Matt's 392 Build

Installed the Banks iDash Supergauge in the 392 this morning. It integrates real nice into the A-Pillar grab handle (I chose the upper mount but there is also a lower mount as I just ordered the switchpros SP9100 which I will mount on the lower portion of the grab handle), and gives a ton of information about the engine including various component temperatures, pressures, performance statistics (such has hp and torque), speed, and so much more. It also provides all sorts of diagnostics including reading engine codes. The screen and what gauges are shown are totally customizable and it also has a shift light that you can set to light up at a set RPM if running in manual mode. In all I’d highly recommend it for any enthusiast.

Install was relatively simple, took about 45 minutes. Some drilling was involved in the grab handle, no big deal as they include a nice bit to cut through the plastic. You also need to cut the steel mounting posts on the back of the iDash which I found a little odd, but nothing a dremel tool couldn’t make quick work of. The install instructions are below in case anyone is interested.

IMG_8111.jpeg
IMG_8117.jpeg
IMG_8118.jpeg
IMG_8119.jpeg
IMG_8125.jpeg
IMG_8124.jpeg

Also installed the Mopar brushed pedal covers a few weeks ago.
IMG_8071.jpeg

Installed the Banks iDash Supergauge in the 392 this morning. It integrates real nice into the A-Pillar grab handle (I chose the upper mount but there is also a lower mount as I just ordered the switchpros SP9100 which I will mount on the lower portion of the grab handle)......

Thanks for posting these detailed pictures. I have a pair of iDash gauges (one SuperGauge and one DataMonster) in my GMC 3500 Duramax. They're incredibly useful to have on the truck, and until seeing the recent posts here I hadn't thought to even consider one on the Jeep.

I also have my SwitchWorks Alpha12 switch controller mounted to my lower grab handle- which is the reason I was thinking of the upper mount. In my truck, the pair of gauges is at the bottom, so it's just what I'm used to.

In any event, I don't want to relocate the Alpha12, and the upper mount looks pretty great. I'm really thinking of adding the PedalMonster and gauge combo now.

I need to stop coming to this forum - it's always costing me money. 💸💸💸💸

Thanks for posting these detailed pictures. I have a pair of iDash gauges (one SuperGauge and one DataMonster) in my GMC 3500 Duramax. They're incredibly useful to have on the truck, and until seeing the recent posts here I hadn't thought to even consider one on the Jeep.

I also have my SwitchWorks Alpha12 switch controller mounted to my lower grab handle- which is the reason I was thinking of the upper mount. In my truck, the pair of gauges is at the bottom, so it's just what I'm used to.

In any event, I don't want to relocate the Alpha12, and the upper mount looks pretty great. I'm really thinking of adding the PedalMonster and gauge combo now.

I need to stop coming to this forum - it's always costing me money. 💸💸💸💸
I was unsure when I purchased, but now that I installed really like the upper mount. It’s at eye level so I don’t really need to take my eyes off the road to see it. Just a quick glance to the side.

Thanks a lot lol didn’t know this existed 💸💸

The nice thing is if you do end up adding a PedalMonster too, you can adjust it with the iDash gauge instead of needing to use the BlueTooth app.

On my truck, I can adjust the PedalMonster and the Derringer, both which are great for a 1 ton diesel pickup.

I've heard really good things about the PedalMonster on the 392.

The nice thing is if you do end up adding a PedalMonster too, you can adjust it with the iDash gauge instead of needing to use the BlueTooth app.

On my truck, I can adjust the PedalMonster and the Derringer, both which are great for a 1 ton diesel pickup.

I’m hesitant on the pedal monster as I’ve heard about potential warranty issues.

I’m hesitant on the pedal monster as I’ve heard about potential warranty issues.

I hadn't seen anything about warranty issues for it, and it's removable quite easily. I've been happy with the one in my 3500.

Now, I have seen some terrible reviews and threads that would give me pause about a Pedal Commander.

It's hard to keep the options/brands straight, but in my experience the Banks products have been problem free.

Either way, these things start getting expensive real quick when you add all the different components. And it's a fair point about the warranty, especially if you have an extended warranty.

Maybe I'll start with the iDash for now. The Pedal Monster can always be added on later.

And thanks again for the comment about the upper mount being right at eye-level. That's really helpful to hear and sounds like an added benefit.

It plugs in and unplugs just as easily if you need to remove it. It doesn’t do anything to permanently alter the vehicle. If your dealer is not mod friendly, they’d be more likely to find a way to deny parts of your warranty over your Clayton lift than a pedal monster that you can just remove.

Yeah I already have the pedal monster installed and have for a long while but didn’t notice this

Last edited:
Mounted and installed a set of KC Cyclone amber LEDs to be used as chase lights. I embedded them within the liftgate hinge covers, and I think they integrate pretty well.

Took a bit to figure out how to remove the hinges (stick a small screw driver into the slit at the bottom and push up until it pops off), but once I figured it out they pop right off.

IMG_8238.jpeg

Using the bit that came with the Banks iDash, I drilled 2 8mm holes into the plastic hinge cover.

IMG_8239.jpeg
IMG_8241.jpeg

Picked up a pair of 8mm x 12mm threaded bolts and matching nuts at my local hardware store, fit like a glove.

IMG_8242.jpeg

I was a little worried the wires would interfere with some of the clips for the cover but the didn’t at all. Was a bit of a pain to snake the wires through the hinge assembly with the ends that come on the Cyclones but after a little patience and with the assistance of some needle nosed pliers I was able to snake the wires thru and clip everything back into place without issue.

IMG_8245.jpeg
IMG_8244.jpeg

With the cool little KC black screw caps on. I don’t think they will last too long before popping out on the road but that is to be seen.

IMG_8261.jpeg

Took about an hour to figure everything out for the first side with a little trial and error. Second I was able to do the second side in about 15 minutes once I had everything figured out.

IMG_8266.jpeg

After a failed attempt at both Napa and Autozone looking for parts to build a harness, I had to order all of the parts from Amazon which should arrive in a few days. They’ll be connected to the switchpros that I ordered and is in transit. I’ll wire them up when all of the parts come in. More to come in a week or two when it’s all installed.

Last edited:
Mounted and install a set of KC Cyclone amber LEDs to be used as chase lights. I embedded them within the liftgate hinge covers, and I think they integrate pretty well.

Took a bit to figure out how to remove the hinges (stick a small screw driver into the slit at the bottom and push up until it pops off), but once I figured it out they pop right off.

View attachment 35066

Using the bit that came with the Banks iDash, I drilled 2 8mm holes into the plastic hinge cover.

View attachment 35067View attachment 35068

Picked up a pair of 8mm x 12mm threaded bolts and matching nuts at my local hardware store, fit like a glove.

View attachment 35069

I was a little worried the wires would interfere with some of the clips for the cover but the didn’t at all. Was a bit of a pain to snake the wires through the hinge assembly with the ends that come on the Cyclones but after a little patience and with the assistance of some needle nosed pliers I was able to snake the wires thru and clip everything back into place without issue.

View attachment 35070View attachment 35071

With the cool little KC black screw caps on. I don’t think they will last too long before popping out on the road but that is to be seen.

View attachment 35072

Took about an hour to figure everything out for the first side with a little trial and error. Second I was able to do the second side in about 15 minutes once I had everything figured out.

View attachment 35073

After a failed attempt at both Napa and Autozone looking for parts to build a harness, I had to order all of the parts from Amazon which should arrive in a few days. They’ll be connected to the switchpros that I ordered and is in transit. I’ll wire them up when all of the parts come in. More to come in a week or two when it’s all installed.
I've never wheeled in an environment that I would need chase lights: Aren't those lights so bright it will distract the driver behind you? I know that guy on YouTube installed them.

I've never wheeled in an environment that I would need chase lights: Aren't those lights so bright it will distract the driver behind you? I know that guy on YouTube installed them.
The parks in the northeast can get pretty dusty mid summer when it gets dry. Sometimes can be a little difficult to see ahead.

They are dimmable with the switchpro. I don’t intend to blind the person behind me lol. But I can also turn the brightness up for some extra light at night while camping (which I do a lot of during the summer).

The parks in the northeast can get pretty dusty mid summer when it gets dry. Sometimes can be a little difficult to see ahead.

They are dimmable with the switchpro. I don’t intend to blind the person behind me lol. But I can also turn the brightness up for some extra light at night while camping (which I do a lot of during the summer).
Perfect!

Could use silicone to temporarily glue caps on?

Looks clean.

Back