The end is coming… much sooner than we thought.

My thinking is I usually only drive 10-20 miles a day during the week. Full electric would be nice to save on gas while just cruising around my town. A 75 or 100 mile range would give plenty of buffer for 99.9% of my daily driving. If I ever need to go on a road trip, then using the gas engine is fine.

I just want to be able to flip a switch though and be able to take advantage of the electric torque / acceleration if I ever want to get on it for fun and still have similar acceleration times as a 392.
That was the original reason I took the wife out to test drive the 4xe with a deal in place for a local order. The 15 miles we drove that fully discharged it from 100% to 0 and the sluggish response in both EV only and Hybrid with a depleted battery had us moving on pretty quickly. The concept is good, I like that the electric motor sits behind the transmission but the execution is poor. Whoever at Jeep greenlighted an advertised 23 (but real world teens) mile range as sufficient was smoking something that day.

Back