Power Steering HOT Warning?

Did you set it up to run two wheel drive ? Or did it set itself up?
Clutches get hot and your front wheels quit pulling. Same problem as this guy.

I got the Power Steering Hot error yesterday while crawling in the desert with a local club. The trail was technical, slow going and required maximum articulation. This is a 2024 with AEV 3" High Capacity lift, rolling on 37" MT BB A/Ts.

The error went away after the trail got a bit easier and was able to speed up a bit.

Never got this error before and I'd like it to remain so, so am evaluating between the electric fan or the APEX cooler. Since I wheel a lot in dusty conditions, I'm

With 37" tires and much off-roading, I'd look into PSC electric pump upgrade system.

Did you set it up to run two wheel drive ? Or did it set itself up?
I did not KNOWINGLY do it. Several times it's switched on me.... mostly from 2wd back to 4 auto, but twice I'm sure it went into force 2wd, once leaving me really confused that I did not have 4wd in low range.

With the Tazer, you can navigate to the Audio dash menu, then hold the left arrow and press the cruise button to get into the Tazer menu, and the cancel button to cycle through the options, once you get to "force 2wd" you hit the cruise button to toggle it.

You can also remap a button to do this without digging through the menus, but I've never done that.

At first I thought maybe the Botton mapping was a default and I was just accidentally toggling it without knowing, but on one occasion, I actually noticed the 4auto light coming back on (it commonly flickers on and off, but this time stayed on) and I was sitting still doing nothing and used no buttons. So I KNOW it did it by itself, but it happens very rarely.

I unmarried the Tazer and still had no 4WD in 4Lo. Front axle would not pull the tires.

I did not KNOWINGLY do it. Several times it's switched on me.... mostly from 2wd back to 4 auto, but twice I'm sure it went into force 2wd, once leaving me really confused that I did not have 4wd in low range.

With the Tazer, you can navigate to the Audio dash menu, then hold the left arrow and press the cruise button to get into the Tazer menu, and the cancel button to cycle through the options, once you get to "force 2wd" you hit the cruise button to toggle it.

You can also remap a button to do this without digging through the menus, but I've never done that.

At first I thought maybe the Botton mapping was a default and I was just accidentally toggling it without knowing, but on one occasion, I actually noticed the 4auto light coming back on (it commonly flickers on and off, but this time stayed on) and I was sitting still doing nothing and used no buttons. So I KNOW it did it by itself, but it happens very rarely.
Thanks

So, 4K on the Jeep 392. While driving on the highway this week I start to notice a change in how the steering wheel felt. Eventually, the Jeep began to periodically flash "Power Steering System Hot...." and it would disappear. The performance of the steering wheel pretty much went down to no power steering all of the sudden and the warning remained. I got the Jeep down the road without power steering but it was like being in the 50's driving a tank. I've let it cool for a day and it is still showing the warning and zero power steering. Fluid level looks fine. Anyone else seem to have this issue? I noticed the steering wheel would quickly freeze one or twice in a parking lot, thought it was just a fluke a month earlier, but then this event occurred while driving and for what seems permanently. Anyone, else had a steering issue?

View attachment 2394I did on mine a few months ago, it stayed on for 3 minutes and went away. I took it to the dealership and told them about it. They scanned it and did not find anything wrong with it, but those guys mostly don't know ISH about anything and wouldn't trust them. good thing it just went away on its own.

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back