What are you going to modify first on your new 392?

Installed factory running boards, Quadra-tec floor mats and sill guards.
next week a snow plow and clear wax to protect the chassis from road salt

Installed factory running boards, Quadra-tec floor mats and sill guards.
next week a snow plow and clear wax to protect the chassis from road salt
What type of snow plow are you installing? Before I order a 392, I’m trying to find out if my 7’2 Western Defender is compatible. I know it supported on a standard Rubicon, but not sure if there’s conflict with the 6.4L or 2” lift.

Received my wheels. Tires ordered.
going on next weekend.
Black Rhino Abrahams (17x9.5) and Nitto Terra Grappler G2 (35x12.50x17)

Attachments

• D7C74BAB-A327-4B75-B165-2178B1248D21.jpeg
    D7C74BAB-A327-4B75-B165-2178B1248D21.jpeg
    261.1 KB · Views: 137
Received my wheels. Tires ordered.
going on next weekend.
Black Rhino Abrahams (17x9.5) and Nitto Terra Grappler G2 (35x12.50x17)
I've put a lot of miles on in my life. The only two times I have had a flat tire on the side of the road both were with Nitto Terra Grappler G2 on my GMC.

I've put a lot of miles on in my life. The only two times I have had a flat tire on the side of the road both were with Nitto Terra Grappler G2 on my GMC.
oddly enough, they’re the tires I’ve had the best experience with. Those and trail grapplers.

I used Carolina Metal Masters 20mm ball mount on the handle.
I used Offroam 3.5 inch long dual 20mm arm.
BulletPoint universal phone mount.
Very solid set up, out of everybody’s way and doesn’t block anything.
I also used Carolina Metal Masters doors off mirrors. Zero vibration. Option to add ball joints for phones, cameras etc.
Excellent!
Thank You for the response :)

What type of snow plow are you installing? Before I order a 392, I’m trying to find out if my 7’2 Western Defender is compatible. I know it supported on a standard Rubicon, but not sure if there’s conflict with the 6.4L or 2” lift.
I’m going to remount my fisher homesteader. Think the western is the same. $350 for the truck side but like the old 2010 rubicon’s mount it needs modifications so I don’t smash it off rocks being mounted to low.
Probably make a custom one when I get a chance to get it on the lift and fire up the plasma table and mig it up. Probably reuse the wire harness and use the jeeps auxiliary switch for plow lights and jump the markers and directionals as normally done.
The JK had 35s and 4” teraflex lift and plowed great at that height… the 392XR is lower by about 2 inches I think.

I’m going to remount my fisher homesteader. Think the western is the same. $350 for the truck side but like the old 2010 rubicon’s mount it needs modifications so I don’t smash it off rocks being mounted to low.
Probably make a custom one when I get a chance to get it on the lift and fire up the plasma table and mig it up. Probably reuse the wire harness and use the jeeps auxiliary switch for plow lights and jump the markers and directionals as normally done.
The JK had 35s and 4” teraflex lift and plowed great at that height… the 392XR is lower by about 2 inches I think.
This is helpful, thanks for the details. Western dealers will not install the plow on the 392 because they said the front axle load (3100lb) is over capacity with the heavier motor. I found a private shop that will install though. Placed the order for my 392 yesterday!

Zoom on in. The two sides have different part numbers. The badges have alignment pins on the back that are of different distances, left side / right side. If you're placing these badges anywhere besides on the hood, as there's drilled alignment holes on the hood, then you'll be cutting off the pins anyways. I say this because I ordered 2 badges, left & right side. One badge was on back order for months. I could have just ordered 2 left side badges and received the complete order more promptly.
Who makes your inner fender liners?

What needed to be modified?
Attaching the front fenders required drilling thru the frame. I ran 4" bolts through the inner fenders, attaching them through/to the frame. This modification was not technically required; however, there was no way I could imagine that the plastic 'Christmas Tree' push pins would hold for any length of time. It would have only been a matter of time before the push pins would have come loose... and then of course the inner fenders would have dropped and with my luck would have gotten wrapped around the wheel doing 65mph down the freeway.

Other modifications were purely cosmetic as shown in the link.

Attaching the front fenders required drilling thru the frame. I ran 4" bolts through the inner fenders, attaching them through/to the frame. This modification was not technically required; however, there was no way I could imagine that the plastic 'Christmas Tree' push pins would hold for any length of time. It would have only been a matter of time before the push pins would have come loose... and then of course the inner fenders would have dropped and with my luck would have gotten wrapped around the wheel doing 65mph down the freeway.

Other modifications were purely cosmetic as shown in the link.

Thanks justinB!

Thanks justinB!
Side note for inner fenders…if the company you are buying from doesn’t have specific 392 inners then you need to order their JL diesel inners. Will make your install much easier. I went with American Adventure Lab’s diesel inners.

Should have mine in two weeks, parts gathered:

37x12.5x17 Yokohama G003
17x9x17 -12 offset 4.53 BS Dirty Life 9303-7973MGD12 beadlocks
Apex Power Steering Cooler & Booster
Next Venture Aluminum Belly Skid with UHMW
Next Venture Rock Rails
Next Venture Aluminum Front Bumper
American Adventure Lab High Line LED turn signals
American Adventure Lab front fender liners
Tazer Mini JL
Pedal Commander

Parts should all be here around the same time as the 392
That offset give you a total rub free 37 or are you also rubbing with the same offset as stock wheels? I saw the “12” listed on stock 392 wheels as -12…that what you’re tracking?

Back