Traction control button

I went and compared the Tazer force RWD to the traction control button hold for 5 seconds. The Jeep behaved the same. I tried spinning my tires with the AWD normal set up. It was walking through my brakes without spinning. With the traction control button held for 5 seconds then trying the same the back wheels started with very very little effort. I did the same with the Tazer forced RWD and again spun the rear wheels with very little effort. In fact, when I force RWD with the Tazer while in drive I clearly feel something on the Jeep release. I feel the exact same thing release while in drive after holding the traction control button for 5 seconds….doing all this stopped but in drive. That all being said, I’m not sure what the functionality of it would be except to do a burn out with out a Tazer. My tires are too expensive for that, unless someone dares me and holds my beer. The picture with the deep tire marks are with the Tazer forced RWD and the TCB 5 second hold side by side. The picture with lighter burn marks side by side are TCB 5 second hold on the left with no front tire marks. If you look on the right you see where the front tires engaged after slight spin in the rear, that was in normal set up.

Attachments

• 84A5A8D1-ECCF-4902-9701-4D7D6E00D26B.jpeg
    84A5A8D1-ECCF-4902-9701-4D7D6E00D26B.jpeg
    586.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 7142E246-5D69-4E09-A0F2-ABE11A8D8A3E.jpeg
    7142E246-5D69-4E09-A0F2-ABE11A8D8A3E.jpeg
    505.2 KB · Views: 113
I went and compared the Tazer force RWD to the traction control button hold for 5 seconds. The Jeep behaved the same. I tried spinning my tires with the AWD normal set up. It was walking through my brakes without spinning. With the traction control button held for 5 seconds then trying the same the back wheels started with very very little effort. I did the same with the Tazer forced RWD and again spun the rear wheels with very little effort. In fact, when I force RWD with the Tazer while in drive I clearly feel something on the Jeep release. I feel the exact same thing release while in drive after holding the traction control button for 5 seconds….doing all this stopped but in drive. That all being said, I’m not sure what the functionality of it would be except to do a burn out with out a Tazer. My tires are too expensive for that, unless someone dares me and holds my beer. The picture with the deep tire marks are with the Tazer forced RWD and the TCB 5 second hold side by side. The picture with lighter burn marks side by side are TCB 5 second hold on the left with no front tire marks. If you look on the right you see where the front tires engaged after slight spin in the rear, that was in normal set up.
Awesome insight.. thanks Ben! I haven’t tried force 2wd on my Tazor yet so now I will thanks to your detail.

I have no Tazer so maybe that's the difference?

Mine definitely did not switch to 2wd. Maybe with the Tazer turning off traction control does not Engauge the transfer case.

Mine definitely did not switch to 2wd. Maybe with the Tazer turning off traction control does not Engauge the transfer case.
Are you doing a brake torque start/launch?

I’m assuming you did but Just checking that you are holding the Traction Control Button until basically every warning light on your dash lights up?

I’m assuming you did but Just checking that you are holding the Traction Control Button until basically every warning light on your dash lights up?

I have the Tazer mini and when I held TCB for 5 secs I got ABS and BRAKE lights flashing and TC off and the TCB button would not shut off after. Had to restart it and still on and finally it went off.

I have the Tazer mini and when I held TCB for 5 secs I got ABS and BRAKE lights flashing and TC off and the TCB button would not shut off after. Had to restart it and still on and finally it went off.
Yep, at that point hold brake pressure and see if your back tires spin.

I've been following this and made a few comments. I find it hard to believe the factory traction control button changes function with or without the Tazer installed without being set to do so.

Burnout? Pics or it didn’t happen… 😜

I've been following this and made a few comments. I find it hard to believe the factory traction control button changes function with or without the Tazer installed without being set to do so.
The Tazer does allow for this when installed on a 392, the traction control would need to be off to have that function. I can only assume but with the Tazer installed the traction control off may disengage the clutch in the transfer case either through the Tazer settings or when you do it through the ESC switch.

Basically ESC off - 2wd. That would be my guess. I don't have a Tazer to try it both ways.

I just tried this again tonight on my snow covered driveway. Using only the 5 second push on the traction control button, I was able to spin complete circles with NO front tire spin. I do have a Tazer, but the RWD option is not enabled.

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back