Deep Bass Noise

Out of curiosity, does this do anything for a stock system? I don't have any ANC issues but wondering if this would improve anything otherwise.

Did you install? And does it perform?

Would be great if this works !

So what exactly is this thing supposed to do? I think I’m missing the problem…..

👊🏻🤓☝🏻 I agree with @Bobo57. What exactly does this do??

This ANC system is supposed to counteract excess road, or vehicle, noise in the cabin by using the mics to sense extra noise, and then countering with subwoofer opposite freq so to speak. Some things such as top off and 4 cyl mode create extra noise that may overwork the ANC creating a deep reverb that is very annoying. I’m naked and urban commute so 35 steady mph creates a lot of this deep bass reverb, I’d like to defeat this. One solution is disconnect mics, but some have said this does not work. From my understanding there are 4 mics so they may miss 2 and that is why the reverb persists, but not sure. I see this solution from an audio company and assume that they are thinking about the correct solution in this bypass. I do have a tendency to buy things before too much thought so I’d just like to hear someone here say this does actually work. Conceptually makes sense and I’d rather no dig in and just disconnect things. If anyone can validate it does the trick, I’m in.

The LLJ Customs bypass does not work for the 392, or any other Wrangler with the factory subwoofer. I reached out to them back in April and they confirmed this. They said they were working on a solution but had no ETA on it.

Please tell me every 392 doesn’t do this.
It only happens it that “sweet” spot, or in our case the anti-sweet spot, and depending on driving conditions you may never notice it.

Please tell me every 392 doesn’t do this.
I don’t have mine yet, but I did an extended test drive of the 392 and I didn’t hear anything like described.

I don’t have mine yet, but I did an extended test drive of the 392 and I didn’t hear anything like described.
Was that a top down configuration at low speed in 4cyl mode?

Was that a top down configuration at low speed in 4cyl mode?
Solid top and no panels removed, was testing for 4 cyl mode, did not hear anything like that in and out of 4cyl mode.

There’s a few older threads about it on the forum. All of the 392’s have ANC (active noise canceling). The models with SOT tops also have two modes for the factory audio system…. Top open mode and top closed mode.

There’s a few older threads about it on the forum. All of the 392’s have ANC (active noise canceling). The models with SOT tops also have two modes for the factory audio system…. Top open mode and top closed mode.
Is that anything like the old Chevy SSR, where the general audio response gets boomier with the top down?

Is that anything like the old Chevy SSR, where the general audio response gets boomier with the top down?
There’s actually a bass drop out with the top open. I haven’t noticed much of a difference but other forum members have. There’s a distinct brief pause on the audio when it switches modes.

I ordered dual tops, no SOT. Does this issue present exclusively with SOT?

I ordered dual tops, no SOT. Does this issue present exclusively with SOT?
The two audio modes is SOT only I believe. It’s in the owners manual I’ll dig it up. They all have ANC (which people have also complained about)

Interesting that SOT may have two modes. I bought dual top group, took off hard top immediately and haven’t even had fully enclosed for maybe a year now, doors and no top. If SOT has a defeat that would be what I would need. Again this is only for low speed travel, manual mode is the best defeat but I’d like another option.

The SOT has two modes for sure. Here’s more folks talking about it on the JL forum:

You can override it by tapping the SOT button and the bass gets restored.

I know a lot of folks have complained about the ANC that is installed on all of our Jeeps. Like I said earlier, I’m not bothered by the ANC or the bass drop out on the SOT. I’m also not an audiophile. I know a few members have pulled the mics for the ANC on the sound bar…. I believe there are four mics.

Back