Sill Plate Guard Reccomendation?

bigfishbobby

Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 392
Looking to install some sill plate guards. Anyone have a recommendation of a good product with easy install? Thanks in advance for any help.

I was considering the door sill protection before I got my rig. The PPF idea is probably the best to cover more surface area before installing any sill guard.
I ended up not installing any PPR nor sill guard since I was busy with having fun. So far I've had some scratches as shown in the picture (not mine) circled in red. The sill guards don't really cover that area. And guess what? I no longer care about the scratches.

I'm not doing any off-roading so far, I consider this already a huge protection. Having some scratches near the door sill just reminds me about this:)

1654539509871.png

Did they fit pretty snug? I got rugged ridge ones for my JKU and they just didn't seem to be molded quite right...especially the rear ones. The rear ones even popped off once or twice when people were getting in and out despite me adding additional fastener to them.
Yup, pretty good fit. The only nitpick is that the adhesive on the front leading edge needed to be held in place a little longer to secure, but they fit very well and cover A LOT more than the Mopar sills (which I bought at the same time to compare). I’ll be sending the Mopars back.

Looking to install some sill plate guards. Anyone have a recommendation of a good product with easy install? Thanks in advance for any help.
I looked at the Rugged Ridge and the Quadratec sill guards but I read about some water intrusion issues in this post. So I went with the Mopar sill plate guards, which I added some matching red vinyl lettering.
IMG_2524.jpeg
Then I decided that I didn't like that look and used STEK paint protection film, which you can't see but it works perfectly.:) (y)
IMG_2616.jpg

more detailed post here: https://www.jeep392.com/threads/floor-mat-and-door-sill-mods.1075/#post-15809

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back