I’m trading my 392 for a gladiator.

In Colorado to help a family member move and jumped on the chance to get a gladiator at the rental car counter. If I get some time for mild off roading it will be great but also able to help with small items in the move. I got to say the power was just as good as a 392 and drove much better. I only had to slow once on the interstate to 10 MPH to stop the death wobble. Can’t wait to unload that inefficient V8 and get into the sweet V6. I got 25 MPG in the highway!
You must be smoking something... There is Nothing that compares...

Not that it matters but I used to drive a Prius. : )

Just a little fun. Surprised anyone fell for it. I do have a gladiator rental but I check on the 392 regularly and I’m willing to bet that it will be in the same place years from now in my garage or tearing up roads. Can’t wait to get back and drive it. Here’s a current picture.

Attachments

• IMG_9742.png
    IMG_9742.png
    915.1 KB · Views: 40
Just a little fun. Surprised anyone fell for it. I do have a gladiator rental but I check on the 392 regularly and I’m willing to bet that it will be in the same place years from now in my garage or tearing up roads. Can’t wait to get back and drive it. Here’s a current picture.

Now, what's the joke going to be for April Fools' Day?

* I'm just upset that I admitted to being a Prius driver. ; )

In Colorado to help a family member move and jumped on the chance to get a gladiator at the rental car counter. If I get some time for mild off roading it will be great but also able to help with small items in the move. I got to say the power was just as good as a 392 and drove much better. I only had to slow once on the interstate to 10 MPH to stop the death wobble. Can’t wait to unload that inefficient V8 and get into the sweet V6. I got 25 MPG in the highway!
I have a 2020 Gladiator I'll trade you! 32k miles and in amazing condition. 2.5" Teraflex lift with Falcon 3.3" shocks.

Just a little fun. Surprised anyone fell for it.
😆
I got to say the power was just as good as a 392 and drove much better. I only had to slow once on the interstate to 10 MPH to stop the death wobble. Can’t wait to unload that inefficient V8 and get into the sweet V6.
Right about here, I laughed outloud. Then I wondered, "is he serious?" I didn't want to question you publicly just in case you were. Haha

Just last night my wife and I drove up the canyon near where we live to an expensive steakhouse to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary. For the last several weeks I had exclusively been driving my '22 392 XR that has a Metalcloak Gamechanger lift, Accutuned Fox 2.5 DSC shocks, and 37s. For the drive to the steakhouse, we took her '23 Gladiator Mojave that has a Mopar lift and the stock Fox internal bypass shocks that come on a Mojave, and 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers. Within just a few miles of our house I said to my wife, "man, your Gladiator drives so much better than my 392". True story, from just yesterday.

I’m thinking this is more your style….:ROFLMAO:
IMG_4556.jpeg

Just last night my wife and I drove up the canyon near where we live to an expensive steakhouse to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary. For the last several weeks I had exclusively been driving my '22 392 XR that has a Metalcloak Gamechanger lift, Accutuned Fox 2.5 DSC shocks, and 37s. For the drive to the steakhouse, we took her '23 Gladiator Mojave that has a Mopar lift and the stock Fox internal bypass shocks that come on a Mojave, and 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers. Within just a few miles of our house I said to my wife, "man, your Gladiator drives so much better than my 392". True story, from just yesterday.
There is something to be said about wheelbase but I don’t ever want to give up that 392 power

There is something to be said about wheelbase but I don’t ever want to give up that 392 power

I couldn't believe how tight and crisp the suspension, steering, and handling felt on my wife's Mojave with only 4000 street miles and one BOH trail on it, compared to my worn in 392.

My 392 only has 13K miles on it, but it has been on 12 BOH trails, so steering and handling is starting to get loose and sloppy feeling. I can see movement in the tie rod ends when I have someone turn the steering wheel back and forth. I already have a set of Dynatrac ball joints sitting on the garage bench and have ordered a Metalcloak tie rod and drag link set to freshen it up again. And I plan on dialing up the damping on the Fox DSC shocks so suspension feels more taught and crisp.

I get it. My 392 was a hog and a thief magnet. So I traded mine in on a Grand Cherokee WL with V6 and 8 speed. Nice and quiet inside and I love the dual battery setup with ESS that doesnt work. Since the 392 would be stolen at DTW anyway on one of my many business trips, I opted to let a dealer steal it instead.

May bliss be with you as well.

Just did the opposite. Not a chance in hell that the gladiator is better or engine performance similar than the 392.

The gladiator is a fun and capable little truck, the longer wheel base gives it a slightly nicer ride, but it’s slow, underpowered, and once you put a bed cover (I had a diamondback), 35’s, Fox 2.5 elites and rubicon bumper, the added weight really is felt, and seen in MPG loss.

They should have shipped them with the 5.7 Hemi. Plus the ESS crap was really annoying. I really enjoyed it tho. But I do not miss it. Saying the power is the same is like comparing a school bus to a 3/4 ton pickup.

as to the theft, Any car you don’t secure can be stolen, never park it at an airport especially, theft rings often get tipped by the gate attendants who could care less for $15 an hour.

Here you go deal of the year.... 🤑

Back