slight squeak/squeal

If it makes you guys feel any better, It’s a thing on the TRX too:

Yeah, it’s a long going story over the TRX side. It seems that some of the TRX always make the squeak when the truck is not moving, my 392 does not make the squeak at idle when it’s warm, just under acceleration as I described.

Honestly if I would have known or heard it when buying I would’ve skipped it. This is either lazy engineering or cheap parts or both.

Honestly if I would have known or heard it when buying I would’ve skipped it. This is either lazy engineering or cheap parts or both.
Let me tell you, it didn’t make the noise the first day I pick it up, but I started noticing the noise on my way back home the next day.

I didn’t notice it when in got mine but it was 35 degrees and 40 mph winds so I didn’t exactly hang out outside.

I didn’t notice it when in got mine but it was 35 degrees and 40 mph winds so I didn’t exactly hang out outside.
I actually noticed the acceleration noise before the cold start noise on my way back home from Koons, without performance exhaust and radio. The only time I barely hear the acceleration noise is when it’s rainy, I guess the water just absorbed the noise. Maybe I’m paranoid on it.

anybody know what he's talking about:

1683897522728.png

1683897533981.png

facebook thread but the guy posting never listed his source.

there is a spacer welded to the flange where the converter connects to the header. one space for each bolt. 2 bolts per flange. the spacer is welded and cannot be removed. it's likely there to keep the flange from flexing if over tightened.

the spring bolts used on the passenger side converter to crossover pipe are not the source of the noise.

today i sat under the jeep and remote started it again and the noise clearly to my ear is coming from inside the converters themselves.

i'd love it if someone made an aftermarket catted midpipe.

I remember someone deleted the catalytic converter on his TRX and reported that the squeaky noise moved to more rear portion of the exhaust, probably muffler?

Mine did not make it when I picked it up at the dealership but has made it ever since. If I ever have to take it to the dealership I will have them look at it but have absolutely no illusions that they will even attempt to trace it down.

resurrecting this thread to add a write up / repost from the TRX forum reference the squeak / chirp sound. Pretty much what most people have concluded. I had the same start up chirp on both the TRX and the 392

resurrecting this thread to add a write up / repost from the TRX forum reference the squeak / chirp sound. Pretty much what most people have concluded. I had the same start up chirp on both the TRX and the 392

Nice reading! I wish the author would have explained why and when the chirping disappears. It’s more or less than 1 minute after cold start in our 392s. Does it disappear in TRX?

I took mine to a new dealer - Lou Fouz in O'Fallon Mo. The first time they had it for a week and said they "confirmed the issue but the customer needed the vehicle back". I took it back this week and said I would just leave it until it was fixed. Now they can't find a problem and I should come and pick it up. Drives me crazy. Now I dealer has had it 3X and another has had it 2X. I asked to speak the service manage but he is out. I really don't think they did much with it, and they don't seem concerned about fixing it. Really a shame, I otherwise have really liked the vehicle. I'm up to 20k miles now.

7% off 2024 Jeep Wrangler 392 Granger Motors Just Bolt Ons.com MARK CDJR in Lake Charles Louisiana Underground Graphics

Latest Discussions

Back