No more XR Package for order…

Use stock XR specs w/sot.

BTW, it's a him.
Mouse,
Good point , totally agree.

Ted392,
Updated analysis complete, if you visit Isla Nublar anytime soon you should be safe IF you're in a wrangler or can run like Usain Bolt.

I don't tend to mod my jeeps, so that's why I wanted XR. After I have it a few years, I could change my mind. It will be a long time before I plan to get rid of it (if ever).

If I was planning to just mod it out right away, I don't think I would have cared if it was XR or not. Depending on how things go over the next year or two, I could see myself picking up a second one (depending on what happens with Bronco, Hummer, and Recon). That one would likely be a non or at least I wouldn't care which it was. I will say that I like the look of the non wheels better.

At the end of the day, the most salient point is that the 392 with the XR Recon package is perfect for those, like me, who have no interest in making any mods to their vehicle. It’s obvious to me, that for those of you who purchased a non-XR, that’s what you wanted and, most of those 392 owners will probably, do extensive modifications. The only other thing that’s obvious to me is the people that wanted a 392 with the XR package and could not get it to to supply constraints, are the big whiners in this when it comes to arguing which one is better. They’re both great.

I have a YJ that has a lift on it, but I generally just like the way things look stock. While to each their own, a lot of the modded up rigs I see look like garbage imo.

I have a YJ that has a lift on it, but I generally just like the way things look stock. While to each their own, a lot of the modded up rigs I see look like garbage imo.
I prefer stock myself, that’s why opted for the XR. with 8 yr 125,000 extended warranty. Some mods look great. But ya, some just don’t know when to stop! Lol! But if you like it, that’s all that really matters.

They can be overdone at times. I do like the way the XR looks right out of the box. With that being said if i can improve on things that i think should have been done from the factory ill do that.

It's because the vast majority of people in this world don't have a sense of taste, and that was true even before the pandemic. :ROFLMAO:

Roughly 8yrs. back I was driving my 2012 jk 2-door 6spd. manual 3.6l from Michigan to Rockford Illinois on a regular basis.
On one trip, heading due west at 78 to 80 mph, I'm on the cell with wifey, LAUGHING, as I explain to her that with the strong winds out of the west, I have the pedal solid to the floor and am unable to gain speed. At one strong gust even losing speed.
I recall saying many times that if it had another 100hp it would a game changer and my favorite vehicle ever. For me it checked all the boxes but one, I sold it in 2018.
For several decades I've driven everything CDJR had to offer, mostly SRT's, but nothing completely floated my boat. I was never strictly a car or truck guy. I didn't always need speed in a vehicle, I had high end sport bikes for that.
Then the 392 jl comes along.
ALL the boxes checked, at last.
Thank you FCA.

So, for me, the debate or discussion on XR vs non-XR is , well .............. inconsequential.

High Tide is back on the build page, most likely the reason XR was pulled from 392. Doesn’t make any sense to me why a company would add an entire other trim level and pull options from a popular trim level.

B68BD746-BE20-4EB1-A2E4-677AB0EF460E.jpeg

Who buys a Jeep without modding it? 😂
I bought a 2016 JKUR Hard Rock brand new for $43k. I never modded it. I have taken it to Moab and did some decent trails. In its stock form it is very capable. Taking the top & doors off and feeling the extra get up and go with wind and openness while cranking the tunes is pretty satisfying.
I was too busy with work to drive it that much and only put 18k on it in 6 1/2 years.
I just sold it for $40k three days ago which to my surprise when I checked the order tracker, shows my new 392 going into E status that same day. (6.5 months after order, 40 days after D1)
I got the XR version cause I always wanted 35’s on my JK but I couldn’t dump money into it right after purchasing. I plan on mods like lights, winch, air compressor and other niceties on the 392. My biggest hope is that it never has to visit a dealership again after I pick it up, just like the JK never did. (Extremely reliable) planned date of March 9th for Granger!!!

Last 2 Jeeps I swapped out suspension, tires, wheels, and gears. Did I enjoy doing the work myself, absolutely. Did I purchase the XR, absolutely. Was a convenience option for me. All the usual upgrades came from the factory and I didn’t need to do anything. Is my Jeep better than a non-XR, nope, just different. Can I maybe benefit at resale, potentially. But more importantly, as my 5th Jeep and my favorite to date, I may actually keep this one, maybe. 😁

Back