Rubicon 20th Anniversary Edition Discussion

Thanks. When you get a chance, do you mind taking some pictures to show the part number of the front/rear springs? I’m really curious where this claimed 1/2” extra height comes from compared to the XR.

I swapped the LCAs with Mopar 2” LCAs recently and gained 1 degree caster angle. Considering the extra height of 20A, I’d be curious if the same LCA used, which means even less caster angle from factory.
Took this yesterday... it's the only part number I could see from where I was at. It's the drivers side rear spring...

IMG_2731.jpeg

Took this yesterday... it's the only part number I could see from where I was at. It's the drivers side rear spring...

View attachment 22373
Thanks for crawling under to get the pic! There should be a tag on the driver side front spring as well, it’s tucked and hard to notice. Obviously the 20A uses different springs, which makes me excited. I was thinking if I can buy the new OEM springs since I had considered the Clayton 392 performance coils seriously.

Attachments

• IMG_5344.jpeg
    IMG_5344.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5343.jpeg
    IMG_5343.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 15
Thanks for crawling under to get the pic! There should be a tag on the driver side front spring as well, it’s tucked and hard to notice. Obviously the 20A uses different springs, which makes me excited. I was thinking if I can buy the new OEM springs since I had considered the Clayton 392 performance coils seriously.
So... this is completely subjective.....

I was considering the Clayton coils. Then I ordered my 20a. I kept the bookmark for eh Claytons in my "mods" list..... but I do not think I'm going to buy them now.

Why?

Because this thing rides FIRM. Like seriously nicer than any lifted-on-35s Jeep should ever be.
So nice that I do not want to screw it up.

I'll see if I can grab the front spring numbers.

This is about the best I could do... this is the front drivers side. The passenger side tab is deep in the spring bucket. I even tries to tear them off and couldn't. They must make those tags out of kevlar or something.

IMG_2745.jpg

looks like the same spring as previous years
FC3EF369-A51B-48AC-9B2D-46D8E1D27E21.png
FB7E42B6-1189-477B-B400-F35357271D48.png

I went back and took these... I do not remember there being all of these parts on my old 392... maybe they were there and I just didn't notice though.

some sort of elastomer spring dampening deal on the end of the coil, plus a two part red and gray bump stop.... ?

IMG_2746.jpg
IMG_2747.jpg

If the 20A truly has a 1/2” “lift“ over a non-20A XR, and the springs are the same, not sure how they are achieving said lift…

Can’t imagine that they would put taller body mount spacers on the 20A, resulting in a small body lift.

Last edited:
I went back and took these... I do not remember there being all of these parts on my old 392... maybe they were there and I just didn't notice though.

some sort of elastomer spring dampening deal on the end of the coil, plus a two part red and gray bump stop.... ?

View attachment 22398View attachment 22399
My 22 non-XR has all that extra plastic on the spring as well but the coils look closer together and it has a different part number for the front spring. Need someone with a previous XR to chime in and compare all the numbers.
59587CF5-EE5D-478E-8250-5BF0E760C690.jpeg

21226E15-26FB-427D-A400-37A6E2319128.jpeg

So... this is completely subjective.....

I was considering the Clayton coils. Then I ordered my 20a. I kept the bookmark for eh Claytons in my "mods" list..... but I do not think I'm going to buy them now.

Why?

Because this thing rides FIRM. Like seriously nicer than any lifted-on-35s Jeep should ever be.
So nice that I do not want to screw it up.

I'll see if I can grab the front spring numbers.
I’m very happy for you that you like the 20A! I love my 22 XR and am not ready to lift it since it drives so good. I did some off road trail yesterday, not hard, this thing handled so well. A bit taller will be great.

If the 20A truly has a 1/2” “lift“ over a non-20A XR, and the springs are the same, not sure how they are achieving said lift…

Can’t imagine that they would put taller body mount spacers on them.
The springs are different numbers. At least my 22 XR shows different tags. I just couldn’t find any more info in terms of the height, weight, compress rate …

I would guess the 20A has higher rated springs.

View attachment 22373
Awesome data. Thanks for posting ! Curious about the shock numbers as well.

Here is a posted picture of the XR shocks and springs part numbers from take off parts for sale.

Attachments

• IMG_4575.png
    IMG_4575.png
    415.7 KB · Views: 15

View attachment 22398View attachment 22399
What would be super helpful is to measure from the ground, through the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender extension flap on the front and rear. Should be between 41.5 and 42.0 inches.

What would be super helpful is to measure from the ground, through the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender extension flap on the front and rear. Should be between 41.5 and 42.0 inches.
Ummm. I did this a few pages back...

Ummm. I did this a few pages back...

Apologies. I confused you with another member with a 20A. Would love to see more measurements like you posted from others for a data base. Something is definitely making the 20A taller than a Recon by roughly 11/16 based on the 2023 I measured. But the springs seem to be the same part number. Mystery.

My 23 went into production October 15 and was in I status until the last week of December. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes...didn't think inspection would take two months. Some jeeps get through I in a few days it seems. *shrug*
Just wondering if you took delivery of your 20A yet as I know we have similar vehicles and production release dates…..My 20A was just pushed last night to TBD after being in production for 36 days - My dealer showed me on the FCA screen that my vehicle is still in JB and there are no other notes. Just curious what you are experiencing ✌️

Just wondering if you took delivery of your 20A yet as I know we have similar vehicles and production release dates…..My 20A was just pushed last night to TBD after being in production for 36 days - My dealer showed me on the FCA screen that my vehicle is still in JB and there are no other notes. Just curious what you are experiencing ✌️
Haven't contacted my dealer, but mine went TBD as well. It's the same thing that happened with that '23 I was talking about. Been in E for 43 days.

Haven't contacted my dealer, but mine went TBD as well. It's the same thing that happened with that '23 I was talking about. Been in E for 43 days.
Much Appreciated - Looks like we are in the same boat - Hopefully they will get the remainder of the 20A’s finished up and shipped out in the next 30 to 45 days - I am sure they want the invoicing.

71 days in E

Back