Rubicon 20th Anniversary Edition Discussion

I hope you're right, brother! It was nice to finally see it come through, but if it took that long for a non-AEV, I can't imagine why it wouldn't take longer for the AEV's. It seems like the whole thing was a logistical nightmare and the dealers were left in the dark... which is not surprising, and not unique to Stella.

The same nonsense is happening right now with the Cadillac Lyriq orders. I have 2 2023s ordered since last May and they just now told the dealers that they won't be making any more 2023s, so they have to convert all of our orders to 2024s... and we have to RECONFIGURE them! What a cluster...
Are you at least price protected?

There is a bunch of mayhem going on with Broncos. Some of those folks have been waiting since 2020. Ford said this is the last time they are price protecting since some people have resubmitted their orders 2 or 3 times at this point with price protection. Then Ford hit them all with constraint order changes. Anyone with Sas pkg, hard top, or wildtrak trim could keep their orders, but they would be less likely to be built this year (and then lose price protection). "You waited three years for a hardtop wildtrak Sasquatch bronco. Well, now if you want a better chance of it being build, switch all of those out and you might get one still price protected".

Those are three of the most arguably sought after things too for Broncos.
 
Last edited:
Are you at least price protected?

There is a bunch of mayhem going on with Broncos. Some of those folks have been waiting since 2020. Ford said this is the last time they are price protecting since some people have resubmitted their orders 2 or 3 times at this point with price protection.
They say we are, but I've yet to receive the official communication from Cadillac. They are also supposedly giving all of the initial buyers some sort of "coupon" to keep our pricing the same or even lower since the 24s actually have completely different options configurations. They say they are going ot make it "worth the wait" since we were the early adopters... It's a big PITA, but honestly, I don't care that much about the cars. They're not nearly as exciting as the Mopars I have on order. :LOL:
 
Mine does as well. Been checking way too much today. lol.

Anyway more about the AEV ordering process:

This is the screen that the dealer/salesperson posted on FB:
comp.jpg

This is the flyer the dealers got. My dealer had a copy printed off for me at time of order:
aev.jpg

This is one of the three forms that were in the 'daily news and hot information' somewhere:
form.jpg



Based on what I can tell from the flyer and the form, the dealers are netting a little over 2k or so from the upfit, assuming that the 900 charge with the order is for transportation 'logistics' costs.
 
Last edited:
Mine does as well. Been checking way too much today. lol.

Anyway more about the AEV ordering process:

This is the screen that the dealer/salesperson posted on FB:
View attachment 18084

This is the flyer the dealers got. My dealer had a copy printed off for me at time of order:
View attachment 18085

This is one of the three forms that were in the 'daily news and hot information' somewhere:
View attachment 18086



Based on what I can tell from the flyer and the form, the dealers are netting a little over 2k or so from the upfit, assuming that the 900 charge with the order is for transportation 'logistics' costs.
Here's hoping you got yours in. Man... I just can't see that being worth $21K extra, but different strokes for different folks! I hope you get it and you LOVE it as much as I already love my '22 XR!
 
It's a tough pill to swallow. I'm having a milestone birthday this year, so if I get in on an AEV build, I keep telling myself it's for my birthday. :LOL:

If I don't, then it's not as big of a trade up from my current '23 (which only has 270 miles on it) to a regular 20A.

I haven't even enjoyed my 392 fully since it's not even out of break in period yet.
 
It's a tough pill to swallow. I'm having a milestone birthday this year, so if I get in on an AEV build, I keep telling myself it's for my birthday. :LOL:

If I don't, then it's not as big of a trade up from my current '23 (which only has 270 miles on it) to a regular 20A.
Definitely no judgment here! And Happy Birthday! I have made plenty of purchases that other people would not have (heck, the 392XR alone has caused WARS on this forum becuase it's such a "terrible waste" according to some members... lol). We won't stoke that fire any more for now. :)
 
Are you at least price protected?

There is a bunch of mayhem going on with Broncos. Some of those folks have been waiting since 2020. Ford said this is the last time they are price protecting since some people have resubmitted their orders 2 or 3 times at this point with price protection. Then Ford hit them all with constraint order changes. Anyone with Sas pkg, hard top, or wildtrak trim could keep their orders, but they would be less likely to be built this year (and then lose price protection). "You waited three years for a hardtop wildtrak Sasquatch bronco. Well, now if you want a better chance of it being build, switch all of those out and you might get one still price protected".

Those are three of the most arguably sought after things too for Broncos.
I'm one of those unfortunate people still waiting for a Bronco. I had a day 1 First Edition reservation...never built...converted to a "golden ticket" Bronco Raptor. Was #2 in line last year and missed out on an allocation. I'm supposed to be first in line for the 2023 allocation...still waiting. In the meantime, the build has gone up in price +$5K and +2500 so $+7500 since I got my Raptor "golden ticket".

Pretty much giving up on the Bronco Raptor and glad to get VIN on my 20A 392. Fingers crossed this experience with Jeep is better than Ford.
 
It's a tough pill to swallow. I'm having a milestone birthday this year, so if I get in on an AEV build, I keep telling myself it's for my birthday. :LOL:

If I don't, then it's not as big of a trade up from my current '23 (which only has 270 miles on it) to a regular 20A.

I haven't even enjoyed my 392 fully since it's not even out of break in period yet.
BTW - I love the Jeep in your avatar. I had a 1994 Pearlstone Sahara with the olive soft top and 1/2 doors. I loved that Jeep. Would love to find another one like it..just not beat to hell. :)
 
I'm one of those unfortunate people still waiting for a Bronco. I had a day 1 First Edition reservation...never built...converted to a "golden ticket" Bronco Raptor. Was #2 in line last year and missed out on an allocation. I'm supposed to be first in line for the 2023 allocation...still waiting. In the meantime, the build has gone up in price +$5K and +2500 so $+7500 since I got my Raptor "golden ticket".

Pretty much giving up on the Bronco Raptor and glad to get VIN on my 20A 392. Fingers crossed this experience with Jeep is better than Ford.
It's a bummer to hear about your Braptor order. That being said, the 20A 392 is a great consolation prize.
 
I'm one of those unfortunate people still waiting for a Bronco. I had a day 1 First Edition reservation...never built...converted to a "golden ticket" Bronco Raptor. Was #2 in line last year and missed out on an allocation. I'm supposed to be first in line for the 2023 allocation...still waiting. In the meantime, the build has gone up in price +$5K and +2500 so $+7500 since I got my Raptor "golden ticket".

Pretty much giving up on the Bronco Raptor and glad to get VIN on my 20A 392. Fingers crossed this experience with Jeep is better than Ford.
Everything about Jeep is better than Ford. You’ll be fine. In fact, you’re better off now. These 392s are more fun than should be legal!
 
I'm one of those unfortunate people still waiting for a Bronco. I had a day 1 First Edition reservation...never built...converted to a "golden ticket" Bronco Raptor. Was #2 in line last year and missed out on an allocation. I'm supposed to be first in line for the 2023 allocation...still waiting. In the meantime, the build has gone up in price +$5K and +2500 so $+7500 since I got my Raptor "golden ticket".

Pretty much giving up on the Bronco Raptor and glad to get VIN on my 20A 392. Fingers crossed this experience with Jeep is better than Ford.
I had a day one first edition order as well. Mine was built and delivered in Nov 2021 to the dealer. The stealership wouldn't honor my deposit (despite having my cc statement saying they had my money). After some back and forth, the db said he wasn't going to sell it to me, and he didn't.

I waited a little over a year and just picked up a used one with 8k miles in pristine condition (and blend date and engine build date both after the faulty valve thing).

I'm loving it so far. It's my winter daily driver. More comfortable inside and better road manners than a wrangler...but not nearly as FUN as a 392.

Needless to say, when it needs to go to the dealer, it goes to the dealership next town over, not to the local db who screwed me over.
 
Last edited:
BTW - I love the Jeep in your avatar. I had a 1994 Pearlstone Sahara with the olive soft top and 1/2 doors. I loved that Jeep. Would love to find another one like it..just not beat to hell. :)
If I ever let it go, I'll keep you in mind. I put about $40k into resurrecting it, so it's in pretty good shape. In need of a paint job again soon though since the dipwad I got to paint it when I was doing everything half assed it.
 
My 392 20A was ordered on Wednesday 2/15 and I received an email yesterday with the accepted order number by Jeep along with the VIN Number - Could not have been easier - Hope the rest of the process goes as well - Did not go for the AEV Option
 
My 392 20A was ordered on Wednesday 2/15 and I received an email yesterday with the accepted order number by Jeep along with the VIN Number - Could not have been easier - Hope the rest of the process goes as well - Did not go for the AEV Option
Congrats! So that proves all that stuff about order banks being shut down after 10 minutes or on Saturday are pretty much not true.
 
Thank You - I was at the dealership on Saturday and we ran the configuration preview order for the vehicle at 1:16 PM and the order bank was open with no issue whatsoever - I decided to wait and pulled the trigger on Wednesday morning when my order was officially released. One day for Jeep to acknowledge the order and provide the VIN - Hope the rest of the process goes this well - Good Luck to you - I hope you get the build you desire with the AEV - BTW I also selected the SOT Top and Nappa - All good so far 👍
 
Congrats! So that proves all that stuff about order banks being shut down after 10 minutes or on Saturday are pretty much not true.
Some serous funny business going on here for sure. My Feb.10 1:06PM eastern order did not go through. Dealer still insists they were all sold out.
 
Some serous funny business going on here for sure. My Feb.10 1:06PM eastern order did not go through. Dealer still insists they were all sold out.
Sure sounds like BS to me based on my experience
 
Some serous funny business going on here for sure. My Feb.10 1:06PM eastern order did not go through. Dealer still insists they were all sold out.
I think you have sufficient evidence to refute that, my friend. My previous post, in combination with this one should be enough. I clearly put my order in after you and as you can see, mine went through. Did you have a deposit? Not that it should matter if the dealer has integrity, but it could matter in a breach of contract claim.

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 2.53.28 PM.webp
 
Agree, your dealer seems like they're trying to pull a fast one on you.

Well, you have a VON connected to your order.

I've ordered three 392s over the last year. I only took delivery of one.

However, I ordered one beginning of last June when banks opened up. I re-ordered to change color. Soon after the dealer sold that order to someone else since I was no longer taking it. That probably happened around August or so (when I think they sold the reservation to someone else). Either way, I had the VON (and then VIN) and could follow the build on the tracker.

Funny aside, that June order ended up at my dealer the same week as my August order (which I took delivery of).

You should be able to do the same since you have a VON. Track your order. You'll at least be able to tell if they are lying to you or not. As far as I know, they can't switch out the name and VON of a sold order once it's entered. They may be expecting you to give up and not follow your build, then get the jeep you ordered and sell it to someone else at ADM.

Sorry man, it shouldn't be this stressful to just get the jeep you want, and deserve. You got your order in before I did as well. Granted I don't have a VIN yet either though. But my dealer isn't pulling that stuff on me. They just sent me my corrected final price invoice today (my order, like yours probably, originally went in without the price on the 20A package even though it showed the 27T package on the POC).

Are you sure the dealer doesn't just mean AEV build? I forget if you told us earlier in the thread if you were going for AEV build or not.

See my Bronco story above. Unfortunately the way this works, the automaker produces the auto, then 'sells' it to the dealer. Thus, while the dealer has possession of it, they can pretty much do with it what they please. After the Ford dealership sold out from under me, I called Ford several times. It was always "Duly noted, we'll make a note in our records that it happened, kthx have a good day"

You have a deposit down so you may have some type of recourse. But that's not to say they don't try to ADM it on you either.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top