Rubicon 20th Anniversary Edition Discussion

I assume you meant to say not really attainable unless perfect conditions (or not really attainable under normal conditions).

I'd hope to get the 300 mile round trip in with whatever I would get. Thus I know the hummer won't cut it. I was hoping if the recon can get 350 or higher I might be able to. It's relatively flat most of the way.

I wonder if one of the two will be a Gladiator, considering the Gladiator has a rubicon trim. There have been a lot of calls for a 392 Gladiator so maybe they’re going that direction, or maybe a 4xe one. Another option is they release the Hurricane engine for the 20A for the Wrangler, Gladiator, or both.

You do realize that the quoted ranges, whether 300 or 400 are like MGP estimates right? Not really attainable in perfect conditions. I read about many real world situations where these cars dont go anywhere near as far on a single charge as the manufactures state. Also going from near full to near drained on a battery of that type will reduce its longevity significantly.
The Ford Lighting gets 250 real world miles at 70mph. The 320 on the sticker would be nice but the high speed burns it quicker. 250 is manageable imo.

Announcing the 20th anniversary Jeep Beach special edition is my guess for one of the two SUVs.

When is the last time you drove 70 mph on I95?
Depends on the time of the day lol. There's been countless tests on the F150 and the general range is 240-250 in real world driving. That's not bad imo. 15% to 80% charge in 30 minutes is solid too. Sucks to charge it in the middle of a long trip and definitely slower than getting gas but the upside is you skip the gas station more times by charging at home. So daily driving better (in reference t time at a gas station), trip driving a little less convenient. I'm hopeful Jeep can get into that range ballpark. Would make the 4xe way more attractive than it is now.

Depends on the time of the day lol. There's been countless tests on the F150 and the general range is 240-250 in real world driving. That's not bad imo. 15% to 80% charge in 30 minutes is solid too. Sucks to charge it in the middle of a long trip and definitely slower than getting gas but the upside is you skip the gas station more times by charging at home. So daily driving better (in reference t time at a gas station), trip driving a little less convenient. I'm hopeful Jeep can get into that range ballpark. Would make the 4xe way more attractive than it is now.
OK but if they are getting 240-250 in real world and the sticker says 320 that really proves my point. The range on the sticker is not realistic.

It’s a xr rubicon 4xe.People can’t see the whole picture on V8s.They shutdown order banks on trxs last Monday .for rest of the model year

Last edited:
I’d consider it if it was the 4xe. I’d have to get rid of something else I have since it wouldn’t be my 392.

Does Jeep consider the gladiator a truck or suv? Is that just semantics?

OK but if they are getting 240-250 in real world and the sticker says 320 that really proves my point. The range on the sticker is not realistic.
My bad, wasn't trying to say you were wrong. Was just saying other EV makers have batteries that are more than functional for most people. Would be nice to see Jeep get there.

I will say this, you can still apparently get GCM on other wranglers, but how long has it been since you could on the 392? Could of course mean nothing.

IMHO, I'll be surprised if it's anything more than a 392XR with a warn winch, red seats amd maybe 37s.
I'd be happy with that (maybe no on the red seats though). I really want a 392XR, but Still waiting for now

"Lunatic Fringe" Jeep employees is where the Rubicon came from, so definitely Rubicon related, as expected.

Looks like the Jeep 20th Anniversary announcement tomorrow will be a 4xe and AEV built up 392 MCR

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 6.07.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 6.07.12 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 90
  • Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 6.11.40 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 6.11.40 PM.png
    736 KB · Views: 90
And that grill is horrific. I'd definitely do a black grill bc the yellow outline around the slots looks terrible. It didn't look bad on the Grey 20A concept but man that painted area is bad imo. Looks like a Renegade lol.

Back