I’m trading my 392 for a gladiator.

Viking Jeeper

Moderator 🛠️
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Rides
2021 Rubicon 392 2006 LJR
In Colorado to help a family member move and jumped on the chance to get a gladiator at the rental car counter. If I get some time for mild off roading it will be great but also able to help with small items in the move. I got to say the power was just as good as a 392 and drove much better. I only had to slow once on the interstate to 10 MPH to stop the death wobble. Can’t wait to unload that inefficient V8 and get into the sweet V6. I got 25 MPG in the highway!

In Colorado to help a family member move and jumped on the chance to get a gladiator at the rental car counter. If I get some time for mild off roading it will be great but also able to help with small items in the move. I got to say the power was just as good as a 392 and drove much better. I only had to slow once on the interstate to 10 MPH to stop the death wobble. Can’t wait to unload that inefficient V8 and get into the sweet V6. I got 25 MPG in the highway!
🤣 Have you been drug tested lately?

I tried out the 3.6 V6 engine for a couple thousand miles in a Wrangler Rubicon recently and you're right, they are very fuel efficient compared to the 6.4 V8.

I missed the torque, power, and most importantly - the character of the 6.4 V8 whenever I was rocking the V6. I traded in the V6 for another 392 V8.

@258_T18A mentioned that XR package should be offered on the Gladiator, and I would +1 that.

Good luck with the decision.

Colorado really does have some nice beers.

I think my wife would have loved a Gladiator but w/o a 392 or a supercharged Hellcat, I used my veto power and killed that request.

They actually wheel pretty well and look decent with 37s, a lift, and color matching topper. But I’d rather have a Colorado ZR2 Bison if I wanted an off-road pickup.

Glads are too freaking long. A two door on the JLU frame would be perfect for me. My JLU backseats are normally down all the time.

IMG_2320.jpeg

I also hate the ridiculous amount of factory rake on a Glad. Maybe it’s the same as a JL and the length makes it look worse on a JT.

IDK… as my GF says, once you’ve had 8, you don’t want anything with 6. 🤔

Have fun with the gladiator. I still say, your time, earning your money, to buy your toys.

I get it though.
Once my CT is confirmed, selling the Model Y and getting the CT.
Keeping the 392 too though.

Def a troll..

Back