Arrived looking like $@!£

does the spare tire fit okay on the stock mount?
I'm not sure, but I think the 392 comes with the Mopar reinforced rear door hinge system, but in addition to that the dealership added the Mopar large tire mount and the taller center brake light to accommodate the 35's - however based on what I see, nothing bigger then a 35 would fit.

Curious if any of you other guys have had any issues with your jeep when it arrives. Mine arrived with a sticker on the door said that it was randomly chosen to be test driven for 60 miles...
Got it home, started going three things and found the carpet on the driver side was extremely dirty (won’t even vacuum out) and the front end was absolutely filthy underneath, even with some rust already starting.
Photos attached.
Have to wonder if mine was one of the ones that went to Moab???
That’s ridiculous for a 80K new vehicle!

YES!!!!! Exactly the same!!! Rust all over and mud caked underneath! Engine bay looks like it’s about 5 years old!
Honestly, I’m thinking about returning it!
I’m a little surprised the dealer delivered it this way even if they received it in that condition. Most dealers have a PDI process to make sure vehicle is ready for delivery.

I have seen 2 at my dealer. Only checked the 2nd one for mileage @7. Both super clean in, out and underneath. Hoping mine arrives in that condition.

I'm not sure, but I think the 392 comes with the Mopar reinforced rear door hinge system, but in addition to that the dealership added the Mopar large tire mount and the taller center brake light to accommodate the 35's - however based on what I see, nothing bigger then a 35 would fit.
In my case with the reinforced rear door option, the 33" standard spare tire barely fits in the space carved out in the top of the stock rear bumper for the bottom of the tire.

YES!!!!! Exactly the same!!! Rust all over and mud caked underneath! Engine bay looks like it’s about 5 years old!
Honestly, I’m thinking about returning it!
Looking at the photos gives me great concern regarding the condition of some of these vehicles. Don't know what the resolve could be other than contacting jeep through jeep.com and lodging a complaint. I have to say, since I am somewhat annul about my vehicles as I thing most of us are, and wanting them in pristine condition on delivery is paramount in the purchasing and delivery process. I think the dealers should also be concerned about the issue. Makes me wonder about quality control and just how much abuse these vehicles encounter.

Looking at the photos gives me great concern regarding the condition of some of these vehicles. Don't know what the resolve could be other than contacting jeep through jeep.com and lodging a complaint. I have to say, since I am somewhat annul about my vehicles as I thing most of us are, and wanting them in pristine condition on delivery is paramount in the purchasing and delivery process. I think the dealers should also be concerned about the issue. Makes me wonder about quality control and just how much abuse these vehicles encounter.
My dealer shared his thought with me on this issue and believes all of the concerning issues happen when the Jeep is in the hands of the shipper or at their storage waiting for transport.

My dealer shared his thought with me on this issue and believes all of the concerning issues happen when the Jeep is in the hands of the shipper or at their storage waiting for transport.
Scary thought thinking that the shipper has the latitude to over drive the unit. Do hope that is not the case, as you can imagine how they drive the vehicles.

Curious if any of you other guys have had any issues with your jeep when it arrives. Mine arrived with a sticker on the door said that it was randomly chosen to be test driven for 60 miles...
Got it home, started going three things and found the carpet on the driver side was extremely dirty (won’t even vacuum out) and the front end was absolutely filthy underneath, even with some rust already starting.
Photos attached.
Have to wonder if mine was one of the ones that went to Moab???
🤬 not cool at all

The AEV rear bumper and tire carrier work on the JL. Thats the one Im going with.

Attachments

• IMG_7590.JPG
    IMG_7590.JPG
    253.4 KB · Views: 189
Agree with all of the comments above… However, shouldn't this particular vehicle be able to withstand sand, mud, etc.? I'm somewhat concerned about the durability of the parts.

The MOPAR Spare tire Relocation Kit works well with the factory steel bumper in accommodating a 37" tire and wheel assembly. However, 40" tires most likely won't fit though.
tempImage5uPR95.png
tempImagehYx0OJ.png

Last edited:
The MOPAR Spare tire Relocation Kit works well with the factory steel bumper in accommodating a 37" tire and wheel assembly. However, 40" tires most likely won't fit though.View attachment 2155View attachment 2156
I wonder if I will need it for 35's? If I do I will probably go with Teraflex as its only a little more than the Mopar and I like it better.

I wonder if I will need it for 35's? If I do I will probably go with Teraflex as its only a little more than the Mopar and I like it better.

I had my dealer trade-in my 33" tires for 35" on all 5 OEM wheels. They mounted the spare back on the stock mount, with the stock brake light, etc. and it all fit. The plastic holding the brake light is a little tweaked, but it still looks fine.

Attachments

• C235D3B9-DB33-4187-900E-5EC82EAE23A2.jpeg
    C235D3B9-DB33-4187-900E-5EC82EAE23A2.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 109
I had my dealer trade-in my 33" tires for 35" on all 5 OEM wheels. They mounted the spare back on the stock mount, with the stock brake light, etc. and it all fit. The plastic holding the brake light is a little tweaked, but it still looks fine.
Thanks! I have those exact tires on my LJ and love them. Trying to figure out if I want something more aggressive for the 392

Why not have them detail it and get it to "new" condition? If it was so bad why would you accept it to begin with?

I wonder if people who work at the storage place are borrowing peoples cars or if its the dealers personnel. Regardless, the cars should be cleaned and delivered in new condition.

Scary thought thinking that the shipper has the latitude to over drive the unit. Do hope that is not the case, as you can imagine how they drive the vehicles.

They dont, shipper has to log miles and condition before loading as they dont want to be responsible for damage or potential issues.

When I purchased my 392 I had dealer sign letter that 392 would not be driven. And a copy of inspection report showing mileage when it came off train. (8.2 miles) and pre inspection report when it comes off car carrier (8.3miles). When I took delivery 8.4 miles on 392. So no curious salesman etc taking it for ride a full rpm etc!!

Back