redbeard719's 392 build...

I went with this one:

I also recommend the drain adapter kit and the snap on cover.

Just ordered all three parts so I can have an easier, cleaner oil change next time. I'm anxious to try it out, but have fresh oil right now.

Small items getting done lately. Nothing major or time consuming at this point, but I do have some of that on the horizon.

The XG Cargo Stealth Gama bags finally came in this week. I ordered them on 1/1/24... Fit is perfect, no rattles and the bags can be removed easily enough from the frames if desired. Even the frame is only attached with a single screw. No cutting on any trim pieces. These bags give quite a bit of extra storage, and are so far back that they're not in the field of view at all.

IMG_0778.jpeg

IMG_0779.jpeg

And then I started in on the SwitchWorks Alpha12 install. I had to move my CMM mirror mounts from the top to the bottom of the grab bar handles to accommodate the extra ball mount. The switch bank is attached with the smallest 67 Designs arm fitted up with a 1" ball on one end (to the switch bank bracket) and a 20mm ball on the other end (to the CMM ball).

One single wire runs discreetly into the dash, and will pass through the firewall grommet to then connect to the main brain, which will live somewhere under the hood.

IMG_0782.jpeg

IMG_0783.jpeg

And I finally started in on the wiring for the cowl-mounted LP4s. With the SwitchWorks, I rebuilt the harness from BD. Using a fish tape, I was able to pass the wire through the conduit at the top of the firewall without having to try taking it apart.

IMG_0774.jpeg

IMG_0775.jpeg

Last edited:
Small items getting done lately. Nothing major or time consuming at this point, but I do have some of that on the horizon.

The XG Cargo Stealth Gamma bags finally came in this week. I ordered them on 1/1/24... Fit is perfect, no rattles and the bags can be removed easily enough from the frames if desired. Even the frame is only attached with a single screw. No cutting on any trim pieces. These bags give quite a bit of extra storage, and are so far back that they're not in the field of view at all.

View attachment 33263

View attachment 33264

And then I started in on the SwitchWorks Alpha12 install. I had to move my CMM mirror mounts from the top to the bottom of the grab bar handles to accommodate the extra ball mount. The switch bank is attached with the smallest 67 Designs arm fitted up with a 1" ball on one end (to the switch bank bracket) and a 20mm ball on the other end (to the CMM ball).

One single wire runs discreetly into the dash, and will pass through the firewall grommet to then connect to the main brain, which will live somewhere under the hood.

View attachment 33265

View attachment 33266

And I finally started in on the wiring for the cowl-mounted LP4s. With the SwitchWorks, I rebuilt the harness from BD. Using a fish tape, I was able to pass the wire through the conduit at the top of the firewall without having to try taking it apart.

View attachment 33267

View attachment 33268
Where did you get the XG Gamma Stealth bags from? I've seen issues with finding those in stock.

Where did you get the XG Gamma Stealth bags from? I've seen issues with finding those in stock.
I bought them directly from XG Cargo. Looking at their site today, they're sold out again. I guess I just happened to get lucky and submitted my order as a backorder option? I ordered them on 1/1/24 and they just arrived on 3/20/24. If you can get in on a backorder deal, I do think they're worth it.

The Stealth series comes with the waterproof bag, the internal hard-bag, and the bags themselves are a little more water resistant. The bonus is that all of the stitching is black too. I really didn't want the Adventure bags mostly because of the accent color on the stitching.

I bought them directly from XG Cargo. Looking at their site today, they're sold out again. I guess I just happened to get lucky and submitted my order as a backorder option? I ordered them on 1/1/24 and they just arrived on 3/20/24. If you can get in on a backorder deal, I do think they're worth it.

The Stealth series comes with the waterproof bag, the internal hard-bag, and the bags themselves are a little more water resistant. The bonus is that all of the stitching is black too. I really didn't want the Adventure bags mostly because of the accent color on the stitching.
Much appreciated! I see Quadtratec has them, but leads me to wonder if that's accurate or not.

Awesome build by the way!

The past couple days/week have been productive. I installed the 2024 grille from Distinction Applied. Before it went on I had it done with PPF and ceramic coating. Replacing the grille meant I had to remove the bumper and winch. It was so much fun!

IMG_0838.jpeg

I also installed my second set of Baja Designs LP4 combo lights onto the bumper, underneath the Maximus-3 triple hoop. They're as far back as possible, and no not protrude out past the front of the bumper.

IMG_0840.jpeg

IMG_0841.jpeg

The last big thing I've been trying to noodle out has been the SSV Works SwitchWorks Alpha 12 switch bank.

The main unit - I needed to figure out a place for it under the hood. I explored several ideas, but in the end I contacted Baja Designs to see if I could buy the mounting bracket for the Spod that they sell for the 392. They sold it with the condition that it was a final sale - it wasn't cheap and it HAD to work or I would have the sads! 🤣

It arrived yesterday and it's not only a perfect fit to the Jeep, but for the SwitchWorks unit too. I added some rubber padding under the mounting points to protect my fender paint and drilled out the mounting holes for the unit. It's steel so I did touch up the fresh holes with some Rust-o-leum paint.

Now I await Amazon to deliver the 3m Adhesion Promoter. The SwitchWorks unit is about 2.5" longer than the bracket - I'll attach one end with hardware and the other end will be secured with 3M VHB tape for peace of mind. It definitely won't go anywhere once it's finished up. The Spod bracket is very solid and even has a supporting leg that extends downward to attach to the ABS module mounting bracket. I'm so pleased with this set up and don't foresee any issues.

IMG_0875.jpeg

IMG_0874.jpeg

I finished up the SwitchWorks Alpha12 install this weekend. I gotta say, I'm really happy with this solution for extra switches.

The Alpha12 has 6 low output circuits and 6 high output circuits. The unit allows you to change the behaviors of each switch (momentary, latching, strobe, ignition, battery, etc), and you can also link several outputs into one switch. For example, if you wanted separate switches for two different sets of lights you can do that - but you can also program a button to activate all lights at once.

To keep the clutter under the hood to a minimum, I removed the extra pigtails that aren't yet in use and used cavity plugs to seal those holes on each of the connectors. Right now, I only have my Warn winch solenoid trigger and the Diode Dynamics Offroad lights (the ones built into the DD Elite Max Headlights) hooked up.

The SwitchWorks app (Windows PC only) allows you to customize the icons on the switches. For each custom icon, you can choose the on and off images separately.

The Alpha12 comes with a 100a inline fuse for the 4AWG power line. I decided to replace that with a Blue Sea 100A circuit breaker - this way I can cut all power easily, while still having the protection of a 100A breaker.

IMG_0913.jpeg

IMG_0914.jpeg

IMG_0911.jpeg

That looks great and very nice install. I would really love to have some expansion so I could switch things separately as I’m all out of AUX switches lol

That looks great and very nice install. I would really love to have some expansion so I could switch things separately as I’m all out of AUX switches lol
I hear that. This allowed me to change things up a little bit. I hated the giant Maxi-fuses on the ARB harness. So I removed those and brought the wiring back into the cab for the ARB twin compressor. It's hooked up to Aux1/2, since those are both 40A switches.

So I have two em aux switches left, and then the Alpha12. What I really like about it is that it's got actual buttons. It's not another touchscreen or controlled with a phone app via bluetooth. Actual buttons are what sold me. If you're thinking about adding extra switches, the Alpha12 is definitely worth considering.

I’ve had the full Goose Gear Stealth platform since late last August. I finally got around to installing it today. It’s no surprise it’s made from birch plywood, but the quality is outstanding. As it should be, considering the price!

I’m glad to have a nice flat deck in the back for gear and my two golden retrievers. The DirtyDog cargo liner will still fit really well and now I won’t lose all the storage under the seats by having them folded down.

It’s just my wife and I - the dogs are the only back seat riders. No need for those rear seats for us!

IMG_0936.jpeg

IMG_0937.jpeg

Back