The Official End is Coming…

Featured
Jeep Official Instagram Post

IMG_0189.jpeg

From the article:

Jeep Wranlger Rubicon 392 Final Edition: Confirmation​

The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Final Edition Plaque also showcases the car’s wheelbase and overall length, along with details regarding the Hemi V8 engine under the hood and exactly where the SUV was built. We imagine this will be located on or within each of the Final Edition cars, among other noticeable features that help the Final Edition stand out from the other 392 Rubicons on the road.

I friend of mine just bought an EV Hummer…when he plugs it in to charge the company that owns the chargers calls him because they think something is wrong with the car or the charger. When he tells them it’s a hummer they say “ oh yea those trucks pull a lot of power”. Cost him $80 for about 80% charge, takes forever. It supposed to get 450-500 miles on full charge…. On another note, he’s owned it 6 weeks and it’s been in the shop 4 weeks.
Let’s not even talk about the electricity it takes to charge an 18 wheeler. It’s a small cities worth of power each night. Dumb!
Hmmm. something is not right there..... it cost about 2.8 cents a mile to charge my Tesla at home, and the Tesla Superchargers were free.

Clean air? Do you know how most electricity in the USA is generated?

1000+ miles? Battery technology only advances a few percent each year. The Jeep 4XE can go 21 miles on electric.
Clean air as in, not pumping car fumes out on your trail... which is usually an otherwise clean area.

Which model is this? Neither the new Macan or Taycan is anywhere near this.

Solid state battery. All this is very nice and boring. Our power comes from a fossil fuel fired plant. The whole carbon emissions thing is misguided unless we can get switched over to carbon neutral electricity generation.
I would be interested in all this if we had solar panels on house and could charge car for “free”

About 79% of the nation's energy comes from fossil fuels, 8.0% from nuclear, and 13.1% from renewable sources. In 2019, renewables surpassed coal in the amount of energy provided to the U.S. and this trend has continued through 2022.

Saudi Aramco has overtaken Apple as the world's most valuable company, underscoring the recent surge in oil prices that have boosted the energy giant this year. Aramco is now worth about $2.43 trillion, compared with Apple's $2.37 trillion, according to data from Refinitiv.May 12, 2022

How much electricity would it take to power all cars if they were electric?​

The US would need to produce up to 50% more electricity annually if all cars were electric vehicles.....50% more electricity annually = another 39% Fossil Fuel capacity to produce it...

EVs are not significantly greener. However, they do remove pollution at the local level since individual cars aren't emitting fumes. I can imagine this would work wonders in urban areas with a lot of idling cars / trucks in terms of air quality. Nevertheless, the power generation (and battery recycling) down the line is still just as bad a fossil fuels. Don't even go look at the modern slavery that is rare earth mining in Africa.

I like EVs as a power plant in that they are just better than ICE in practically every way except the noise aspect. I get it. There is something visceral about an ICE engine with a great exhaust note.

Personally, I think hybrids are the way to go for the mass market. All the performance of full electric with none of the range anxiety. Everyone has different use cases. Those that don't drive a lot EVs work fine. People with occassiaonl long trips may find hybrids better. Some may not find EVs beneficial due to rural area with no charging or frequent long drives.

Buy what works for you. I do hate that the government is interfering. Just let the consumer, companies, and technology decide what works best.

I had a ‘21 sting gray that I loved but I had a strong feeling ‘24 would be the last year, even though it’s the first year of the refresh. I traded and picked up a ‘24 hydro blue, which is the color I originally wanted to begin with (let the wife talk me out of that the first time around). Anyway, I couldn’t be happier. I love the technology updates. I thought I’d hate the red seats and new grille, but honestly I love those too. I know I’m in the minority but I think the new wheel design is way better.View attachment 30885
Congrats!! Looks awesome!! I have a "22 392 XR in Sting Grey as well. Ordered it myself and waited 8 months for it. I'm thinking of doing the same thing you did. I guess it's now or never. The good thing is that the dealers have a bunch of them on thier lots nowadays. Amazing how quickly things change in a couple of short years. Congrats and enjoy!

The ICE vs EV is comical to me.
I own both. A few performance ICE. The 392, previously a GC 392 that was modded well, BMWM340, also with mods, Mini Cooper S, with mods, and… A Tesla Model Y performance, stock, minus carbon trim.
All offer different experiences. The Tesla is no slouch and the quickest at 0-60 of all my rigs. Rides smoother and pulls harder than the bimmer, almost takes turns as well as the mini. Doesn’t offer the pleasant angelic note of modified engines and exhausts, but I still really enjoy it. Deposit on the CT, which I’m excited for. And, I’m putting a bumper sticker on the Tesla. It will read “Relax, it’s coal powered”. I thought about “Rolls more coal than your cute diesel”.

I will say however, Tesla seems to be the most provocative vehicle I’ve ever owned. The stupidity of what people say and assume, simply based off one car I own, is truly a display of ignorance I’ve not experienced until I owned this car.

People really get upset when I remind them there’s more in Tesla that is American made and assembled than their (insert Chevy, ford, dodge). That really gets them riled up.

The most impressive I find is this.
Being a researcher, and basing any opinion I have of factual data and research, I’m amazed and amused at how many people want to argue an opinion. I have better things to do.

The one thing I’m waiting for, is to come home and find out my Jeep flipped itself and the Tesla decided to catch on fire. 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

Clean air as in, not pumping car fumes out on your trail... which is usually an otherwise clean area.
You realize that neither nitrogen nor carbon dioxide are a pollutant right? And all those trees you're driving around while offroading live on both.

Jeep Official Instagram Post

View attachment 30685

From the article:

Jeep Wranlger Rubicon 392 Final Edition: Confirmation​

The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Final Edition Plaque also showcases the car’s wheelbase and overall length, along with details regarding the Hemi V8 engine under the hood and exactly where the SUV was built. We imagine this will be located on or within each of the Final Edition cars, among other noticeable features that help the Final Edition stand out from the other 392 Rubicons on the road.
Wow.

I think the 392 is the perfect all round vehicle. We use it as a daily driver and trail. Sad to see the end, wish I could buy another just to have another.
Same here, it's our only 4 wheeled vehicle. When the motor (or anything else) eventually fails, I'll replace with a crate motor/atlas2 and have a new 392.

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back