The Official End is Coming…

Featured
Jeep Official Instagram Post

IMG_0189.jpeg

From the article:

Jeep Wranlger Rubicon 392 Final Edition: Confirmation​

The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Final Edition Plaque also showcases the car’s wheelbase and overall length, along with details regarding the Hemi V8 engine under the hood and exactly where the SUV was built. We imagine this will be located on or within each of the Final Edition cars, among other noticeable features that help the Final Edition stand out from the other 392 Rubicons on the road.

Just got my ‘24 and so far loving it! Sent in for trail coat paint, PowerstepXL and some other small mods.
Nice! What color?

I had a ‘21 sting gray that I loved but I had a strong feeling ‘24 would be the last year, even though it’s the first year of the refresh. I traded and picked up a ‘24 hydro blue, which is the color I originally wanted to begin with (let the wife talk me out of that the first time around). Anyway, I couldn’t be happier. I love the technology updates. I thought I’d hate the red seats and new grille, but honestly I love those too. I know I’m in the minority but I think the new wheel design is way better.View attachment 30885
Beautiful Jeep. Is there a handling difference between the 21 and 24'?

Beautiful Jeep. Is there a handling difference between the 21 and 24'?
Thank you… yes, definitely a difference. I had an aftermarket stabilizer on my 21 that helped but it was never better than so-so. Don’t get me wrong, the 24 isn’t perfect but they made an improvement somewhere somehow.

You to think maybe Jeep played a fast one on us? I’m beginning to wonder. No real statement; just a mocked up tailgate plaque after a supposed “leak” of a dealership incentive. It would certainly get people motivated to buy and get in. What do you think?

You to think maybe Jeep played a fast one on us? I’m beginning to wonder. No real statement; just a mocked up tailgate plaque after a supposed “leak” of a dealership incentive. It would certainly get people motivated to buy and get in. What do you think?
Considering they are shutting down production of the HEMI engine at the Saltillo plant I'd say this is probably the end. There's only a finite number of engines left at this point to put in a vehicle. If nothing else I'd expect a Hurricane in the FY25 model, if they can manage to fit it in. Its a pretty long block, much more so than the 392.

Considering they are shutting down production of the HEMI engine at the Saltillo plant I'd say this is probably the end. There's only a finite number of engines left at this point to put in a vehicle. If nothing else I'd expect a Hurricane in the FY25 model, if they can manage to fit it in. Its a pretty long block, much more so than the 392.
As a follow up to this, looks like the Hurricane block is approximately 34” long compared to 31” for the 392. Not much of a difference so could be doable.

As a follow up to this, looks like the Hurricane block is approximately 34” long compared to 31” for the 392. Not much of a difference so could be doable.

If that’s the case, I would think it would be absolutely possible. I don’t have any experience or education in automotive engineering, so I could be way off base, but it seems they could re-tool the wrangler to accommodate 3 inches in length, no?

If that’s the case, I would think it would be absolutely possible. I don’t have any experience or education in automotive engineering, so I could be way off base, but it seems they could re-tool the wrangler to accommodate 3 inches in length, no?
My original post was a reaction to the supposed dealer leak of an incentive program, followed by Jeep’s posting on IG of a mocked up tailgate plate. I find it strange that they wouldn’t be more out and vocal about it, rather than some random picture without any explanation. Not sure how that helps motivate or create interest more than just putting it out there that they’re going to produce a final 392 model, unless they’re worried that too much information would curb the sale of the remaining 392s that are not a final edition. But then why say anything at all? Sorry for the long post.
In any event, I’m just very happy that I purchased a 392 when I did. They can put the most powerful V6 engine they have in the Rubicon going forward, but there’s still something very special about the V8.

My original post was a reaction to the supposed dealer leak of an incentive program, followed by Jeep’s posting on IG of a mocked up tailgate plate. I find it strange that they wouldn’t be more out and vocal about it, rather than some random picture without any explanation. Not sure how that helps motivate or create interest more than just putting it out there that they’re going to produce a final 392 model, unless they’re worried that too much information would curb the sale of the remaining 392s that are not a final edition. But then why say anything at all? Sorry for the long post.
In any event, I’m just very happy that I purchased a 392 when I did. They can put the most powerful V6 engine they have in the Rubicon going forward, but there’s still something very special about the V8.
I don't think they intend to build interest in a final edition.... as far as I know you will not be able to actually order one. I think they are all going to the dealers, as a sales incentive/reward.

Since it's sales based..... only the largest and most aggressive dealers will get them.

That means that the average person will not be able to get one outside of paying whatever sky-high ADM the crappiest dealers I the country are asking.

The Hemi Challengers and Chargers have gone through "Last Call". The TRX "Final Edition" has been announced. That announcement also noted that Hemi production ends at the end of calendar year 2024. This is it for the 392 Wrangler. They may not formally announce availability of the Final Edition for another couple of months, but it's coming.

The CEO of Stellantis said they are watching the election closely and have the capability to put any platform in any of their vehicles (I'm paraphrasing here). Basically if one party wins they know there will be a bigger push to electric and V6 and if the other side wins they could go full ICE. The telling part for me was that they could make either power plant work in their models which is interesting. I don't think we have seen the last big V8 Jeep, truck, or car. Maybe the last for a little while but they will be back.

The CEO of Stellantis said they are watching the election closely and have the capability to put any platform in any of their vehicles (I'm paraphrasing here). Basically if one party wins they know there will be a bigger push to electric and V6 and if the other side wins they could go full ICE. The telling part for me was that they could make either power plant work in their models which is interesting. I don't think we have seen the last big V8 Jeep, truck, or car. Maybe the last for a little while but they will be back.
Thank you for that post. It prompted me to read about a dozen different news articles quoting the Stellantis CEO from his January 19, 2024 announcement. I didn’t see anything that made a specific reference to either V6 or V8. If you know of something out there and can provide a link, I’d like to read it. From what I could find, I interpret it as either an increase, or a decrease in the momentum with which they’re pursuing EVs, but not in reversing any decision on large combustion engines. In fact, he was quoted as saying that he believes global warming, and climate control is still a serious issue, and they will continue to go in that direction, whether it’s EV or ICE or anything other technology. Anyone’s guess, but I think they’ve made a commitment to eventually doing away with the larger, less fuel efficient, combustion engines.

Pretty narrow window to get my Punkn’ with the right options. So glad I puled the trigger when I did. Couldn’t be happier with the 20th Anniversary.
Totally agree. Love the Silver 20th model. Can’t wait to get to the mountains this spring. Not a collector. Bought it to enjoy. Same as my 22 challenger super stock. No I didn’t have to have the 23 which was the same vehicle with a tag.
So far we’re enjoying that new car smell!!!

Thank you for that post. It prompted me to read about a dozen different news articles quoting the Stellantis CEO from his January 19, 2024 announcement. I didn’t see anything that made a specific reference to either V6 or V8. If you know of something out there and can provide a link, I’d like to read it. From what I could find, I interpret it as either an increase, or a decrease in the momentum with which they’re pursuing EVs, but not in reversing any decision on large combustion engines. In fact, he was quoted as saying that he believes global warming, and climate control is still a serious issue, and they will continue to go in that direction, whether it’s EV or ICE or anything other technology. Anyone’s guess, but I think they’ve made a commitment to eventually doing away with the larger, less fuel efficient, combustion engines.
I can totally see/agree with your interpretation as well. My thought on why he wouldn't announce any reversal with respect to big V8s is simply because if he did that he would crush his "Last Call/Final Edition" marketing and sales campaign. My opinion is as stated above, maybe not this year or next..but we have not seen the last big V8 and I don't think we will in our lifetime! Money talks, you can make whatever vehicle you want but the consumer speaks/votes with their checkbook and consumer demand will impact the market. The telling part of his statement was number 1, they have the capability to put any powertrain into their vehicles and here is a leader of a giant company basically telling the world that our Federal Government is impacting how they make vehicles. That doesn't sound like a free-market economy and that to me is troubling.

we have not seen the last big V8 and I don't think we will in our lifetime!

The performance car market started moving away from big naturally aspirated pushrod V8s long before the first EV showed up. Stellantis has made it clear that the Hurricane I6 is their V8 replacement, just a question of which models get it when. And while I don't like the government forcing EV technology on people before it's ready, there's no doubt that it is the future if you look far enough. A Tesla Plaid will smoke a Demon 170 in the 1/4 mile all day every day while having the mild daily driving manners of a standard run of the mill sedan.

Back