate was NOT shaped so it closed the gap onto the gusset....so my shop had to use spacers to fill it and bolt together.

Man o man I don’t like to be that guy but I am so here goes I would send that picture to MC and ask them to send you a new one that fits properly . In the meantime get a grade 8 button head bolt and replace that overly long bolt ditch the 2 spacers on top replace the needed spacers with thick grade 8 washers for more support on that diff. You don’t want to crack that flange that had to be drilled in to. That button head will slide better over rocks than that nut and bolt ever would . Any skid is better none . Ace hardware carries these bolts and washers fiber lock nuts ect. This is just what I would do .
Sorry not trying to be rude just wanting your Jeep to slide smoothly over the rocks and not get hung up

Man o man I don’t like to be that guy but I am so here goes I would send that picture to MC and ask them to send you a new one that fits properly . In the meantime get a grade 8 button head bolt and replace that overly long bolt ditch the 2 spacers on top replace the needed spacers with thick grade 8 washers for more support on that diff. You don’t want to crack that flange that had to be drilled in to. That button head will slide better over rocks than that nut and bolt ever would . Any skid is better none . Ace hardware carries these bolts and washers fiber lock nuts ect. This is just what I would do .
Sorry not trying to be rude just wanting your Jeep to slide smoothly over the rocks and not get hung up
Cali392’s skid seems to fit perfectly send MC that pic also

no totally had the same thought about relocating it so it was smooth on the bottom

I was listening to the call when the ship was in touch with MC directly.

Part number was correct, but additional info was mentioned about diff casting variances that had been noted from MC that were of issue for fitment.

This is the reason I used Metalcloak diff skids on my 2021 JLUR 2.0T, but changed to Next Venture diff skids on my 2022 392. My Metalcloak front diff skid fit just as poorly as Wizza's. The Next Venture skids are better designed, stronger, and fit perfectly. This problem has been around for years and Metalcloak hasn't fixed it. I agree it may be due to variences in the diff castings, but Next Venture and several other companies don't have this problem.

This is the reason I used Metalcloak diff skids on my 2021 JLUR 2.0T, but changed to Next Venture diff skids on my 2022 392. My Metalcloak front diff skid fit just as poorly as Wizza's. The Next Venture skids are better designed, stronger, and fit perfectly. This problem has been around for years and Metalcloak hasn't fixed it. I agree it may be due to variences in the diff castings, but Next Venture and several other companies don't have this problem.
That’s what I run on my 23 front and rear my neighbor has a 24 front fit perfectly rear not even close ever so slightly different casting. Metal cloak is making one for his 24 rear differential he is waiting it’s been about 4 weeks sense original was returned. Jeep has failed in QC. They just take parts from this that and the other and ship it out . We wait weeks for parts just to find out they don’t fit 👎😬🤬

That’s what I run on my 23 front and rear my neighbor has a 24 front fit perfectly rear not even close ever so slightly different casting. Metal cloak is making one for his 24 rear differential he is waiting it’s been about 4 weeks sense original was returned. Jeep has failed in QC. They just take parts from this that and the other and ship it out . We wait weeks for parts just to find out they don’t fit 👎😬🤬
The MC fit my 24 X rear diff with no problem.

It might come down to production dates and who supplied rear differential assembly. Next venture rear skid is almost a precision fit. It’s snug to say the least. And we are talking about two different companies. How ever the NV front skid fit the neighbors 24 perfectly. And MC skid didn’t but we are talking different year jeep

Back