Matt's 392 Build

Finally received both LP6s and the harness. Installed last night / this morning. Overall install was pretty simple with the BD upfitter lockout harness. I hooked the low and high beams to the factory Aux switches 1 and 2 and the backlight to Fuse F50 (always on when the ignition is on) via a fuse tap. These things are stupid bright, and I think really complete the look of the front end.

IMG_7215.jpeg

IMG_7232.jpeg

IMG_7226.jpeg


Backlight, always on when the Jeep is running:
IMG_7219.jpeg


Low beams (Aux 1):
IMG_7221.jpeg


High beams (Aux 2):
IMG_7222.jpeg


The BD lockout harness (pictured below) will default to the high beam and lock out the low beam if both Aux 1 and 2 are active to prevent burning the lights out (per BD, running both high and low at the same time will burn up the circuitry in the lights):
IMG_7186.jpeg


Fuse tap into F50 for the backlight, cut a small hole into the fuse box to run the wire through. The harness is way too long and leaves way too much extra wire, which I had to just stuff next to the fuse box. I’m out of space now with the factory Aux switches. When I get the cowl lights I’m going to also get the SPOD BantamX touchscreen switch panel, at which time I’ll cut down the harnesses and clean up all the wire. The BantamX has a lockout function so I won’t need the relays in the BD harness I’ll cut them out.
IMG_7238.jpeg

IMG_7242.jpeg


I’ll post some night pics showing the performance at night compared to the factory headlights sometime in the coming days.
 
Last edited:
Nice write up. I've avoided getting backlighting in off road lights because I imagine some cop pulling me over for having the off road lights on while driving on the street.
 
@7.62x392 very nice! Do you know or remember what the wire size of those BD harness! 18 awg, 16 or even 14?
Not positive of the exact gauges, the harness was entirely wrapped in in a protective cover, and the gauges in the harness varied - the wire to the battery was much thicker than the wire for the backlight.
 
Starting a new thread to track my progress on my 2022 392 XR build, more for myself but hopefully some of you will find some of the info in here useful. I've driven about 300 miles on my new lift and tires which I had put on about a week and a half ago when my 392 was at about 8,500 miles, with a few hundred of those pre-lift miles out on the trails. Current mods are as follows:

Installed September 2022:
-Warn EVO 10S Winch
-Warn Winch Plate
-Factor 55 Flatlink
-Warn Power Interrupt Kit
-Ravelco Kill Switch
-XR Fender Flare Extension Delete

Installed December 2022 (by Hardline 4x4, Pottstown, PA):
-38x12.5r17 Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires (Load Range C)
-Clayton Offroad 3.5" Overland Plus Lift for 392
-Falcon 3.3 SP2 Fast Adjust Shocks for 392/4xe/JLUD
-Falcon 2.2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer
-Steer Smarts Yeti XD Drag Link
-Steer Smarts Yeti XD Tie Rod
-Adams 1350 Front Drive Shaft
-Adams 1350 Rear Drive Shaft
-Teraflex HD Tail Gate and Tire Carrier Kit

2023 Updates:
-Baja Designs Squadron SAE Fog Lights (installed January 2023)
-Midland MXT275 GMRS Radio (installed March 2023)
-Metalcloak Full Belly Skids (installed March 2023 by Hardline 4x4)
-AEV Front and Rear Diff Covers (installed April 2023)
-ARB Twin Compressor and Epic Kraken (installed April 2023)
-Outback Adventures Trailgater (installed May 2023)
-AWE Switchpath Cat-Back Exhaust System (installed May 2023 by Hardline 4x4)
-2x Baja Designs LP6 Driving Lights in Amber (installed December 2023)

Build Plans (in priority order):
-2x Baja Designs LP4 Lights (to be mounted on cowls)
-SPOD BantamX Touchscreen Switch Panel
-Eventually UD60s (still probably 2-3 years away)

In case anyone is wondering what the current market is for our take-off parts, I sold the stock XR tires, suspension and steering components, driveshafts, and tire carrier / hinge gate reinforcement for $1,400, about an hour after I posted an ad for it all on the JL Wrangler Forum. Sold locally, I’m in PA and buyer came up from MD today (1/1/23).

Below are some pics of the 392 both stock the day I took it home from the dealer, and then post lift. I think it looks incredible personally and am very happy with how it is coming along. More detailed pics and information regarding each of the mods to follow as separate posts since I'm limited on the length of each post.

Stock on Purchase Date (ordered 1/19/22, picked up from dealer 6/2/22):
View attachment 16282
View attachment 16283

Post Lift (Current State as of December, 2023):
View attachment 26866
View attachment 26867
View attachment 29397
What third break light, bracket, kit is that?
 
Teraflex. It came with the Teraflex tire carrier. I don't think they sell them separately.

Thank you - emailed company and they will sell just the spare tire mount kit with brake light - https://teraflex.com/jl-alpha-hd-ad...ount-kit-w-brake-light-camera-mounts-5x5.html $369
 
Starting a new thread to track my progress on my 2022 392 XR build, more for myself but hopefully some of you will find some of the info in here useful. I've driven about 300 miles on my new lift and tires which I had put on about a week and a half ago when my 392 was at about 8,500 miles, with a few hundred of those pre-lift miles out on the trails. Current mods are as follows:

Installed September 2022:
-Warn EVO 10S Winch
-Warn Winch Plate
-Factor 55 Flatlink
-Warn Power Interrupt Kit
-Ravelco Kill Switch
-XR Fender Flare Extension Delete

Installed December 2022 (by Hardline 4x4, Pottstown, PA):
-38x12.5r17 Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires (Load Range C)
-Clayton Offroad 3.5" Overland Plus Lift for 392
-Falcon 3.3 SP2 Fast Adjust Shocks for 392/4xe/JLUD
-Falcon 2.2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer
-Steer Smarts Yeti XD Drag Link
-Steer Smarts Yeti XD Tie Rod
-Adams 1350 Front Drive Shaft
-Adams 1350 Rear Drive Shaft
-Teraflex HD Tail Gate and Tire Carrier Kit

2023 Updates:
-Baja Designs Squadron SAE Fog Lights (installed January 2023)
-Midland MXT275 GMRS Radio (installed March 2023)
-Metalcloak Full Belly Skids (installed March 2023 by Hardline 4x4)
-AEV Front and Rear Diff Covers (installed April 2023)
-ARB Twin Compressor and Epic Kraken (installed April 2023)
-Outback Adventures Trailgater (installed May 2023)
-AWE Switchpath Cat-Back Exhaust System (installed May 2023 by Hardline 4x4)
-2x Baja Designs LP6 Driving Lights in Amber (installed December 2023)

Build Plans (in priority order):
-2x Baja Designs LP4 Lights (to be mounted on cowls)
-SPOD BantamX Touchscreen Switch Panel
-Eventually UD60s (still probably 2-3 years away)

In case anyone is wondering what the current market is for our take-off parts, I sold the stock XR tires, suspension and steering components, driveshafts, and tire carrier / hinge gate reinforcement for $1,400, about an hour after I posted an ad for it all on the JL Wrangler Forum. Sold locally, I’m in PA and buyer came up from MD today (1/1/23).

Below are some pics of the 392 both stock the day I took it home from the dealer, and then post lift. I think it looks incredible personally and am very happy with how it is coming along. More detailed pics and information regarding each of the mods to follow as separate posts since I'm limited on the length of each post.

Stock on Purchase Date (ordered 1/19/22, picked up from dealer 6/2/22):
View attachment 16282
View attachment 16283

Post Lift (Current State as of December, 2023):
View attachment 26866
View attachment 26867
View attachment 29397
Love your build. I just ordered the LP6. how do you like them. I got them in Amber also. I just think the look is Awesome. I got Earl Gray so I thought the color would go well with it. I no longer have spot for Fog lights. Want to see if I can use that wiring for the LP6 or if I will have to use the wire harness that I got with them. would be nice to use the factory harness and just hit fog light button to turn them on rather than use up one of my AUX ports. anyone know if that is an option. wonder what AMP is on that leg. Once again brother love your choices. Clean ass build.
 

Attachments

  • 72677766318__481A8B40-02C2-4C43-B66F-2335B26365F9.webp
    72677766318__481A8B40-02C2-4C43-B66F-2335B26365F9.webp
    210.7 KB · Views: 62
Love your build. I just ordered the LP6. how do you like them. I got them in Amber also. I just think the look is Awesome. I got Earl Gray so I thought the color would go well with it. I no longer have spot for Fog lights. Want to see if I can use that wiring for the LP6 or if I will have to use the wire harness that I got with them. would be nice to use the factory harness and just hit fog light button to turn them on rather than use up one of my AUX ports. anyone know if that is an option. wonder what AMP is on that leg. Once again brother love your choices. Clean ass build.
I love the LP6s. They are insanely bright. You may be able to hook up the LP6s to the fog lights for the low beams, but I would think the fog lights would not put out enough amperage for the highs. Not positive though, just something to consider.

Note the LP6s will need two switches - one for the low beams and one for high, unless you only want to hook the high beams up. I hooked both the low and the highs to my aux switches, which now are full. I'm going to get the Bantam Xpod touchscreen sooner than later and unhook everything from the factory Aux switches.


BTW your build looks like its coming along, can't wait to see the finished product!
 
Love your build. I just ordered the LP6. how do you like them. I got them in Amber also. I just think the look is Awesome. I got Earl Gray so I thought the color would go well with it. I no longer have spot for Fog lights. Want to see if I can use that wiring for the LP6 or if I will have to use the wire harness that I got with them. would be nice to use the factory harness and just hit fog light button to turn them on rather than use up one of my AUX ports. anyone know if that is an option. wonder what AMP is on that leg. Once again brother love your choices. Clean ass build.
Looks like the fog lights are on the same circuit as all of the other exterior lights which put out 40 amps per side.


 
Love your build. I just ordered the LP6. how do you like them. I got them in Amber also. I just think the look is Awesome. I got Earl Gray so I thought the color would go well with it. I no longer have spot for Fog lights. Want to see if I can use that wiring for the LP6 or if I will have to use the wire harness that I got with them. would be nice to use the factory harness and just hit fog light button to turn them on rather than use up one of my AUX ports. anyone know if that is an option. wonder what AMP is on that leg. Once again brother love your choices. Clean ass build.
You could just use the stock fog light wiring as a trigger for the BD relay that comes with a kit. You would order the switched wiring harness and not the upfitter wiring harness. Hook the power cable to the battery, and instead of the switch wire running into the cab of Jeep, run it to the stock fog light wiring harness instead. They send you all the required wiring and relay. Just throw away the switch or repurpose it. Only issue would be the high beam cut off which can be bypassed using JL MINI. The LP6 are so bright you may not get much benefit from the high beams, though the new LEDs are markedly better than old halogens. Not sure what the comparison is with the new LED, but they overwhelm the brights in my 2006 LX470…though high beams aren’t that bright to begin with. 20 year old technology for you
 
Starting a new thread to track my progress on my 2022 392 XR build, more for myself but hopefully some of you will find some of the info in here useful. I've driven about 300 miles on my new lift and tires which I had put on about a week and a half ago when my 392 was at about 8,500 miles, with a few hundred of those pre-lift miles out on the trails. Current mods are as follows:

Installed September 2022:
-Warn EVO 10S Winch
-Warn Winch Plate
-Factor 55 Flatlink
-Warn Power Interrupt Kit
-Ravelco Kill Switch
-XR Fender Flare Extension Delete

Installed December 2022 (by Hardline 4x4, Pottstown, PA):
-38x12.5r17 Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires (Load Range C)
-Clayton Offroad 3.5" Overland Plus Lift for 392
-Falcon 3.3 SP2 Fast Adjust Shocks for 392/4xe/JLUD
-Falcon 2.2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer
-Steer Smarts Yeti XD Drag Link
-Steer Smarts Yeti XD Tie Rod
-Adams 1350 Front Drive Shaft
-Adams 1350 Rear Drive Shaft
-Teraflex HD Tail Gate and Tire Carrier Kit

2023 Updates:
-Baja Designs Squadron SAE Fog Lights (installed January 2023)
-Midland MXT275 GMRS Radio (installed March 2023)
-Metalcloak Full Belly Skids (installed March 2023 by Hardline 4x4)
-AEV Front and Rear Diff Covers (installed April 2023)
-ARB Twin Compressor and Epic Kraken (installed April 2023)
-Outback Adventures Trailgater (installed May 2023)
-AWE Switchpath Cat-Back Exhaust System (installed May 2023 by Hardline 4x4)
-2x Baja Designs LP6 Driving Lights in Amber (installed December 2023)

Build Plans (in priority order):
-2x Baja Designs LP4 Lights (to be mounted on cowls)
-SPOD BantamX Touchscreen Switch Panel
-Eventually UD60s (still probably 2-3 years away)

In case anyone is wondering what the current market is for our take-off parts, I sold the stock XR tires, suspension and steering components, driveshafts, and tire carrier / hinge gate reinforcement for $1,400, about an hour after I posted an ad for it all on the JL Wrangler Forum. Sold locally, I’m in PA and buyer came up from MD today (1/1/23).

Below are some pics of the 392 both stock the day I took it home from the dealer, and then post lift. I think it looks incredible personally and am very happy with how it is coming along. More detailed pics and information regarding each of the mods to follow as separate posts since I'm limited on the length of each post.

Stock on Purchase Date (ordered 1/19/22, picked up from dealer 6/2/22):
View attachment 16282
View attachment 16283

Post Lift (Current State as of December, 2023):
View attachment 26866
View attachment 26867
View attachment 29397
I got the Ravelco scheduled to be put in when I get my jeep back friday. I see it on your build list. What is your review. do you like it. is the butt end real big for your pocket with keys?
 
I got the Ravelco scheduled to be put in when I get my jeep back friday. I see it on your build list. What is your review. do you like it. is the butt end real big for your pocket with keys?
Some people complain about the plug but it doesn’t bother me one bit. Taking it out and putting it in takes all of 2 seconds. It’s become second nature I don’t even think about it when parking anywhere but in my garage, the plug comes out when I exit the vehicle. As far as size, I already have a bunch of crap on my keychain, including that massive Jeep FOB, I don’t even notice the plug.

At end of the day if someone wants your 392 that bad they’ll find a way to steal it, especially if it’s an organized crime group. So I am still cautious and will not drive my Jeep into any high risk areas, cities (for example Philly unless I’m driving through), etc. I also will not park it overnight in any public place, or even my own driveway for that matter. That said, I like that it’s a low tech deterrent that most thieves will move on from right away when the realize they can’t start it using the OBD or some other electronic means. So it is nice knowing with the Ravelco I’m not going to be the guy on the forum who got his Jeep stolen when running in for a cup of coffee at Starbucks 🤣.

I got the tucked placement of the plug, you’d never know it’s there unless you are looking in the footwell for it. I’d recommend going that route.
 
Picked up the 392 this afternoon from the audio shop. Had 2 JL Audio 4-ohm Stealthboxes and a JL Audio XD series 600W sub amp installed. These things hit HARD and sound great. They really bring the audio in the Jeep to the next level.

I love how they take up minimal space, which was an important factor to me in choosing this specific set up. They truly are ‘stealthy’.

I also had a separate subwoofer amp control knob installed next to the shift knob. Next up is a Helix DSP/component amp and new component speakers. My audio guy did remove all four ANC mics.
IMG_7395.webp

IMG_7397.webp
IMG_7396.webp
IMG_7398.webp
IMG_7399.webp
IMG_7403.webp
IMG_7404.webp
IMG_7405.webp
IMG_7407.webp
 
Picked up the 392 this afternoon from the audio shop. Had 2 JL Audio 4-ohm Stealthboxes and a JL Audio XD series 600W sub amp installed. These things hit HARD and sound great. They really bring the audio in the Jeep to the next level.

I love how they take up minimal space, which was an important factor to me in choosing this specific set up. They truly are ‘stealthy’.

I also had a separate subwoofer amp control knob installed next to the shift knob. Next up is a Helix DSP/component amp and new component speakers. My audio guy did remove all four ANC mics.
View attachment 30788
View attachment 30790View attachment 30791View attachment 30792View attachment 30793View attachment 30797View attachment 30794View attachment 30795View attachment 30796
Shockingly good for 10s right!
 
Starting a new thread to track my progress on my 2022 392 XR build, more for myself but hopefully some of you will find some of the info in here useful. Current mods are as follows:

Installed September 2022:
-Warn EVO 10S Winch
-Warn Winch Plate
-Factor 55 Flatlink
-Warn Power Interrupt Kit
-Ravelco Kill Switch
-XR Fender Flare Extension Delete

Installed December 2022 (by Hardline 4x4, Pottstown, PA):
-38x12.5r17 Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires (Load Range C)
-Clayton Offroad 3.5" Overland Plus Lift for 392
-Falcon 3.3 SP2 Fast Adjust Shocks for 392/4xe/JLUD
-Falcon 2.2 Fast Adjust Steering Stabilizer
-Steer Smarts Yeti XD Drag Link
-Steer Smarts Yeti XD Tie Rod
-Adams 1350 Front Drive Shaft
-Adams 1350 Rear Drive Shaft
-Teraflex HD Tail Gate and Tire Carrier Kit

2023 Updates:
-Baja Designs Squadron SAE Fog Lights (installed January 2023)
-Midland MXT275 GMRS Radio (installed March 2023)
-Metalcloak Full Belly Skids (installed March 2023 by Hardline 4x4)
-AEV Front and Rear Diff Covers (installed April 2023)
-ARB Twin Compressor and Epic Kraken (installed April 2023)
-Outback Adventures Trailgater (installed May 2023)
-AWE Switchpath Cat-Back Exhaust System (installed May 2023 by Hardline 4x4)
-2x Baja Designs LP6 Driving Lights in Amber (installed December 2023)

2024 Updates:
-2x JL Audio Stralthbox 10” Subwoofers (installed January 2024)
-JL Audio XD600/1v2 600W sub amp (installed January 2024)

Build Plans (in priority order):
-Switch Pros Bezel Style 8-Switch Panel Power System
-Audiotec Fischer Helix V Eight MK2 DSP
-Focal Performance 165AS Access Series 6-1/2" 2-way Component Speakers System (Roll Bar and Knee Panel)
-RCV Performance Ultimate Dana 44 300M 1PC RCV Front Axle Set
-RCV Performance Ultimate Dana 44 300M Rear Axle Set
-2x Baja Designs LP4 Lights (to be mounted on cowls)

Wishlist:
-UD60s, KMC Beadlocks, 40s, coilovers (still several years away after I am no longer daily driving this and turn it into a dedicated trail rig)

Below are some pics of the 392 both stock the day I took it home from the dealer, and then currently as of today. More detailed pics and information regarding each of the mods to follow as separate posts since I'm limited on the length of each post.

Stock on Purchase Date (ordered 1/19/22, picked up from dealer 6/2/22):
View attachment 16282
View attachment 16283

Post Lift (Current State as of December, 2023):
View attachment 26866
View attachment 26867
View attachment 29397
I love the setup i have a white 392 2021 I used to live in LA and now I reside in Beirut Lebanon, well there is a big shortage in modification parts down here, Could you please share a dealer where I can purchase a similar setup? also, does it still drive good on roads?
 
I love the setup i have a white 392 2021 I used to live in LA and now I reside in Beirut Lebanon, well there is a big shortage in modification parts down here, Could you please share a dealer where I can purchase a similar setup? also, does it still drive good on roads?
I purchased most of the parts from Northridge 4x4. My local shop purchased a few of the parts for me as they were able to get discounts, such as the Metalcloak skids.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest Discussions

Back
Top