Wrangler 392 Runs 12 Second 1/4 Mile STOCK!

Shockerracing

Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Rides
Wrangler 392, Gladiator, JLUR
We took the 392 Wrangler up to Great Lakes Dragway last night and we were shocked at how fast this thing is!!! We were hoping to match the 13.0 that Jeep claims but we actually cracked into the 12's on multiple runs!!! The only thing holding it back from being even faster is the 99 mph top speed!

Check out the video here:

We took the 392 Wrangler up to Great Lakes Dragway last night and we were shocked at how fast this thing is!!! We were hoping to match the 13.0 that Jeep claims but we actually cracked into the 12's on multiple runs!!! The only thing holding it back from being even faster is the 99 mph top speed!

That is impressive!!! And to think of the potential it still has...unreal!

That is impressive!!! And to think of the potential it still has...unreal!
It really is incredible, I knew it felt fast but didn’t really expect 12’s out of it!

Did you run the stock 33's? Any idea what it would do with 35's on it?

So much for the break in....I saw where either MotorTrend or CarandDriver magazine ran 4.2 0-60, I guess you weren’t measuring that. The one video where the 392 and the TRX drag raced was inaccurate because the Jeep had the top half way open. Close the top and 392 probably beats it. Keep the videos coming, I’m not obsessed enough waiting on mine.

So much for the break in....I saw where either MotorTrend or CarandDriver magazine ran 4.2 0-60, I guess you weren’t measuring that. The one video where the 392 and the TRX drag raced was inaccurate because the Jeep had the top half way open. Close the top and 392 probably beats it. Keep the videos coming, I’m not obsessed enough waiting on mine.
Unfortunately, I didn’t test the 0-60

WOW! That's just insane! Looks like you had a blast. Talk about the a versatile vehicle. Rock crawler, family hauler, cruiser, and drag car!
For sure! I want to get it back there and adjust the speed limiter but I just mounted 37’s on the stock wheels yesterday! 😬

So when is someone going to come up with a tune for this vehicle that is everyday user friendly??
Yeah, even something as basic as a Hypertech or Superchips tuner would help.

Wonderful video. You guys do a very good job with audio and video. Keep it up!
Something similar; I took my AMG GTS to the track, a last minute decision. Tried to find racing fuel from other racers, no one had any. They all thought here is an old farts car. Made one pass, cut a 40 light; not bad having not raced in twenty years: Turned 11.25 at 127 mph. Went back to the pits, and now everyone had racing fuel. They all wanted to see another run. Go figure! WAS FUN!

Wonderful video. You guys do a very good job with audio and video. Keep it up!
Something similar; I took my AMG GTS to the track, a last minute decision. Tried to find racing fuel from other racers, no one had any. They all thought here is an old farts car. Made one pass, cut a 40 light; not bad having not raced in twenty years: Turned 11.25 at 127 mph. Went back to the pits, and now everyone had racing fuel. They all wanted to see another run. Go figure! WAS FUN!
Thank you, it’s been a challenging learning curve figuring out the audio and video stuff so I appreciate you mentioning it.

Thats a fun story hearing about your AMG at the track! It’s always fun when you catch people off guard!

So when is someone going to come up with a tune for this vehicle that is everyday user friendly??

I saw this:​

2021 JEEP WRANGLER 392 RUBICON 6.4L TUNER WITH PCM UNLOCK

2021 JEEP WRANGLER 392 RUBICON 6.4L TUNER ONLY

“The Jeep Wrangler is a timeless vehicle with amazing capabilities right off of the showroom floor. With the release of the JL version starting in 2018, many improvements that customers were longing for were made, but one area that they still left room for improvement in was the engine. While we offer amazing gains on the 3.6L Pentastar with our tuner, there really is no replacement for displacement. So after years (more like decades) of customers asking for a V8 in a Wrangler, Jeep finally delivered! Well, this provided us with an amazing opportunity to make what is good even better! First to market with performance enhancing calibrations, our new MyCalibrator performance tuning device is available exclusively from Livernois Motorsports for your 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392. With our performance tuning, we are able to gain nearly 35HP at the tires with the use of 93 octane fuel!

Features:

Gains of over 30hp on your otherwise stock vehicle when used with 93 octane fuel
Custom tuning via Livernois Motorsports (Device stores stock + Custom Tunes)
Multiple octane compatibility options for increased horsepower & torque
Dyno proven air/fuel adjustments
Transmission modifications with reduced torque management and modified shift points/firmness available
Live View Gauges
Datalogging capable
Enhanced throttle response
Tow specific tunes available

Tire/Gear adjustments for speedometer correction
Raised top speed limiter
Read/Clear (DTC) Codes”

Last edited:
I have been using Off-road + driving around and it really seems to change up everything shifts throttle response it’s a beast

A guy has a thread from a few months back where he ran a 12.66 1/4 mile with just the spare tire delete and a switch to 44 lb 33” tires (dropped 50 lbs of unsprung weight). This was done in perfect weather conditions on a cold day in PA.

A guy has a thread from a few months back where he ran a 12.66 1/4 mile with just the spare tire delete and a switch to 44 lb 33” tires (dropped 50 lbs of unsprung weight). This was done in perfect weather conditions on a cold day in PA.
Was that actually a track 1/4?

Was that actually a track 1/4?
Correction, he ran a 12.05 after the lighter tire swap and spare delete. He fooled the limiter using a taser to set the tire size at 31” and got a trap speed of 109 but hit that limit prior to the end of the run so it may have trapped 110-112 without a limiter in perfect weather.

Back