The Shooter’s Thread

That’s pretty sweet!
the natural,progression of a would be thief is looking down into the cargo area, floor, seat, etc.

I just spoke with someone at GraBarsUSA. They said the JKVault is currently out of production because their supplier who manufactured it for them ghosted them during COVID. They have no idea where the guy went. I'm guessing he either made millions on crypto and NFTs and is living in Belize, or he's bankrupt from the same. 🤣

I suggested they reach out to Brit at American Adventure Lab for a collaboration on making one for the JL.

Well, the Shape Shift Shell arrived today. Only problem is, it is designed for the 43X and the 43X MOS doesn't like to fit in it because it has an accessory rail where as the 43X does not. I was hoping AG had left enough room so that either version would fit, but apparently not, and they don't have a dedicated 43X MOS version.

I have been whittling away at it with my Dremel today... got the plastic cut around so that the optic would fit, now I just need to get the rest of it to fit... Have started cutting through sections of it around where the rail is, but I think the surgery is going to have to get more drastic.

Got the 43X MOS to holster finally after a bunch of Dremel work. Still probably need to take off a few millimeters here and there, but it works for its intended purpose now.

i-5whkzRL-X2.jpg

With the shape shifter, does one use the left-hand draw because it mounts as if left hip?

I understand some of you guys prefer to use a gun mount in the jeep, mounting locations may vary. For me, I simply don't use any mount. I always do the Inside the Waistband Appendix Carry. When I'm in vehicle, I just tuck my shirt and have the seat belt route behind the magazine. I can quick draw and get out the vehicle quickly too. I never leave my weapon in any vehicle. That's what works best for me. And when I get pulled over, I roll down the window and put my two hands on the steering wheel, also inform the officer politely that I have a CCW permit to avoid any surprise.
G29 in rig & g43 tucked away.
Also travel w Alien gear chest holster for back country bear /moose
With the shape shifter, does one use the left-hand draw because it mounts as if left hip?
yes, assuming u mount on drivers side. Revers for passenger compartment.

You can configure to the draw from either hand in their tool linked below. the shapeshift you can move your “shell” (the holster) to different setups on the fly

Edit
To balance tension on waist belt for IWB I add
But I’m on the motorcycle a lot and the shapeshifter shoulder holster was a good buy for daily carry

Last edited:
G29 in rig & g43 tucked away.
Also travel w Alien gear chest holster for back country bear /moose

yes, assuming u mount on drivers side. Revers for passenger compartment.
Thank you.

My humble recommendation.
Practice, practice and practice more, off hand and off eye shooting, just in case you’re ever in a real fight and incapacitated on your dominant side.

Low light, confined quarters, close quarters, etc.

most don’t even know pushing a slide about 3-4 mm make any auto incapable of firing.
I own a Chalker Blocker. It’s like a brush guard for your auto. Prevents the slide from moving when you plant that smoke wagon in a gut sack.
I just someone made Them today and for more models.
Denny is no longer.

most don’t even know pushing a slide about 3-4 mm make any auto incapable of firing.
I own a Chalker Blocker. It’s like a brush guard for your auto. Prevents the slide from moving when you plant that smoke wagon in a gut sack.
This is why a surefire light lives on my modified Glock 17 and why I dont use the the Glock 34 for that role anymore.

Made a small thematic update to the Jeep gun...

When the time comes that I put a throttle response controller on the 392, it will 100% be the Banks PedalMonster.
Have both. Prefer Banks -more versatile and has nice safety feature for reverse gear (stays stock) or if unit dies (reverts stock functionality to accelerator)

Have both. Prefer Banks -more versatile and has nice safety feature for reverse gear (stays stock) or if unit dies (reverts stock functionality to accelerator)

Plus... Beyond the built-in ActiveSafety features, Gale Banks is awesome and it's made in the USA. Plus it uses safe 12V ODB power and doesn't leach off the 5V pedal circuit which can cause the entire circuit to fail.

Actual quote from Gale Banks on The Truck Show Podcast:
"If you like driving an emasculated automobile, drive a Tesla or whatever. If you like what goes 'bang' put a 392 in a Jeep."

Do those pedal commanders fire rounds packed with gunpowder?

Enjoying this thread. Need a pic with my Jeep 392 loaded for the range but here is a fun pic of my 2022 McLaren GT. No gun safety comments please . . . I already know that the weapons are loaded and aimed at the driver and passenger.
McLaren.jpg

Back