Top Lift Pro

JLK392

Reaction score
Current Rides
2022 Rubicon 392 XR; 2020 Mercedes AMG SLC43
Removed the hard top this past weekend for the first time. Loved it!
But I also learned my 125 lbs of body weight does not include any upper arm muscle. I’m considering going with the Top Lift Pro. My “Jeep corner” is in a large lofted metal barn that won’t allow for a ceiling hoist. Does anyone have any experience with the TLP? They’re a little overpriced in my opinion but I don’t mind paying for something if it’s going to work as well as it says.
Also not sure which size to get for a 392 XR.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I’ve used mine on a 2018 Sport and now my 392. Works great.

IMG_3359.jpg

Last edited:
Give Rollnjack a look too. Maybe I didn't quite put mine together correctly, but I didn't really like the gear/release mechanism on the top lift pro that much. Whenever I was going to release it, it always had a lot of resistance and felt that when I finally got it to release, the gear would come sliding down and the top with it.

I'm giving mine away for free with the TJ I'm selling. If I ever need one again, I'll probably go with the Rollnjack.

I'm not saying don't go with the top lift pro...but just giving my opinion of it.

Last edited:
Yeah, may be priced a little high...but it is the best option imo. I have tried multiple other options including the ceiling hoist. I still prefer my TLP much more.

I can't be super useful in this thread, but I've heard nothing but good things about both RollNJack and TopLiftPro. Personally I've just got some ratchet straps hanging from the roof of the garage, but for a taller ceiling like OPs i understand that's a little trickier.

Thanks guys! I’m going to check out the RollNJack too. They both sound like they’re worth the money.

It will take you few hours to assemble the Top Lift Pro. No instructions in box. You will need to watch videos to see how to assemble. Once you use it once and are familiar with lift it is well worth the money. Very easy to use and can remove top by yourself.

TLP is amazing... my roof goes on/off with just me in less than 10 minutes. Super easy/sturdy. Great product. Like others have said, putting it together is a pain in the arse. No instructions in the box and they left some screws out (which they overnighted to me to make it right). I watched the youtube videos for instructions and it wasn't bad but did take some time. ONce put together its awesome.

I may have received a bum TLP (ordered in 2017 for my previous Wrangler), but the one I had was garbage. The “brake” did not hold at all. I reached out to the company shortly after I tried it the first time and no one ever contacted me back. I remember disassembling it got the recycle bin and thinking what a waste of 900-ish bucks.

I may have received a bum TLP (ordered in 2017 for my previous Wrangler), but the one I had was garbage. The “brake” did not hold at all. I reached out to the company shortly after I tried it the first time and no one ever contacted me back. I remember disassembling it got the recycle bin and thinking what a waste of 900-ish bucks.
That sucks! For that amount of money, they should at least contact you back. Disappointing.

Mine worked for the few times I used it, but I just didn't like the feel of it. IN addition to what I noted above with the brake somewhat sticking, it just didn't feel like the gear/brake lined up right. The gear piece had play left and right despite it being tightened. It just seemed to me that the little teeth on the gear and the metal 'brake' holding it were destined to fail.

Mine worked for the few times I used it, but I just didn't like the feel of it. IN addition to what I noted above with the brake somewhat sticking, it just didn't feel like the gear/brake lined up right. The gear piece had play left and right despite it being tightened. It just seemed to me that the little teeth on the gear and the metal 'brake' holding it were destined to fail.
That’s a little nerve wracking. Those tops are really heavy. I would expect something more solid.

This is the mechanism I'm talking about. Again, it's just my single experience, and lots of people love theirs. There are tons of things I get off amazon that ppl leave scathing reviews on and I get the thing and it's perfectly fine.

1654800272443.png

1654800395971.png

This is the mechanism I'm talking about. Again, it's just my single experience, and lots of people love theirs. There are tons of things I get off amazon that ppl leave scathing reviews on and I get the thing and it's perfectly fine.

View attachment 5398
View attachment 5399
I agree. Those are some little teeth.
I’m all for trying it. It’s the customer service aspect that has me a little concerned.
I will say, I emailed them yesterday asking what size I needed- the stock or the 14” inserts and they promptly answered me. So props for that.
I’m thankful for everyone giving me their experience with it.

I got one of these. Not as easy to use at top lift pro but little cheaper when I bought it. I like that it stores the top standing up so takes up less floor space. We have shelves in front of the Jeep so the Toplift would not be able to go there. I have the top in the back of my steel building now with a tarp covering it. I am happy with the device so far. Have used it on the JK and the JL.

Of course they are out of stock like everything else it seems..........

Back