Rear View mirror options ???

Update - so I do not like the Auto-Vox T9Pro; I will be returning it and getting the Wolfbox 900Pro or the Pelsee 12Pro more than likely.
The T9Pro is absolutely better than the factory see nothing mirror. However it does not have a very bright screen and there is not a zoom feature for the rear camera. Without a zoom the angle in my opinion is way to wide for use as a rear view mirror. The T9Pro does very well handling headlights at night.
 
I'm interested in seeing what people have to say in this thread. After installing a 40" spare tire I had been thinking about taking my rear-view mirror off and not even having one, because you can't see anything with it anyway. At least that way I could see better out the front windshield. This is a much better idea, LOL. So, ... let's see which one is better, and why.
what brand of tire holder did you use for your 40's?
 
I use a CavFab. It works great, very solid.
 
Went with the Wolfbox 900Pro and feel it is better than the Autovox, and way better at night.
 
If you wear corrective glass for distance, looking at video mirror can be blurry. I discovered that driving a C8 Z06. If I turned mirror to normal setting, was clear… but when I activated camera mode, wasn’t clear without removing glasses.
 
I 3D printed a rear mount and used some 2 sided gorilla tape - works and looks better than the one that was included in the kit. I can send the .stl file of you have access to a 3D printer.

I ordered this OEM style mount for the mirror itself - perfect fit and finish. I'll takes some additional pics this afternoon and post them here.


View attachment 42279View attachment 42280
Fantastic! The field of view has got to be much better then the factory camera being up their at the top of the roof line!. This is one mod I would like to do especially when integrating it with the factory mirror which provides a very limited view.
 

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top