392 Side Step and Running Board Ideas

Greetings!

Many of us have ordered vehicles. Since it may take Some time to receive delivery, it would be nice to make some preparations for when the day arrives.

While I have seen a few examples of what members have done for sidesteps or running boards, it would be nice if we could have many different ideas specifically for the 392. Some solutions may be protective while others just provide utility.

Thank you for your thoughts and Happy Holidays to all!
I went with rocker guards which were originally an ACE Engineering product, but ACE was bought out by Steinjager earlier this year, https://steinjager.com/shop/. The Steinjager rocker guards fit nice and snug against the factory rocker guards and have the same finish, so they match perfectly.
tempImageRrgjDi.png
tempImage9NYUUZ.png

I have used white knuckle off roads rock sliders in the past on my power wagon. Seriously beefy stuff, you could jack off of them. They make a couple different versions on the Rubicon depending whether or not you want to keep you factory sliders for cosmetic reasons. They also have options for being angled up or flat out as an easier step.

If rock-crawling protection is not a major concern I think the MOPAR running boards are hard to beat:

PROS
- Made of molded black plastic, so no issues with wear or rust (except the hidden metal brackets)
- OEM fit makes installation easy -- 30 minutes
- Aesthetic design IMO creates “clean" integration with fenders
- Tight clearances between fenders and running boards keeps debris off running board surfaces
- Dimpled surface prevents slipping even when wet
- Continuous flat plane makes it easy to shuffle from left to right while accessing the windshield/roof
- Less expensive than most other running boards
- Routinely available at Jeep dealers -- makes for easy return if you’re not happy with them

CONS
- Not robust enough to double as rock sliders
- May be too common/boring looking for those who want their Jeeps to be more unique

View attachment 2207
I'm assuming you had to remove the factory rock rails(?)

Greetings!

Many of us have ordered vehicles. Since it may take Some time to receive delivery, it would be nice to make some preparations for when the day arrives.

While I have seen a few examples of what members have done for sidesteps or running boards, it would be nice if we could have many different ideas specifically for the 392. Some solutions may be protective while others just provide utility.

Thank you for your thoughts and Happy Holidays to all!
I'm looking for steps that work with my factory rock sliders. Suggestions?

I went with rocker guards which were originally an ACE Engineering product, but ACE was bought out by Steinjager earlier this year, https://steinjager.com/shop/. The Steinjager rocker guards fit nice and snug against the factory rocker guards and have the same finish, so they match perfectly.View attachment 2226View attachment 2227
I like the satin grill with the granite. I did not order with it but I think I will buy one and swap it out. That way I have the original I can use for a wall decoration.

Just because I like how it sits up against the frame. The ones I've seen have gaps, which are unsightly to me.
I agree with wanting to cover the gap and pinch weld. I think these do it well. They have a mildly annoying install video but at least you get a good look at the steps if you watch it. They were on sale for $670 and I almost bought but since I don't have my Jeep yet I don't know if I think I will need steps. My preference would be to go without but I need to have it to be sure.

I agree with wanting to cover the gap and pinch weld. I think these do it well. They have a mildly annoying install video but at least you get a good look at the steps if you watch it. They were on sale for $670 and I almost bought but since I don't have my Jeep yet I don't know if I think I will need steps. My preference would be to go without but I need to have it to be sure.

I never heard of them until you mentioned it here. Definitely in the running for me. Also seriously considering the retractable steps too.

I like mine without, but plan on installing the 3.5" Metalcloak Game Changer and 35s, so I'm going to need to have steps for friends and family. I'm sure my service dog is going to hate those mods too. Lol.

I never heard of them until you mentioned it here. Definitely in the running for me. Also seriously considering the retractable steps too.

I like mine without, but plan on installing the 3.5" Metalcloak Game Changer and 35s, so I'm going to need to have steps for friends and family. I'm sure my service dog is going to hate those mods too. Lol.
Hm, lift with 35's. Its my firm understanding a lift is not needed for 35's. I plan to get 35's right away. I have a couple of shorter friends who really like my steps and grab handles on my LJR but it is higher than the 392 will be.

Hm, lift with 35's. Its my firm understanding a lift is not needed for 35's. I plan to get 35's right away. I have a couple of shorter friends who really like my steps and grab handles on my LJR but it is higher than the 392 will be.
You're correct. I don't need the lift with 35s. I can probably get away with 37s too. But I did have 35s on my lifted 2015 JKU. So just going off past experience. The lift is still a "wish list" item, but going with the 35s after Christmas.

I don't see them on the website, only some for a 2 door and some that come higher up the side.
I noticed that the Steinjager site did not list the fourdoor version after I made my post. My bad, should have checked beforehand. However, ACE Engineering's website https://aceengineeringandfab.com is still working and should accept your order redirecting it through to Steinjager. I found this out the hard way earlier this year. Not sure why everything hasn't been converted over yet. As the attachments reveal though, I was able to acquire the four door version of the Rocksliders for my Jeep.

I like the satin grill with the granite. I did not order with it but I think I will buy one and swap it out. That way I have the original I can use for a wall decoration.
I ordered the Black Grille because the material the grille is made of is black throughout which will certainly avoid paint chips from rocks etc. Should the grill get hit hard enough to cause damage it shouldn't be as noticable because of the material's consistancy throughout.

I went with AMP power steps and really like them for my needs. I installed myself and ran them to AUX switches so I can turn them off if and when off road. Not much protection if you are rock crawling which I do none anyway. Good luck with whatever you decide.View attachment 2213View attachment 2214
Curios what made you go with AMP versus RSE?

Back